Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Picture of Caldugate in Carlisle during the flood of Jan 2005

Carlisle

in the county of Cumbria

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Nelson From Brazil

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**
1 2 3 4 Next >

Nelson Azambuja
Nelson Azambuja
quotePosted at 17:27 on 21st July 2011

Dear new friends:

First of all I would like to ask for your understanding as I am a foreign person coming from Brazil and do not completely dominate the English language.

My name is Nelson Azambuja and I am 67 years old. Now, after having retired, I am living at Gramado, a small town in the State of Rio Grande do Sul, the southernmost state in Brazil. I was born in Porto Alegre, the capital of the state, in 1944. In December 1976 my family and I moved from Porto Alegre to Florianópolis, the capital of Santa Catarina, the neighbouring state to the North.

I am a retired Civil Engineer, with an incomplete PhD in "Water Resources Planning and Mangement" at Colorado State University, USA, but what I do now is just using the time to do things I really enjoy to do, as reading, writing, listening music and so forth.

My family and I love England and, in fact, Great Britain. In 1972, as part of the training in my job, I spent six months with my wife and only daughter Cláudia (at that time) in London, travelling all over Great Britain, visiting all British River Authorities. After retiring, with more available time to write, I dared to post something about Robin Hood and right now I am dedicated to write about King Arthur, and that's the reason how I came across the site "Pictures of England". In fact, I am just finishing the story which took me more than a year of research.

I love music, photography, history and writing (which I am learning now), mainly about music and history. My wife Selene and I have three children: Cláudia (41), Michele (37) and Nelson Jr. (32). Cláudia with her daughter, Letícia, and Nelson Jr. live in Florianópolis, and Michele lives in Sydney (Australia) with her husband Paul and four children Luca, Sofia, Giovani and Alec.

As an introduction I think I have used too much of your time. Thanks for your time and I hope to hear from you soon. I am very happy to be here with you.

Kind regards, Nelson

Edited by: Nelson Azambuja at:21st July 2011 18:12
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 18:13 on 21st July 2011
welcome nelson hope you enjoy the site
cathyml
cathyml
quotePosted at 20:47 on 21st July 2011
Hi Nelson, a very warm welcome to POE (Pictures of England).  I am sure you will enjoy the wealth of information and photos on this site. 
Vince Hawthorn
Vince Hawthorn
quotePosted at 20:54 on 21st July 2011
Hello Nelson and welcome to POE, enjoy all the great photographs of Great Britain on show here and join in the forums here- fun and games and a wealth of information ! All the Best.
James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 20:56 on 21st July 2011
i wonder if he has some spare nuts vince?
Vince Hawthorn
Vince Hawthorn
quotePosted at 21:00 on 21st July 2011
Full of wit again James! At least Nelson can get a taste of what to expect here.
Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 21:25 on 21st July 2011
Hi Nelson hope you have an enjoyable stay with us. Plenty of fun in the forums ans you can see from James's little contribution and thousands of photos of this country. we are a happy band and all are welcome. look forward to you joining in
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 09:40 on 22nd July 2011
Welcome to POE from Anna and Ron, Nelson. Looks like you forgot to 'post' something in the thread above, why not try again?
Nelson Azambuja
Nelson Azambuja
quotePosted at 15:57 on 22nd July 2011

Dear Ron and Anna:

Thank you for your welcome. Taking the opportunity I would like to put two questions, if you do not mind. First, I really tried to post something but as I see, I did not succeed; how did you know I tried? Is it possible to get again what I had already written or I'll have to re-write it? Second, inadvertedly I clicked the linck "quote" and I don't know what the result was; could it be my same text in the gray/blue box? Could it be deleted? What does the "quote" serve for?

Thank you very much for your help.

James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 16:03 on 22nd July 2011
try ron a bit later on nelson best time early evening.Smile
1 2 3 4 Next >