'; ?>
Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

The white cliffs of Dover, Kent, Dover harbour, and on top of the hill, the coastguard station.

Dover

a Seaside Town in the county of Kent

Severndroog Castle, Eltham

Eltham

in the county of Greater London

Canterbury Museum

Canterbury

a Historic City in the county of Kent

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Your favourite places in England.

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 08:17 on 18th September 2009
On 16th September 2009 13:51, Rob Faleer wrote:
On 15th September 2009 13:58, Ron Brind wrote:
Thanks for that Rob, I suppose we must have a similar procedure to go through if we were to want to leave the UK? Might have to re-think my offer to the girls.............don't wan't them here in our beautiful England permanently do we? Lol

Ron--Now that you've withdrawn your green card offer to "the girls," they might just band together to come "gunning" for you ala Quentin Tarantino (cue frenetic music)! Remember, I know a nice priest-hole in the Lake District where you could hide out if it comes to that . . .

Yeah, that's funny Rob, I can just imagine the scene, the music, the smoke from the guns and three wild, wild women after me! Phoarrrh!! Lol

By the way could you let me have the 'exact' location of that Priest-hole please?

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
lancashirelove
lancashirelove
quotePosted at 08:35 on 18th September 2009
welcome back Patrick, Wainwright, born in my birthtown of Blackburn lancs was a regular visitor to the lake district, about an hours drive away. he produced a number of books illustrating in fine detail his many walks in the lake district, a paradise for walkers, climbers and lovers of nature. DO NOT forget your camera if you visit here. good luck in locating film of coast to coast, but there are many books and films about this beautiful area. (Watch out for Ron though! lol we havnt seen a Yeti yet!)
Rob Faleer
Rob Faleer
quotePosted at 11:51 on 18th September 2009
On 18th September 2009 08:17, Ron Brind wrote:
On 16th September 2009 13:51, Rob Faleer wrote:
On 15th September 2009 13:58, Ron Brind wrote:
Thanks for that Rob, I suppose we must have a similar procedure to go through if we were to want to leave the UK? Might have to re-think my offer to the girls.............don't wan't them here in our beautiful England permanently do we? Lol

Ron--Now that you've withdrawn your green card offer to "the girls," they might just band together to come "gunning" for you ala Quentin Tarantino (cue frenetic music)! Remember, I know a nice priest-hole in the Lake District where you could hide out if it comes to that . . .

Yeah, that's funny Rob, I can just imagine the scene, the music, the smoke from the guns and three wild, wild women after me! Phoarrrh!! Lol

By the way could you let me have the 'exact' location of that Priest-hole please?

Okay Ron, I'll send you the secret location of the priest-hole via registered Jesuit courier (delivered, of course, in the dead of night) only on the condition that you buy me a pint next time I'm passing through Oxford--the Royal Blenheim works for me, or any pub of your choice as long as it serves real ale! Wink
Judy Carol
Judy Carol
quotePosted at 13:54 on 18th September 2009

Patrick and Stephanie - you can purchase the Wainwright Coast to Coast DVD on EBAY. It runs from 27 dollars to 33 dollars, but is well worth it as you can't seem to find it anywhere else. Good luck.

Judy

Patrick Van Calck
Patrick Van Calck
quotePosted at 14:19 on 18th September 2009
On 18th September 2009 13:54, Judy Carol wrote:

Patrick and Stephanie - you can purchase the Wainwright Coast to Coast DVD on EBAY. It runs from 27 dollars to 33 dollars, but is well worth it as you can't seem to find it anywhere else. Good luck.

Judy

Many thanks
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 09:31 on 25th September 2009

The power of POE yet again! Thanks Judy for the information to Patrick.

Michael also writes above>>>(Watch out for Ron though! Lol we haven't seen a Yeti yet!)

Did I ever tell you about the Oxford Yeti Tours? A hair raising tour (can't be me can it?) throughout the Oxford wildback! Lol

Elaine Whitby
Elaine Whitby
quotePosted at 18:10 on 5th January 2010

My favourite place,

Is the Lakes, used to live not far from there, still go back every year with a photo friends, its a place you never get fed up with,

Saw Wainwright on Tv not so long ago walking around the Lakes and giving information about it 

also to equal that will be my home town of Derbyshire, love the Peaks the Hills everything about it, so much to offer, been here all my life except for 20 years and still not bored  

Evey Pinkham
Evey Pinkham
quotePosted at 23:00 on 5th January 2010
On 21st November 2007 05:24, Lawrence Davis wrote:

England, I miss you. Cry

I must add a comment here.  I am not Australian, I am an American who truly believes i was born in the wrong place.  I do love the US, don't get me wrong.  But I have had such a strong pull to the UK since i was a little girl, it's a bit otherworldly.

My favorite place is the same as yours ... Yorkshire, and York in particular.  Many years ago, my pen pal had mapped out a long holiday for us.  But when we got to York and the Minster - not to mention Haworth's moors - i said, "This is where we stop."  It just took my breath away.  

Of course, London for it's excitement, the Lakes and Dales for their natural beauty, and the Cotswolds for it's heartwarming architecture are not bad either!

Urmimala Singh
Urmimala Singh
quotePosted at 04:42 on 6th January 2010

Same here Evey.I also have some peculiar "pull" for England ever since I was a child.I think my husband and son have nightmares about me ditching them in favour of England some day! I think even God took pity on me and the first country I got a chance to visit outside India was England!

As it was not strictly a holiday (my husband was attending a training prog. in London) we did not get to see much outside London.We took a few day trips outside London during the weekends.I loved London and also liked Oxford,Bath,Stratford-upon-Avon although I would like to see these places a little more in detail some day.Scotland was also hauntingly beautiful.After seeing pictures of the Lake District and Yorkshire on POE  I would like to visit these places too.

Rob Faleer
Rob Faleer
quotePosted at 20:18 on 8th January 2010

As far as smaller towns and villages are concerned, here are some of my favourites:

Shropshire:  Ludlow

Herefordshire:  Weobley, Ledbury

Essex:  Saffron Walden

West Sussex:  Arundel, Amberley

Somerset:  Dunster, Wells

Gloucestershire:  Tewkesbury

Dorset: Sherborne

North Yorkshire:  Helmsley

Wiltshire:  Marlborough