Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

A picture of Kynance Cove

Kynance Cove in the county of Cornwall

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Apparently 43% think the recession is coming to an end!

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 11:51 on 30th August 2009

This means that 57% of us think that we are NOT coming out of this recession yet? The way that it is presented by the press/television could well see some with a raised glasses or shouts of glee, but for the majority (probably 57%) it means continuing despair! Why don't they tell it like it is, why twist the facts? What about you the members, do you think we are coming out of recession yet?

I for one, certainly do not think that this recession is anywhere near over!

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
chili5
chili5
quotePosted at 19:16 on 7th September 2009

Isn't it a bit early to tell?

Of course, I'm not really sure. What has been done to bring us out of the recession? I don't follow these kind of things really much.

Of course, nobody is going to tell us the real news. The government wouldn't want us to know if something is really bad. So they make it seem less bad then it really is.

Stuart Ackland
Stuart Ackland
quotePosted at 20:35 on 7th September 2009
Hard to tell if it's over or not, but heaven save me from the so-called "experts" who comment on these things. What worries me is that the people who got us into this mess seem to be returning to "business as usual" with huge bonuses etc. I had hoped that some good would come of the recession and people would start to realise that there is more to life than making money and that there would be a re-appraisal of our values and priorities. I guess I'm just a dreamer - after 59 years on this planet you'd think I would know better.
Krissy
Krissy
quotePosted at 20:37 on 7th September 2009

I think people are just getting use to being in a recession. Once the fear is gone then it seems to be "over".

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 20:58 on 7th September 2009
Hi Stuart and Krissy.....and I believe you are both absolutely spot on with your comments!
Debbie Adams
Debbie Adams
quotePosted at 21:09 on 7th September 2009
I agree with Krissy i do think we have just gotten use to the fact we are here,, I have noticed here that the housing Market has gotten better and more sales so who knows..
Peter Evans
Peter Evans
quotePosted at 21:33 on 7th September 2009
Recession? What recession? According to the powers that be, it is over. I just wish they would tell my bank manager that. Personal,ly I think it will be quite a while yet,at least a couple of years, before we can safely say "Yeah, it's over".
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 21:35 on 7th September 2009
Who said that? I'll have to delve into the database to put this one right, so hang on in there dear friends. I agree anyway.
Peter Evans
Peter Evans
quotePosted at 21:36 on 7th September 2009
Hey, I'm an oldy. Joined the first of Jan 1970. And my avatar has gone too. Oh boy I can say things to stir up the Gov and they wont know its me. Lol
Peter Evans
Peter Evans
quotePosted at 21:38 on 7th September 2009
Oh no I cant. I'm back. Oops.