'; ?>
Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

End of Ramsgate Harbour Pier

Ramsgate

a Seaside Town in the county of Kent

The Town Hall, Corporation Street, St.Helens.

St Helens

in the county of Merseyside

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Good Day "54"

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 46 Next >

rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 19:22 on 7th May 2014

I promised James before he went away that I'd create a new thread when we got to 50 pages, so here it is, hope all is well in Spain James Smile

Ron could you lock Good Day 53 please Smile 

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 19:26 on 7th May 2014
John, I was asking on the end of the old thread how your wrist is Smile
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 20:04 on 7th May 2014

Thanks guys n gals for keeping POE safe and yes you were correct about the trade thread, not acceptable unless they want to pay for it of course.

I've been busy on my own site all day today to get a 'Pest Library' up and running. It's been quite a task but almost sorted. Have a look at and comment if you wish. See http://www.pestcontrol-supermarket.com where it can be accessed on the far right tab at the top.

Thanks again for keeping POE safe and sorry I wasn't a bit quicker with it today.

Edited by: Ron Brind at:7th May 2014 20:06
rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 20:19 on 7th May 2014

Evening Ron, looks like you've been very busy today, nice work, great to see a photo there too by one of our regular members Smile

I knew that trade thread was wrong as soon as it went up, I virtually watched it appear and my first thought was that it needed to go. Not that any of good folks here would even thought of following the link Smile 

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 21:29 on 7th May 2014

Yeah, there are several photo's on the site from POE members actually Ruth, but they need to be better quality. No, the quality is okay, I just need to get the image downloaded to my site so that it looks better.

Normally I would have seen the thread earlier, but hey ho! lol

Thanks Ruth and John, appreciate your input greatly.

Vince Hawthorn
Vince Hawthorn
Posted at 22:35 on 7th May 2014

Hi Folks , looks like I missed something today with a dodgy thread.

Good to see you Ron, never a dull moment for you it seems with things on the go but trust the knee is well on the mend now.

Thanks all for your concerns after my head butting yesterday, been ok today ( no sense- no feeling ). Had eye test regular check today followed by trip to Hobbycraft and then the usual quick food shop on a Wednesday and then a ton of checking all the things to be done paperwork wise etc and hey ho another day off bites the dust.

Pat , I am so sorry the BP is still a cause for concern and it is a battle to get down- hope it is sorted soon. I have to go for a BP check myself soon. 

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 23:17 on 7th May 2014

That's ho wmy days are going right now, so fast if I don' t get through the first time, I move on for lack of time. I did my whole yard this morning...that equals about an 1/4 of an acre...roses with 3 in one..insectaside, fungicide, and fertlizer...the bulbs going dormant how had leaves cut off and bulb ferltlizer on them, planted some more flowers, and in gneral ferlitzed everyhthing in the yard, then wen tto the garden and scalped off an area of grass..and replanted it where we need grass, Now my arm hurts from that one, filled up the yard debris cycle dumpster, and finish off the waste dissposal dumpster...and set them all out front by in the morning..and I really can't do anything more until they are dumped. I painted some more patio furniture yesterday. I guess I need the rest so I can go and fold my clothes I washed three days ago. I'm tired in ways. I like keeping busy in doing something, but as the doctor says....when you get tired...call an halt to things for an bit.  I'm dealing with tiny little ants on my kitchen cabinets again here recently. I wish I knew where they are coming from...at one time I thought the kitchen sink drain, but I'm unsure.  This house doesn' t have your standard wall space between rooms.  So I guess I go get something for that also. Nice day, but rain comes by tomarrow night, which is why I wanted to fertilize the plants, and I'm doing "jolly scot good" on the timimg of planting between rain showers, and what not to help keep expenses down this year from having to water then in. I pu tin more solar yard lights expensive at $2.99 each. I started in on them last year...all around my pond particularly.  I look forward to someday going out there an enjoying everything. I go for now. This makes day 6 out of the last 7 or 8..of painting or yard work. People are beginning to ask why I'm not answering my phone...can't if I'm outside working..don't hear it ringing. 

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 07:50 on 8th May 2014

Wow Shirley, you sure do put in the hours well done, but take it easy!

And as for solar lights all around the place I bet that looks a picture at night?

What colour are the ants, you say they are tiny, are they almost 'see through' like very pale in colour and are they near a source of steam, such as the kettle or similar?

The sink/drain is a good stab at where they are coming from if they are Pharaoh Ants because they live on high protein diet such as faeces, sputum, blood in filthy scummy areas such as the drain. If they are Pharaoh Ants they need to be sorted out professionally and it will take a six month period of treatment to do so.

See what I write here on my www.pestcontrol-supermarket.com site, scroll down to Pharaoh Ants. http://www.pestcontrol-supermarket.com/pestdetails/index/pestid/166

rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 13:31 on 8th May 2014

Afternoon everyone, glad the head is better Vince Smile

Got a busy couple of days coming up, we've decided one of the bedrooms is in dire need of decorating. Problem is I've got 8 shelves of books to shift before we can start Frown 

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 02:19 on 9th May 2014

law up by "welches" an small village area going to Mt. Hood, and we ate lunch there, she had this place she said her and her friend go to. I had an taco salad, without the shell, and some of her french fried onion rings. Had an community pub feel to the place..but more emphasis on food..thought they sold beer...bet the patio in the summertime would be nice. She likes "wrap" sandwhiches and they specialize in making those. Then we went an little further up the road to an Bakery and she says the lady that owns and runs it lives in our area. there I had an huge piece of apple cake and coffee.

My ants are little tiny dudes, black ones...and I mean really tiny ones. About the size of the pencil lead at the end of it...if not smaller. Most the time with one swipe of an paper towel and they get cleaned off my counter. That's where I send them...to the food dumpster outside. Since I hate the idea of killing anything even that leaves me unsettled.

Poured down rain here, but next week..have three days that are in the 80's so am going back to painting my bedroom balcony if possible. Set it up for in the summer. Yes, I like my little solar lights

around my pond of which my balcony hangs over and I can slide open the fence late at night and see the water fountain...I'm thinking an table and two chairs, my rocking chair...and table BBQ...as I use to like and still do small kabobs late summer evenings. I'd like to take the small refigerator out of there and put it back into the bedroom asan night stand an plug it in if it works..it's only good for an cold beverage and not to many of those. They go well with my kabobs though...maybe an small strore bought salad. Nice view of the nighttime sky and stars also...as the sun goes down.

Busy busy..I must go..have an good day! 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 46 Next >