Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Movies you hate

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
quotePosted at 21:05 on 17th January 2010

Oops!!  LOL!  You're a great speller, Chris, and if you can sit thru that film, you have a much longer attention span than I.  Kiss

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
quotePosted at 21:08 on 17th January 2010
Any  horror movie!! I love paranormal stuff...a lot...but horror movies like Halloween or Friday the 13th I stronly dislike. Blood and guts and suffering are not entertaining to me!

I agree with you 100%, Krissy.  I watch movies to be entertained.  There's enough blood and guts on the real reality show - the news.  (That's so sad, isn't it?)

Edited by: Ruth Gregory at:17th January 2010 21:20
SarahPremier Member - Click for more info
Sarah
quotePosted at 21:11 on 17th January 2010
On 17th January 2010 21:05, Ruth Gregory wrote:

if you can sit thru that film, you have a much longer attention span than I.  Kiss

See!! its not just me Chris! Laughing
Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
quotePosted at 21:21 on 17th January 2010

LOL @ Sarah!  Great minds, Sarah!

Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 23:59 on 17th January 2010

Amedeus.  

Such who haa over that movie when it came out. Even got an Oscar or at least a nod, watched it and thought it was awful.

Stephanie Jackson
Stephanie Jackson
quotePosted at 06:47 on 18th January 2010

I hate horror movies too Krissy (but I loved Twilight! Laughing)

I wasn't keen on Star Wars years ago Ron either - I used to hate Sci Fi but after living with 4 males who love Sci Fi I am now a convert - except to anything like Alien which I hate!

I don't like any film with Robin Williams in it! Was particularly disappointed with Dead Poets Society. Like Sue I am very often disappointed when i watch films with lots of awards.

I also have to switch off if films are about children or animals dying - or teddy bears being hurt! I am a real wimp!!!

Like Sarah and Ruth if I can sit through a film from beginiing to end I know it's good (I tend to fall asleep!)

Edited by: Stephanie Jackson at:18th January 2010 06:48
Patrick Van Calck
Patrick Van Calck
quotePosted at 07:32 on 18th January 2010

'The cook, his wife, her lover' or something. Ghastly movie !. Luckily lesser known movie.

And indeed every horror movie unless they're very old. Those are mostly hilarious

Diana Sinclair
Diana Sinclair
quotePosted at 18:33 on 18th January 2010

I am with most all of you who dislike "slasher or screamer" movies as I call them. I simply don't see what some people find so entertaining about chain saws, axes, blood, and guts.

I prefer supernatural movies that use the psychology of fear to scare you like "The Others" with Nicole Kidman.

James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 19:16 on 18th January 2010
i dont like weepies or love stories i would sooner have a western or a bogart/raft/cagney i didnt mind the godfather trilogy i watch that now and again anyway what about the musical favorites.
Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
quotePosted at 21:18 on 18th January 2010
On 18th January 2010 06:47, Stephanie Jackson wrote:

I hate horror movies too Krissy (but I loved Twilight! Laughing)

I wasn't keen on Star Wars years ago Ron either - I used to hate Sci Fi but after living with 4 males who love Sci Fi I am now a convert - except to anything like Alien which I hate!

I don't like any film with Robin Williams in it! Was particularly disappointed with Dead Poets Society. Like Sue I am very often disappointed when i watch films with lots of awards.

I also have to switch off if films are about children or animals dying - or teddy bears being hurt! I am a real wimp!!!

Like Sarah and Ruth if I can sit through a film from beginiing to end I know it's good (I tend to fall asleep!)

I'm not crazy about Robin Williams either, Stephanie.  But he was hysterical in The Birdcage, and brilliant in Good Will Hunting.

George, this is the movies you hate thread, so maybe start a new thread for Favorite Musicals.  I'd do it, but I'd probably misspell "Favourite."  Wink