Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

City Markets, Vicar Lane

Leeds in the county of West Yorkshire

Torcross and beach view

Torcross in the county of Devon

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

"Top of the Day" from Sunny Newnan, Georgia USA

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

trvljet
trvljet
quotePosted at 12:47 on 14th August 2010

Hello everyone, I am new to POE and wanted to introduce myself. I am retired from 34 years with Delta Air Lines and live just south of Atlanta, Georgia. whiler serving with the United States Air Force, I was stationed at RAF Chicksands, Bedfordshire from Aug 1964-Aug 1967. I married a Geordie from Wallsend in 1966 and fell in love with England. I have many friends through out England. Both from a relative standpoint and the many friends and business associates I made while attending to business in England with Delta Air Lines.

I am just an amateur photographer but love gadgets and cameras. I never leave home without at least a pocket camera on my person. I am looking forward to meeting many people on POE that share the same interest and love of the English countryside and people.

I love telling stories and sharing with others. I am a Southern Gentleman and am not shy or bashful and will always respond to emails or post. My other passion is my 6 grandchildren.  Thank you POE.. Don aka "Trvljet"

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
cathyml
cathyml
quotePosted at 13:03 on 14th August 2010

Hi Don, a very warm welcome to POE, I'm glad you found us and hope you will take advantage of all that POE has to offer. 

Do join in the forums whenever you are able, they are lots of fun. 

And of course browse through the thousands of wonderful photographs.  Enjoy!Smile

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 13:24 on 14th August 2010

Welcome to POE from Anna and Ron, Don.

Don, I can see you are going to fit in very well here, on this family friendly website that will take you a great deal of time to peruse. There are something in excess of 130,000 pages behind the front page! Good luck, square bums and all that! Lol

trvljet
trvljet
quotePosted at 14:45 on 14th August 2010
To Ron Brind and the Mrs....as well as Cathyml... Thank you very much for the warm welcome. I can assure you I will be joining in the forums. I love forums and have been a moderator and contributor to several forums here in the US.... trvljet
James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 15:23 on 14th August 2010
welcome don to a very friendly site come in and enjoy it.
trvljet
trvljet
quotePosted at 15:27 on 14th August 2010
Thank you James... I am trying to post a walking tour of Tynenmouth, Northumberland but having problems with entering the town. Once I get it worked out I hope to make contributions to the site...
cathyml
cathyml
quotePosted at 15:36 on 14th August 2010
Don it might be because it is spelt Tynemouth, under Tyne & Wear, hope this helps and looking forward to seeing themSmile
trvljet
trvljet
quotePosted at 16:16 on 14th August 2010
Thank you Cathy... I will try that..... trvljet
Paul HiltonPremier Member - Click for more info
Paul Hilton
quotePosted at 16:58 on 14th August 2010

Welcome Don and hope you enjoy your time on Poe. People interested in the goings-on at Bletchley Park in WW2 may well be familiar with RAF Chicksands and also in the Cold War era when the USAF were there as you pointed out.  The link below will bring up a map of the area but clicking on the Aerial menu link gives a view of your former base.

http://www.multimap.com/maps/#map=52.04428,-0.38910|15|4&dp=os&loc=GB:52.04428:-0.38910:15

trvljet
trvljet
quotePosted at 18:10 on 14th August 2010
Thank you Paul. I loved my tour of duty at RAF Chicksands and loved the people of the surrounding towns. I lived in Bedford for a short time after getting married and then moved to Stevenage, Hertfordshire for my last year in the Air Force before returning to the United States... trvljet
 Please login to post to this thread...