'; ?>
Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

St.Bedes monastery in Jarrow, Tyne And Wear

Jarrow

in the county of Tyne & Wear

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Good Day "54"

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Pat Trout
Pat Trout
Posted at 19:50 on 9th May 2014

We spent almost every sunday for the last 28 yrs walking on Dartmoor Ruth, or rather letterboxing out there, which is great fun,hope to get back into it one day,

Glad you are back safe &well James.

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 19:55 on 9th May 2014
That's a lot of Sundays Pat, it sounds like great fun, let's hope you're back to it soon Smile
Vince Hawthorn
Vince Hawthorn
Posted at 21:14 on 9th May 2014

Hope the BP heads in the right direction now Pat, if I were you I would stay off Dartmoor this weekend - apart from the awful weather promised there seems to be a huge crowd that way already this weekend - ten Tors and all that.

Ruth ,thanks for the Misty pic - what is like to live with a Devil? Hope the decorating goes well, not one of my strong points ( not got many of them anyway )

Welcome back James, sorting out the next hols yet? 

James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 21:53 on 9th May 2014
Not even thought of it Vince--a lot of work to do outside now  will start that to-morrowSmile
Vince Hawthorn
Vince Hawthorn
Posted at 22:07 on 9th May 2014
  Best of luck James, weather this way is not so good tomorrow hopeit is better your way.
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 23:05 on 9th May 2014

Weather this way is not so good today either....I've been dodging rain squalls so heavy that you can barely see down the road....one car accident with an huge truck...water running off an hillside near Boring, going down an asphalt road like an veritual surface stream, across the highway into Damascus...and down into an ravine on the other side of the highway.....Got to Damascus and it was an layer of tiny hail pellets all over the place....and it's got an hour or so before the projected "Thunderstorms" were issued for this area.  I found an car I thought my sister might have enough money to buy..we got to where it was at yesterday and it was gone. We looked at other ones enroute to taking her back to her apartment, but she just don' t have enough money saved as of yet. with an limited income of the state she says it will mosthungry she can maybe save 20 dollars an month. Providing nother else gets in her way either. Kindof how I'm going on my hubby's replacement pick truck also in ways. Before mylaw passed one of her statements to me was to save no less then $25 out of every week's pay,,,,and bank it and work at things slowly. She said that's how her hubby got his truck..and it worked out well for them. He had it maybe an year before dying though...and we need the truck before then for Scouting needs. We haul besides the boy's baggage, camp kitchens, firewood, tents...you name it. Nextweekend they go to "Scout Capades" down south of Salem.  

But anyway..I came home to water flowing into my garage and out the door, and my sidewalk out back under water even with an small drainage ditch off of it. So I was out there with my trusy How re-routing water....so now I go and cook dinner and maybe those Thunderstorms will never get here...maybe. Wishful thinking.

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 23:09 on 9th May 2014

Someone steals the word daughter in-law or sister in-law every time I type it in here...but as you can see...mid range posting they are having fun again today messing up my text. 

Sue H
Sue H
Posted at 23:36 on 9th May 2014

Your weather today is ours tomorrow, Shirley. Well, maybe not quite so bad, but you can bet we'll get some of it. 

Right now we have the usual high winds.

Pat, I would love to walk around Dartmoor. I've been there only a few times in my life, mostly when I was very, very young, and too long for me to really remember; though I do remember the ponies.  

rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 12:30 on 10th May 2014

Afternoon everyone, wet and windy here today with the odd bit of sun now and again. 

In answer to your question Vince, living with a little devil is hard work at times, but very funny  Smile He's helping with the decorating at the moment Frown

James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 13:50 on 10th May 2014
Good Afternoon--just finished a few little tasks,took a lot of photos which need a slight crop only sorry i cant post them.Smilejust been sorting some bedding plants out for planting soon so i will post them.