Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Hemsby beach, Norfolk

Hemsby

in the county of Norfolk

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Deborah from Texas

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

L
L
quotePosted at 22:48 on 8th April 2008
oooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh pickyyyyy! Peter lol where I live must be boring cos no-one seems to visit it lol probably cos its not as famous as York, Bath, Oxford or London etc, did you know that Bedfordshire is the smallest of the Shire counties? Not a lot of people know that boom boom!
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions

quote | editPosted at 22:49 on 8th April 2008
Sorry I think that should be Haworth.Smile
Peter Evans
Peter Evans
quotePosted at 23:09 on 8th April 2008
Hey Lyn, that must be worth a brownie point. I noticed YOU made a spelling mistake. He he he.
Roses
Roses
quotePosted at 23:46 on 8th April 2008
Lyn, your area is anything but boring!  We use to come up that way pretty regularly!  (at least until they messed up that rotary on the A1)!  We use to go to that deer park alot...can't remember the name of the place off habd though.
Peter Evans
Peter Evans
quotePosted at 00:15 on 9th April 2008
On 8th April 2008 22:48, Lyn Greenaway wrote:
oooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh pickyyyyy! Peter lol where I live must be boring cos no-one seems to visit it lol probably cos its not as famous as York, Bath, Oxford or London etc, did you know that Bedfordshire is the smallest of the Shire counties? Not a lot of people know that boom boom!

Is that why it get shortened to Beds? lol
Deborah Williamson
Deborah Williamson
quotePosted at 02:00 on 9th April 2008
Thanks to all for the suggestions.  I know you're right, Peter, about the number of British writers - countless!  Wales is actually where my dad's family is from, so I do hope to make it there.  Also, Lyn, I looked at some of your pictures - the daffodils are great - we just finished Wordsworth's "I Wandered Lonely as a Cloud!"  And Barton Springs - we have a Barton Springs in Texas - one of the best places EVER for swimming!

L
L
quotePosted at 07:10 on 9th April 2008

Roses...Do you mean Woburn? There's a public road right through it and you have to drive past the deers that roam 'free' there, and there's Woburn Game Reserve too, Yes thats not far from me, about 20min drive. Or it could be Whipsnade. 

Yes Peter, that joke is as old as the hills lol I say I live in Beds....it sounds like I never get up LOL

Deborah...we cant swim in our Barton Springs....its literally a Spring! a trickle of water coming out of the hills turning into a small stream, or a puddle if we've had no rain for a long time....which doesn't happen very often here in good old Blighty lol

Peter Evans
Peter Evans
quotePosted at 12:10 on 9th April 2008
Hi Deborah, what part of Wales did your dads family come from. I was born in Pontypridd, but lived for a while in Caerphilly. Then Bedwas and Machen before moving to London and then to Essex.
Roses
Roses
quotePosted at 13:21 on 9th April 2008
Lyn, Thanks!  Yes, it was WOBURN!  i loved going there just to see the deer!
L
L
quotePosted at 20:54 on 9th April 2008

No Prob Roses, nothing more annoying than not remembering a name is there.......then again there's the terrible duo  Ron and Peter Wink

Hey Peter, my dad was born in Merthyr, just down the road from Pontypridd, We all used to go to Wales  to visit my old granny and grandad every year, I'm sure we used to go to the market they held there.