Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Mayfield

Mayfield

in the county of East Sussex

Entrance to market area and view of Corn Exchange, Doncaster, South Yorkshire

Doncaster

in the county of South Yorkshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Singaporean visiting UK

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Elizabeth Goh
Elizabeth Goh
quotePosted at 14:11 on 27th August 2013

Hello UK! 

I am Elizabeth from Singapore and am so happy to have stumbled upon this website.  It is brilliant!  I am visiting from 26 September onwards for a whole month starting with Scotland the first week and then England.  I need some advice please on what I absolutely must do to soak in the real England.  For a start, there goes my diet!

Can't wait! 

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Elizabeth Goh
Elizabeth Goh
quotePosted at 14:26 on 27th August 2013
I have 14 views but I cannot see the comments.  Why is that?

Edited by: Elizabeth Goh at:27th August 2013 14:30
Neil Rodgers
Neil Rodgers
quotePosted at 14:58 on 27th August 2013

Hi Elizabeth

Welcome to the P.O.E site  members can view your post but may choose not to comment that way the viewing numbers usually outnumber the comments.

Hope that helps 

Elizabeth Goh
Elizabeth Goh
quotePosted at 15:03 on 27th August 2013

Hi Neil, thank you for the info. Kind regards, 

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 15:06 on 27th August 2013

Hi Elizabeth and welcome to POE from Anna and Ron.

The reason you have views, but no comments is because some visitors (of the 66 million plus that POE gets annually) choose to read what you have to say, without actually making a comment. I suppose you could say they are being nosey! lol

You will see that the regular members of the POE forum will welcome you with open arms. Yes POE is a 'brilliant site' and you will no doubt be told that you will soon be hooked on it!

Anyway, enjoy looking around the best site on the net bar none and chatting with the members (when they find you) lol

Elizabeth Goh
Elizabeth Goh
quotePosted at 15:16 on 27th August 2013
Thank you Anna and Ron!
MikeT
MikeT
quotePosted at 15:19 on 27th August 2013
Hi Elizabeth, welcome to POE, there are so many lovely places to visit in Scotland & in England, if you just browse this great site, you will get a good idea of the places & attractions you may want to see, I do hope you enjoy your visit
rustyruth
rustyruth
quotePosted at 18:56 on 27th August 2013

Hi Elizabeth and welcome to POE, I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time here. Browsing POE will give you loads of ideas of things to do and places to visit.

Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 19:07 on 27th August 2013
Welcome to this site Elizabeth, probably the best site available for this country and everything to do with it. Literraly 1000's of photos for you to look at which will help, or more likely make more difficultUndecided, you to pan your trip. Feel free to ask any of us for help or ideas, you will find a very happy bunch and only too willing to be of assistance if required. f you get the time jouin in afew of the forums where we enjoy a bit of fun
Vince Hawthorn
Vince Hawthorn
quotePosted at 22:07 on 27th August 2013

Greetings Elizabeth, welcome to POE and the gateway to Britain, you can get such an idea of what is available to see here. I see that you plan to start your trip in Scotland and then work South, judging by that plan you will obviously save the best for last by the time you get to Cornwall ( the Cornish folk call it Kernow). When in Cornwall you will have to have a cream tea but mostly a proper Cornish Pasty- it does have regional protection so taste the real thing.

But most of all have a good time next month but in the meantime have a wonderful time on POE and capture the flavour of all the regions of our island.