Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Good Day "40"

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 16:27 on 12th July 2013

Good morning!....hum... potato problems heh?...I usually buy my mine by the 50 pound sacks just at the end of summer.....and then storre them in my garage over winter. With so many holiday's they make plenty of mashed potatoes to feed everyone.

So Diana got an visit from "Peppy Le Pew"...we had some racoons visit us one time...the damage they did...they got into my fish pond and had an about $100 worth of fish dinner. An mother and her baby. Haven't put any fish out there since then.

We picked blueberries last night so am thinking I should go do something with them today.  Sandy (town) started thier Mountain Days festival..with an parade last night.  Set up an small carnival and beer garden. Probably one of the better things to go look over is the motorcycle rally stops and pays an visit. Some of those bikes are awesome to see.

I now have been in three houses that are laid out the same, and all three of the houses have the furniture in the same place with an wood stove in the middle of the room and it just tears the whole livingroom theme to smitherings in ways. To begin with the houses were to small for the people living in them. But they are really an case for "thinking out  of the box" also. I think I would build  in half the garage into an new family room and put the TV and sofa's out there and use the existing one for half an office and half an dinning room with the wood stove in the center. Then put up an small bar adjoing the kitchen area also. All three houses also had an down sloping driveway...even in dry weather it was hard for me to manuve.I don' tthink the houseing contractors were thinking very good when they built them in ways.But at any rate...I'm off and about and no news of the baby as yet for William and Kate.

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 20:28 on 12th July 2013
Good Evening to all who are hanging around---just got back at 6-15pm after a scorching week --nice to be home thoughSmilewasher on,tea over, just catching up with e-mails and posts on the site which i have missed very much.   --Smile
rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 21:07 on 12th July 2013
Nice to see you back James Smile
Diana Sinclair
Diana Sinclair
Posted at 22:49 on 12th July 2013

Rhett - A fox huh? Sure you weren't peeping in my window? 😜 Lol. Me thinks THAT ought to wind Ron up! 😎

Dino! Hope you had a grand time. Welcome back.😊 

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 23:45 on 12th July 2013

Wecome back James,,good to see you again. Neighobr is doing an olddie...painting the trim on her house to make it look like she painted the whole thing...in orange of all colors...better then an lot of colors I've seen out there.  Just re-did her driveway over also...kind of the brickish color..so it sould look well, most of the house is in yellow. Our house is yellow also, with brown trim though...and an bit of white also. So..how was  the trip?.... Borrow any fresh eggs from Ruth by any chance?..she's over there also.

James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 11:06 on 13th July 2013
Good Morning to all who are about--just caught up with a few little tasks so the day is mine--had a nice time down in Devon but you cant get good chipsSmiletook a few pics -some ok some not.-make sure you put your straw bonnet on Peggy it gets very warm down there.Smile
rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 17:51 on 13th July 2013
It's very warm down this way today James, 31 earlier this afternoon here in Cornwall. I've had to finally give in and buy a hat, hats and me do not go well together, I look a right idiot Smile
James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 18:20 on 13th July 2013
Good Evening folks -its still hot up here but hey-this is what we have waited for -for ages lets enjoy it.-----------lets see you in your hat Ruth.Wink
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 20:31 on 13th July 2013

Ruth in a hat, a red hat maybe? lol

Where did you get that hat, where did you get that hat? Isn't it a.............oh crikey, forgot where I was for a minute! lol

Put them back on Ruth.....and welcome back to the real world James.

James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 20:33 on 13th July 2013
Thank you Ronald --you ok ??Smile