'; ?>
Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Winter Solstice 2011, Castlerigg Stone Circle, near Keswick, Cumbria

Castlerigg

in the county of Cumbria

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Hello Everyone

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Brenda Harvey
Brenda Harvey
quotePosted at 04:45 on 28th March 2011
I was very excited to happen on this site. I had my first trip to England last fall and it was such a joy. My son knew I always wanted to go and he took me as a gift. Loved it all. Looking forward to enjoying all the photos.
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
quotePosted at 05:05 on 28th March 2011

Hello mcrthrprk.  Welcome to Pictures of England.  You will love it here.  We have a lovely bunch of people on this forum too.  My husband and I had two trips over there in the last 3 years and I can't wait to go again.  This site helped so much when I was planning our trips.  Hope to see some of your pics.

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 08:14 on 28th March 2011

Hi Mcrthprk (surely we haven't got to call you that each time have we?) lol

Anyway, welcome to POE from Anna and Ron to a website and forum with members that actually care about each other. We just know you will enjoy it.

cathyml
cathyml
quotePosted at 12:15 on 28th March 2011

Hi there!  A very warm welcome to POE.   

You have put some lovely pics on POE already and I look forward very much to seeing more.  It looks as though you had a good visit to England!

Karen Lee
Karen Lee
quotePosted at 22:21 on 28th March 2011

Hi Mcrthprk,

Welcome to POE, i'm fairly new to this too, and i can tell you the people on this site are a very friendly bunch, and lots of fun to chat to.  Have seen your pictures and love them, hope to see more very soon. And glad you had a wonderful stay here. 

Vince Hawthorn
Vince Hawthorn
quotePosted at 22:32 on 28th March 2011
        Hi and Welcome to the POEland, You will feel at home here. There are some great photos in your first batch, keep them coming.
Diana Sinclair
Diana Sinclair
quotePosted at 23:42 on 28th March 2011
Hello Mcrthprk and welcome to the POE family. :-) How lovely that you had your first taste of England, and I am so glad that you got to share it with someone you love. :-)
Brenda Harvey
Brenda Harvey
quotePosted at 08:16 on 29th March 2011
Thank you all for the warm welcome and I'm glad you enjoyed the photos I put up. I just take pictures for for fun. I'm definitely not an expert. Matter of fact, when I was in London. I hit the delete all button and lost a lot of them. Fortunately, my son had already uploaded many of them to his laptop. Ron, That's funny you mentioned my mcrthrprk. It's MacArthur Park, the song. I always use it. It has sentimental meaning for me, but my name is Brenda and it's so nice to meet you and all the POE members.
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 08:40 on 29th March 2011

Hi Brenda. I had gathered what it was, but you'll see that you can keep it for your avatar whilst still allowing the members to call you by your name...

Or your can change it in your POE Profile, the choice is yours. Either way, enjoy this great website and forum, along with the members.

Brenda Harvey
Brenda Harvey
quotePosted at 08:55 on 29th March 2011
Ron, Yes, Brenda is fine. I'll change it in the profile. I use a computer all the time for work, but the thread thing rather baffles me. I've been reading them trying to figure it all out. If I mess up, please forgive me.