'; ?>
Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

St. Michael & All Angels Church, Pinhoe near Exeter in Devon.

Pinhoe

in the county of Devon

Spinners Garden, Boldre, Hampshire - General view from the house

Boldre

in the county of Hampshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Good Day "54"

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 20:56 on 10th May 2014
I remember many years ago my g/father dropped a tin of paint down the stairs and the dog was laying at the bottom --it was a Collie --well try and clean that mess-only one solution  shaveLaughingpoor dog it never lay there again.
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Vince Hawthorn
Vince Hawthorn
Posted at 21:33 on 10th May 2014

I got some PTB or amyl acetate if it helps- probably shift the paint if it's oil based but will mess up the skin. If it is emulsion wash before it dries, once dry it can be a real devil..

Glad to hear of the downward trend Pat. 

Sue H
Sue H
Posted at 22:18 on 10th May 2014

I've just been looking at pictures taken at this years Ten Tors event. I've never heard of it before. Looks like a great program for youngsters. Talk about keeping them off the street.

Actually, the kind of kids that need keeping off the street, wouldn't be seen dead at such an event. Still, I'm happy for the kids that are interested in taking on such a challenge.

Did you stay away, Pat?  

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 04:32 on 11th May 2014

Here I am....and we are about to have another week of instant summer, but now's my chane to clean up my balcony off my bedroom and paint it so that's what I have in mine....actually Ron, rain here is headed back east...but without the punch of full force as it dropped an LOT of rain while going through and caused another mud slide near Maple Valley, Washington..no injuries this time though...these people looked an bit smarter and had earlier lined their river bank closely with tall massive evergreen trees..like you see along most people's yards for privacy..it stopped the mud flow. 

I picked out the weeds in my garden, and we rotillied it today for the first time..I took all my potted plant containers from last year and dumpted them into the garden..after taking the dead flowers off the top...to add to the soil somewhat...I bought the veggie fertilizer the other day. I kept thinking of Dove, as I took out three just huge plants of "Nettles"....now living off the land, she would of known what to do with them...I know they cook them...don' t know if mine were to old and to big to do that though. Anyway...My hubby came home to an heaping wheel barrel full of "weeds"...lots of blackberry vines in it all as well. Maybe someone can think of the homeless and give this stuff to them to care for in an trash bag of soil/compost. I see our local Feed store is offering free compost...you haul.

Just watching National Geographic on this guy hunting down the Ark of the convent...step by step. He did find something, but he doesn't think it was the Ark, but maybe had something to do with it. Now Iknow why I think in Locksley Hall Poem...why it says I took on an woman of the black race (more or less)...this fella above checked it out...apparently in ancient days...there were indeed an few "black" Jews....and he said DNA samples showed they had white genes...these ancestors living in Africa....and indeed to this day they apparently live an life like the Jewish are suppose to be doing in accordance to the Bible. He feels he found an drum though...not the Ark...or what's left of it in an museum over there.  

My grandson's birthday is tomarrow...on the way home from school... he made up his own birthday invitations and passed them out apparently..so they had an few guests overnight last night that they were exactly expecting and I'm kind of laughing. Cause he asked me if I knew his birthday was the same weekend as MOther's Day....I got him three summer outfits and his $100 bill for him. I give each my grandkids this along with an few clothes in case they need shoes or school clothes. Grandpa and him work on the school lunches with bottle returns... other two with things around the house that we need help with. Word has it we are all meeting tomarrow for dinner for Mother's Day..somewhere. Hubby took me out recently for dinner, as well as the lunch with my sister in-law..she's spending it over at the coast with my brother supposedly. So I go for now and see what I can listen to tonight on "coasttocoast" radio.

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 04:40 on 11th May 2014

Oops...were not expecting...house guests last night....and next week is my chance to clean off the bedroom balcony...my sister's apartment house, I guess they are rebuilding their's...said the one above her patio washed clothing for lack of not having the money to buy an washer or drier. As usual..long day today in ways. 

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 08:25 on 11th May 2014

I hope your long day is cushioned by the fact that you have POE to turn to Shirley. At least you can chat to somebody rather than sit home alone literally waiting for the next day to arrive to see the milkman, the baker, visit the local shops, take the kids to school etc.

Being lonely is an awful thing so if you have family members needing a little help, just look in on them now and again, give them the benefit of knowing that you are there for them no matter what.

That said, some situations might be self inflicted for whatever reason and in that case you need to talk about things before it really is too late.

Hi to all POEsters wherever you are.

James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 09:37 on 11th May 2014
Good Morning to all who are around--not such a nice day here.Smile
Dave John
Dave John
Posted at 10:12 on 11th May 2014
Not to brilliant here neither. . .
rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 12:52 on 11th May 2014
Afternoon everyone, it's not so great here either, sunshine and heavy showers Frown
Vince Hawthorn
Vince Hawthorn
Posted at 17:48 on 11th May 2014
  I got wind too !!