Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Rufford Old Hall, Lancashire

Rufford

in the county of Lancashire

Astley Hall, Astley Park, Chorley, Lancashire

Chorley

in the county of Lancashire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Your favourite places in England.

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Rob Faleer
Rob Faleer
quotePosted at 13:18 on 15th September 2009

Ron:  A green card is a legal residence document for foreign nationals living in the United States. The first time a foreign national receives a green card (an arduous process!), it is good for a two-year probationary period. Upon successful renewal of the card by the holder, the green card is then extended to a ten-year period. My daughter-in-law is a Venezuelan citizen and currently holds a ten-year green card here (she had a work visa for several years before she achieved "permanent" legal residence). Since she is married to my son, an American citizen, and their new daughter is also an American citizen, she is working toward becoming a citizen here as well. A very simple explanation for a very complex process.

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 13:58 on 15th September 2009
Thanks for that Rob, I suppose we must have a similar procedure to go through if we were to want to leave the UK? Might have to re-think my offer to the girls.............don't wan't them here in our beautiful England permanently do we? Lol
Jen Strath
Jen Strath
quotePosted at 14:20 on 15th September 2009
On 15th September 2009 13:58, Ron Brind wrote:
Thanks for that Rob, I suppose we must have a similar procedure to go through if we were to want to leave the UK? Might have to re-think my offer to the girls.............don't wan't them here in our beautiful England permanently do we? Lol
And here I am working my husband's fingers to the bone so we can buy a house in England...Hmmpf!!
Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
quotePosted at 03:41 on 16th September 2009

LOL, Jen!

Ron, don't worry.  If I ever move there, I'll live in Redruth, OK?  Wink

Now will you get me a green card, please, please??  I'm feeling very homesick for England.  Cry

Rob Faleer
Rob Faleer
quotePosted at 13:51 on 16th September 2009

Ron--Now that you've withdrawn your green card offer to "the girls," they might just band together to come "gunning" for you ala Quentin Tarantino (cue frenetic music)! Remember, I know a nice priest-hole in the Lake District where you could hide out if it comes to that . . .
Peggy Cannell
Peggy Cannell
quotePosted at 13:59 on 16th September 2009

Ruth, have you ever been to The Lake District, so beautifull, peace and tranquility, glorious colours with the changing seasons.

I love the Norfolk Broads, I alwayys like to visit places with lakes. broads, ponds etc, I quess that is due to always living by the sea.

Patrick Van Calck
Patrick Van Calck
quotePosted at 07:44 on 18th September 2009
On 16th September 2009 13:59, Peggy Cannell wrote:

Ruth, have you ever been to The Lake District, so beautifull, peace and tranquility, glorious colours with the changing seasons.

I love the Norfolk Broads, I alwayys like to visit places with lakes. broads, ponds etc, I quess that is due to always living by the sea.

This year I finaly convinced my wife to visit England. Luckily the weather helped a bit to make it a great holliday so I guess I can convince her a second time. to make sure she liked the country I planned a tour around Dartmoor, Wells, torquay (she likes the sea) and bath.

Next Time I hope to see the lake district. I've recently seen coast to coast (well only the last part unfortunately) so I tried to buy the dvd-box but it wasn't available anymore. If somebody could help me. Would be smashing ! I think I can convince her more easely with Wainwright's walk from the lake district to the other side.

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 08:09 on 18th September 2009
On 15th September 2009 14:20, Jen Strath wrote:
And here I am working my husband's fingers to the bone so we can buy a house in England...Hmmpf!!
I can supply a pair of steel gloves Ruth! Lol
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 08:14 on 18th September 2009
On 16th September 2009 03:41, Ruth Gregory wrote:

LOL, Jen!

Ron, don't worry.  If I ever move there, I'll live in Redruth, OK?  Wink

Now will you get me a green card, please, please??  I'm feeling very homesick for England.  Cry

Ah! Fortunately (he, he) Ruth they have filled all the plots so there are no more house's to be built and I also heard that they were going to turn the whole area into a childrens play garden! So lots of kids and you wouldn't like that would you? Lol
Stephanie Jackson
Stephanie Jackson
quotePosted at 08:16 on 18th September 2009
Have you tries the bbc shop Partick? They have Julia Bradbury's Wainwright Coast to Coast walk DVD. Nice to see you again!