'; ?>
Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Sharon from Louisiana, USA

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Len Philpot
Len Philpot
quotePosted at 22:33 on 18th March 2008
On 18th March 2008 21:23, Ron Brind wrote:

Maybe you got in first again with the welcome Lyn, I didn't check back but surely you can see that Len has his arm bandaged? This is typically a US field dressing!

Actually that photo was taken mere moments before I was eaten and then promptly spit back out by the dreaded Newtonian! As you can see, it has my arm in its maw already, all the way up to the elbow (usually it consumes one's wallet first, though)! But, not to fear - I'm all OK again. Tongue out

Actually, it's an astronomical telescope. I'm an amateur astronomer (when I have time) and I use it to view stars, nebulae, galaxies, planets, etc. You can go to my website (http://philpot.org/) to see more.

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 22:40 on 18th March 2008

At first I thought it was a cannon, but then I thought maybe some kind of telescope.

I am so clever  .

Do you actually own it? (Cheeky question that you don't have to answer) Any way, I shall go and check out your web page.

Peter Evans
Peter Evans
quotePosted at 23:22 on 18th March 2008

Hi Len, welcome to the site. Please dont get drawn in with Lyn and Ron, they will eat you up and spit out the bones. He he he.  Only kidin, I think. But what do I know, I'm a country bumkin.

I think we are all getting a bit mad on here, we have to get out more, and take some photo's.

Sharon Hebert Linzy
Sharon Hebert Linzy
quotePosted at 03:37 on 19th March 2008

Hi again, Everyone.. GREAT NEWS!!! I found my pen pal Anne after Karen Pugh suggested I try contacting the North West Evening Mail online.. It was great and they located Anne. The paper even featured an article about our reunion..It was wonderful hearing from Anne after over 35 years!!!  Thanks again for the  suggestion Karen.. It was wonderful.. And thanks to all of you for the warm wishes on the safe return of my son from Iraq..

With heartfelt thanks again for all of your help,

Sharon

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 09:29 on 19th March 2008

Hello Sharon

What fantastic news, and to think it came about by POE member Karen suggesting you contact the North West Evening Mail online! Congratulations and well done Karen for the suggestion! Thats the power of POE friends! I will also contact the NWE Mail to see if we can use the feature on POE.

In fact it got me thinking about how POE might help in the search for Madeleine McCann, so I will be starting a new thread very shortly (along with two others) and asking for help just as Sharon did. You never know what might come of it because POE has millions of visitors, and the smallest clue might be the very link that the Police/Interpol or any other Investigative organization throughout the world may need.

Peter Evans
Peter Evans
quotePosted at 12:05 on 19th March 2008
Great news Sharon, with so much to catch up on with Anne, dont forget that we are still here though.
poePremier Member - Click for more info
poe
quotePosted at 12:23 on 19th March 2008
On 19th March 2008 03:37, Sharon Hebert Linzy wrote:

Hi again, Everyone.. GREAT NEWS!!! I found my pen pal Anne after Karen Pugh suggested I try contacting the North West Evening Mail online.. It was great and they located Anne. The paper even featured an article about our reunion..It was wonderful hearing from Anne after over 35 years!!!  Thanks again for the  suggestion Karen.. It was wonderful.. And thanks to all of you for the warm wishes on the safe return of my son from Iraq..

With heartfelt thanks again for all of your help,

Sharon

Hi Sharon, that really is great news! Smile
We're so glad that you've found your friend! Well done Karen for the suggestion! Smile

Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 13:30 on 19th March 2008

This is good news indeed, Sharon.

I wish POE could help me find Roger Maher, but alas, I think he is living in Utah. But he may get homesick for England and look at this site, and find my post and find me.

I know we all get so much from this site, not just the beauty of the pictures, but learning how to find the right shot, how to compose the picture, where to go, and so much more. And then the forums offer so much in the way of advice, fun, comfort (my Dad had a second spell in hospital, but never did die like they thought).

Yes, this site is wonderful.

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 14:03 on 19th March 2008
Dare we ask what the connection is Sue, why you want to trace him? (Not of course if it's very personal). I guess it is something that you might like to talk about, otherwise you probably wouldn't have mentioned him. As you know from the Guestbook on this site, as well as the forum, POE has many, many visitors and members. I also have many friends in the US and may be able to help. Trust POE you never know! Guess I'm a poet but didn't know it!!
Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 14:33 on 19th March 2008

When my friends and I were teenagers, Roger was stationed at Upper Heyford USAF base. Roger was a little older than my friends and I, and he became like a big brother to us. We were a tight group, but as most things go, Roger was transferred to Korea, and we all grew up, thought the rest of my friends still live in the Oxford area and we get together every time I go home.

Most of our little group turn 50 this year (including myself), and when I go back in May/June we want to have a joint 50th celebration, and of course we want Roger there.

So Ron, nothing lurid. Thought Roger did drive a Porsche 911, which did make him very attractive in an un-brotherly way to some, but not me  (though I did go out with him in his Porsche many times).