Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Autumn morning

Burley

in the county of Hampshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Good Day "54"

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 08:44 on 14th May 2014
Good Morning to all who are kicking about---nice day to-daySmileSmile
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 11:30 on 14th May 2014
Good morning everyone, just back from the supermarket shop. It's a beautiful day here, think I'll be heading off out for a walk this afternoon Smile
James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 15:43 on 14th May 2014
Good Afternoon to all on this nice sunny daySmile
rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 16:24 on 14th May 2014
That is difficult to believe John, she must be mad. It will be a sad day for you tomorrow Frown
Pat Trout
Pat Trout
Posted at 18:01 on 14th May 2014

Not a good day today, went to Dorchester  Market,well almost , we were there at 10am, not car parks left, plus cars going around in circles, loads of Coaches, i thnik the whole of England was there, even a coach from Scotland, so we just kept going onto Weymouth, not much better there for People, so still no bedding plants,

one good thing we sorted out a walk near Weymouth for tomorrow, if the weathers ok. 

hope you all have had a good day 

rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 18:47 on 14th May 2014
The sun comes out Pat and so do all the visitors. Hope you have a more successful day tomorrow. I've walked about 7 miles around here today, it was lovely to be out in warm sunshine.
James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 19:30 on 14th May 2014
Been in back garden most of the day planting Geraniums i cant believehow many has been planted--far too manySmile
Pat Trout
Pat Trout
Posted at 20:15 on 14th May 2014

Well done Ruth, thats about our limit now 7to8 miles, used to do 15plus,

They will look lovely James,  hope we can get some at the weekend,

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 20:46 on 14th May 2014

Well, Pat, I have an good wheel barrel of Maple Seeds, more like two of them... I raked up this morning, and gave up because it's now blowing again..I have like 6 to 8 maple seeds in my potted flowers, per pot and just as many over every inch of my back yard I'm trying to remedy here soon. After today maybe they will all be off the tree...but you can well understand why we took our above ground swimming pool down...it was an hassel to try to keep clean...this consumes an lot of time. I was talking to my nieghbor as she has pine tree needles doing this to her...I figure some can be caught by the lawn mower and he can use our lawn blower for the beds to gather up those seeds. I gave up for now, it's headed for 91 degrees this afternoon outside. All my animals are inside, but they aren't to happy about it either. I'm going to miss the decent weather for all this wind going on...as following it is rain showers with spots of sunshine. While he's at camporee this weekend with the Scouts, I'll have my sister overnight with me. Take her home Saturday evening so she can make it to church Sunday. Hope to get the washing machine fixed also sometime in-between before the end of next week. Garden transplants taken care of also. Busy days for me.

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 21:01 on 14th May 2014

As to closing down the airport....maybe like my hubby's old boss and his nursery..prime ground in the area...every chance they got they fought him on everything from the dust the winds created, to higher taxes and what not else...he finally sold it to an out of state computer company from California...it should of been an area "park" with it's view and location. They build an big office, and then went broke and it sits there like it has for years...some in trees that his boss gave them when he sold it.  His old boss never cost this state an thing...all his trees were sold every year on the east side of the Mississippi River...so these people here never made for his profits yearly...but he help the people built...and even when he sold the ground, wife got an private chunk of ground next to the through fare road going by it....that will probaly see her living well in the years ahead. I wonder what he got...in the end. He wen ton later to start his own housing construction in Eastern Oregon, an dlef the nursery business...one that was given to him my his father many years beforehand...and in ways...it's sad to see it gone in ways. We can always have houses and buildings but no so on decent prime land offerings for the public in general. This town has the caziest building plan...it has caused it to be so divided into "sections" rather then an unified "town". When others don't help.... and fight you on everything...it's hard to do business.