'; ?>
Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Sharon from Louisiana, USA

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**
1 2 3 4 Next >

Sharon Hebert Linzy
Sharon Hebert Linzy
quotePosted at 03:09 on 24th February 2008
Hi everyone. I have always held a special place for England deep in my heart since I was a little girl because I used to have a pen pal from England. We met through Girl Guides/ Girl Scouts and wrote for many years. Over the years I lost track of her and I remember one of the addresses on her letters was Barrow-In-Furness, Cumbria..I am hoping to one day reunite with my good friend Anne Bardwell and perhaps even come visit after my son, Nicholas returns home from Iraq where he is serving with the US Army. When I was in the US Air Force, I did get a chance to visit London, England but by that time I had lost contact with Anne. If anyone knows where or how I might be able to find her, please let me know. I would even like other websites I could use to find out where she is. I am 50 years old and she is too. I think she had a brother named Robert and a sister named Sally. After all these years its a little bit fuzzy.So if anyone could help me out please let me know.. Thank you very much..Sharon
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 03:16 on 24th February 2008

Good luck in your search for Anne, you just never know, someone on the forum may know her or the area where she lived/lives. There is a member on the board who lives just miles from where I grew up, so you see, it is possible.

Welcome to the board  . I hope you share any success you have in finding your friend. And God bless your son in Iraq.

L
L
quotePosted at 09:45 on 24th February 2008
Hi Sharon, sorry cant help with any info for you but stranger things can happened, I read a thread once from someone in Tazmania looking for his sister who lived near me, I didnt know her but we found her in the end and we (from Taz) are still in contact even to this day.So dont give up, someone somewhere might just recognise the person you are looking for!
poePremier Member - Click for more info
poe
quotePosted at 12:26 on 24th February 2008
Hi Sharon, welcome to the site. Good luck with your search for your friend. I hope that someone out there comes across your message and can help. Godspeed your sons safe return from Iraq

quote | editPosted at 17:30 on 24th February 2008

Hello Sharon, a warm welcome to the site....hope you find your long-lost penpal.....many moons ago I had a penpal by the name of Ann Ward and I can even remember her exact address...suffice to say she lived in Gaylord Michigan USA...we corresponded for about 4 years from our early teens and then life got in the way and contact was lost......Here's to a safe return for your son from Iraq.

Sue

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 10:46 on 10th March 2008

Hi Sharon

They've already said it above, but welcome! POE is a fantastic resource for whatever you are looking for.

Karen Pugh
Karen Pugh
quotePosted at 14:24 on 10th March 2008

Hi Sharon

I live in Millom, which is not far from Barrow.  If you go to the Northwest Evening Mail (cumbria) website (google it), they have an info page.  You could maybe email them and they might put an advertisement in their paper for you.  Their paper goes all over the Barrow area.  That could be an idea.

And welcome to POECool

Karen
Len Philpot
Len Philpot
quotePosted at 20:19 on 18th March 2008

Hi Sharon,

From one Louisianian to another. Smile I live in Pineville, right in the middle of the state. I've enjoyed the time spent here on POE, kind of ironic that two Louisiana people would "meet" via an English website. I guess that's kind of like using your cellphone to locate your spouse in a large store: Up to the satellite in orbit and back down to 100' away. Cool

L
L
quotePosted at 21:05 on 18th March 2008

Hi there Len, not seen you in here before, WELCOME....see Ron I got in first here too as far as I can tell (unless someone already did the welcome bit in another post) LOLUndecided

p.s. whats that 'thing' you're leaning against? Looks like a cannon , the type they use in a circus lol Tongue out

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 21:23 on 18th March 2008

Na, na, na,na,na!

Maybe you got in first again with the welcome Lyn, I didn't check back but surely you can see that Len has his arm bandaged? This is typically a US field dressing!

Lyn, do you remember that programme with Rodney and Del Boy, didn't he call him a 'plonker' or something? Not that I would suggest you being a plonker of course.

Welcome Len, and please forgive the girl; we try to humour her but......I bet you really love me don't you Lyn?

1 2 3 4 Next >