Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

All Saints Church, Gainsborough

Gainsborough

in the county of Lincolnshire

Southerndown Beach, Vale Of Glamorgan. August 2004

Southerndown

in the county of Glamorgan

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Your favourite places in England.

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Jen Strath
Jen Strath
quotePosted at 22:49 on 8th January 2010
Rob I', a fan of Ludlow too...absolutely wonderful place....I could move there and be happy:-)
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 08:55 on 9th January 2010
Nice to hear from you again jen. How are things in your neck of the woods right now?
Jen Strath
Jen Strath
quotePosted at 13:12 on 9th January 2010
Hey Ron....it's the exact opposite of England here...darn hot!! 38C here Saturday....33C forecast for Sunday and 41C Monday....not nice at all! I could do with some snow to cool me down:-)
Rob Faleer
Rob Faleer
quotePosted at 14:35 on 9th January 2010
On 8th January 2010 22:49, Jen Strath wrote:
Rob I', a fan of Ludlow too...absolutely wonderful place....I could move there and be happy:-)

Hello Jen:

Ludlow is incredible, particularly the parish church of St. Laurence, which some visitors overlook since the spectacular castle ruins are a primary destination. I never go to Ludlow without a trip to De Grey's for tea or a good meal--here is their official website: http://www.degreys.co.uk/tea-rooms.htm.

The Feathers hotel in Ludlow is also worth a visit for a meal or accommodation: http://www.feathersatludlow.co.uk/index.htm.

Jen Strath
Jen Strath
quotePosted at 21:21 on 9th January 2010

St Laurence's is beautiful!!!! The food at De Gray's is lovely but the service can be a bit haphazzard....especially when you're eating alone;-)

I love the market and The Reader's House which I understand is being conserved by an archaeologist and their family:-)

James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 20:17 on 11th January 2010

one of my favorite places is north yorkshire i go there a lot in the summer even for a day out there is some lovely scenery skipton,guisburn all round that area. 

Ian Broadbent
Ian Broadbent
quotePosted at 13:35 on 12th June 2010

The dark peak in derbyshire,with its moody peat hags,and stunning rock formation.

Been there in snow rain,the lot 

JauntyJane
JauntyJane
quotePosted at 10:13 on 13th June 2010
My favourite part of the country is the Yorkshire Dales.  Less touristy than the Peak District and the Lake District and yet equally as beautiful in my opinion - as yet, still very unspoilt.
Barry Lee
Barry Lee
quotePosted at 20:29 on 20th August 2010
For me its Black Rock on the hills above Matlock Bath. I go there every year, have been doing so since I was about 20. You can scatter my ashes there when I go, but hopefully that wont be too soon. You can walk up the hill from Cromford Mill and stop in the little shops (including one thats straight out of the "Four Candles" sketch from the Two Ronnies). Theres a great fish and chip shop, a second hand bookshop crammed full of interesting things, then at the top of the hill some lovely views over the Derbyshire hills.
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 10:46 on 5th September 2010
If you've got any pictures of the area Barry I'm sure POE members would be pleased to see them...
 Please login to post to this thread...