Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

A view in the Abbey Garden, Tresco

Tresco

in the county of Isles of Scilly

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Nelson From Brazil

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 17:37 on 22nd July 2011

Hi Nelson

You are right on  all counts. You clicked on 'Quote' and so it quoted the post that you were in at the time (the grey box that followed in the thread) albeit your own, which I have now deleted for you. Edit lets you change things after you have posted it.

Secondly, I only guessed that you had intended to post, or wanted to 'say something' and yes you will have to write again whatever it was you wanted to say in the next available box under the last post.

Click on post, then go to Latest Posts top left of page, click, scroll back down the page and there it is. Keep checking for Latest Posts the same way, but don't hit the refresh button or it will duplicate it.

Hope that helps.

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Nelson Azambuja
Nelson Azambuja
quotePosted at 02:40 on 23rd July 2011

All right, Ron. It helped me a lot! Things are becoming clearer to me. Would you mind to tell me exactly what you mean by "quote"; my concern is with the English language.

I will write again, because my last message was concerned with the other people who welcomed me first.

Thanks a lot.

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 08:43 on 23rd July 2011

Hi Nelson. If you 'quote' something or somebody it means that you are now saying what somebody else has already 'said' or 'written'.

When you clicked on 'Quote' in your post it copied or 'quoted' what you had already written in your post so if you want to refer back to what somebody has already said/written in the thread you click on 'quote'.

Come back again if it's still not clear Nelson.

Nelson Azambuja
Nelson Azambuja
quotePosted at 15:36 on 23rd July 2011

Hello Ron.

Just perfect! Thanks again and have a good weekend!

Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 18:08 on 23rd July 2011
On 23rd July 2011 15:36, Nelson Azambuja wrote:

Hello Ron.

Just perfect! Thanks again and have a good weekend!

I have just quoted you, Nelson. And this is how it appears in the thread.

Welcome to POE.  I read with great interest your introduction, and enjoyed all of it. You definitely didn't take up too much time or space. We love learning about our friends here, and now you have joined us, you are truly a friend.

Enjoy this wonderful site.  

quote | editPosted at 02:51 on 24th July 2011

Dear new friends James, Cathyml, Vince, Dave and Sue:

This is the post I intended to send a couple of days ago and didn't get to do. Ron has helped me with that. Through it I just wanted to thank you all very much for the warm welcome. It's very good to be back to England, this fantastic Country, through all of you. With your help I hope to be acquainted with your language very soon, in order to be able to easily understand all Jame's slang. Again, if I can be of any help for you, here from Brazil, don't hesitate. Thanks again.

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 08:57 on 24th July 2011

Hi Nelson. So your next question is going to be.....where has my avatar gone? (the little picture of you to the left).

Well, I can tell you that it is because it took you more than an hour to write, or perhaps you went for dinner or something, came back to finish off and then Post to the family.

The system 'times out' at an hour so if you want to see your avatar post before the hour is up.

If you look at some of Shirley's posts, they take three days to write so no avatar. Lol ....only joking Shirley keep em coming!

Nelson Azambuja
Nelson Azambuja
quotePosted at 15:59 on 24th July 2011

Hi Ron:

Actually you are reading my mind! I was wondering about the stupid thing I could have done to make my avatar go away. That's exactly what happened: I had to interrupt to leave for a while. Just to be sure: is there anything I can do to amend the problem?

Thank you again.

cathyml
cathyml
quotePosted at 19:34 on 24th July 2011
Don't worry about it Nelson, we all know it was posted by you!  I am sure you will soon get used to the way things work in the forums and hope to see you joining in on other "Post"/" Threads".
James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 19:35 on 24th July 2011
yes come on nelson i am sure you will enjoy it.Wink