Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Brook House Inn

Boot

a Picturesque Village in the county of Cumbria

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Greetings from a Walnut junkie

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Ollytop
Ollytop
quotePosted at 13:08 on 14th October 2009

Hello, I have just joined, having read the various posts about Walnuts and Cobnuts (aka Hazelnuts, Filberts).  I spend most of my time on the roof of the shed overlooking their allotments - I keep them under control and ensure they work hard.  The shed is next to the cobnut tree and not too far from the walnuts.  We collect a huge bowl full of cobnuts (a bit of a paint to shell, though) and the rest are collected and left in their husks for the woodmice, woodpeckers and voles.  The walnuts are all collected and dried  - many used by us, and lots given away by the bagful. 

I love life and really enjoy nice weather. I get very gloomy in Winter when I can't be on the plot, or painting, or gardening. So, winter, and we'll see what these posts bring. Thank you for the welcome so far. - Ollytop

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 13:17 on 14th October 2009
Welcome to POE from Anna and Ron, Ollytop. Your avatar  is going to get a few people drooling over their PC's....they love cats here, especially Diana whom you will meet very shortly I suspect. Enjoy the website, the forum and the members also!
Debbie Adams
Debbie Adams
quotePosted at 13:35 on 14th October 2009
HI Ollytop!! Welcome to POE;-)))   BTW great avatar!
Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
quotePosted at 05:50 on 15th October 2009

Hello, Ollytop.  I love the name.  Welcome to POE.  At least during the gloomy winter days you can surf through your green and pleasant land on this site.  I hope you love it here.

Stephanie Jackson
Stephanie Jackson
quotePosted at 07:13 on 15th October 2009
Welcome again Ollytop. Looking forward to hearing from you in the forum.

quote | editPosted at 10:19 on 15th October 2009

Thank you, thank you thank you: everyone for the warm welcome (I am not a 'cat', by the way, I am a Red Tabby - they say 'on the internet no one knows you're a cat', my disguise is foiled.  Oh well ...). 

My next task is to figure out how to post some pictures, but don't hold your breath.Smile

Shirley K. Lawson
Shirley K. Lawson
quotePosted at 02:46 on 17th October 2009
Come ot the forum and let us know where your reside in the UK...welomce from me also....well, need you come winter to pull us through no doubt..last winter was something else!
Diana Sinclair
Diana Sinclair
quotePosted at 16:02 on 20th October 2009

Hello Ollytop. I think we met on another thread!

Ron is right, I adore cats and your avatar is delightful!

Ollytop
Ollytop
quotePosted at 16:20 on 20th October 2009

Hello Diana - yes, we did. thank you for your comments. I will try to upload pictures of him in due course and will keep you posted (or perhaps you can tick a box or summat). But don't hold your breath, I am currently trying to write some music for a book I wrote, and made/illustrated for my friend's 70th birthday and since it is MANY years since I did music seriously, it is not as easy as it seems ... I can plink it on my keyboard, but writing it down is another story!

Diana Sinclair
Diana Sinclair
quotePosted at 16:23 on 20th October 2009
How exciting! Good luck with that. :-)