Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Haile Sand Fort, mouth for the River Humber off Humberston, Cleethorpes

Humberston

in the county of Lincolnshire

Hest Bank, Lancashire

Hest Bank

in the county of Lancashire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Good Day "54"

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 16:17 on 18th May 2014
All ok this afternoon??Smile
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 16:32 on 18th May 2014
Fine here James, we went for a walk but it was a bit warm, we should have gone later Smile
Pat Trout
Pat Trout
Posted at 18:27 on 18th May 2014

Good evening,

We went for a good walk today, although it was hot there was a nice breeze, had to walk past a bull though, which was scarey as i had a red top on, luckily he never stirred, 

rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 18:36 on 18th May 2014
Good evening Pat. I think you'd have been safe, bulls can't distinguish between red and green, it's the movement they go for, so as long as you weren't doing a Usain Bolt you should be OK Smile Still probably better you have a wall or gate separating you.
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 18:45 on 18th May 2014

Weather will be clearing up here today and then an week of decent weather...about right for this time of the year. Of my transplants I have one small tomato plant that hasn't bounded out of it yet...rest are perky looking this morning. Two weeks ago my sister was taking an test they gave her for not being able to sleep...but when she was here, she slept basically for 14 hours..getting up briefly two times for going to the bathroom....my grandson that came in last night at midnight...we had an time and an half getting him to get up at 10 am...he seemed an bit "out of it" also. No one seems to be having problems here sleeping but then again, when we are awake...we are doing things. 

Yesterday I bought an Jewish Cookbook...to add to all the other countries I have in cookbooks. This one tells more about what's traditional to eat also. Namely beef, lamb, chicken and fish with scales...removed for cooking. To me the things that might not be allowed such as Ham has so radically changed since biblical days.Particuarly after it's been processed...guess they still get roast Red Peppers for their ham. 

I bought another book also on Lewis and Clark and Thomas Jefferson in opening up the American West. I also have their journals in an book also. Far differnent then this book.  These books claiming to be an New York Times Bestseller are the most radical books I've ran across to when it comes to history telling. For instance there's 9 pages related to the subject of veneral disease amoung the men and treatments. He mentiones one Indian I've never heard of before also But he does offer an full bibilography on everthing written....which is usually an opinion by someone before he rewrote it in story form. I was last night looking both books over somewhat. I think it was in Untold America" TV Series that they mentioned that in North Carolina Sassafras grew wild and was going to be used to import back into Europe for Syphillis..it was running pretty rampant at one time. But has always been an social problem of society. That includes the modern times as much as the ancient past.

Well, I have an washing machine to pick out and get installed this week and an driver's Liscense renewal...and odds and ends in the garden and then I'm going to try to take out the stairway carpeting and paint the entry way. So talk to everyone later on.

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 03:06 on 19th May 2014

Ah HA!....got the washing machine, it's installed and running now...I

am on an roll around this house of mine in improvements!  Almost

$200 off with discounts...you know they have Veteran discounts at

many of the stores now...it really helps.  

James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 09:01 on 19th May 2014
Good Morning to all who are up and about.--enjoy the day.Smile
rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 12:47 on 19th May 2014
Good afternoon everyone, another warm sunny one, but will it last Smile
Richard Sellers
Richard Sellers
Posted at 17:36 on 19th May 2014

A pleasant Good Evening to you all, We are finally seeing the leaves on the trees start to pop out and the crabapples are just starting to show their flowers.

I hope this finds us all "Ship shape and Bristol fashion" 

rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 17:48 on 19th May 2014
Good evening Richard, nice to see that you are seeing signs of spring at last Smile