'; ?>
Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Oakham

Oakham

in the county of Rutland

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Good Day "54"

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 03:25 on 10th June 2014
Someone is messing with my postings tonight.....so I might as well as behave for them and leave..heh?....ingrates...stupids...etc, etc...may you get back the karma given out?
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 08:18 on 10th June 2014

Hi to all POEsters...

You know Shirley I really don't understand how your posts get 'nobbled'. How can anybody mess with your posts, do they have access to your PC, do you have anti-virus installed?

Obviously I can't tell you what is wrong, but maybe your PC set-up has a lot to do with it?

James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 08:40 on 10th June 2014
Good Morning to allSmile
rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 16:52 on 10th June 2014

Afternoon everyone, we've had a lovely day out in Haworth with mum on her 85th Birthday, the two girls and the grandchildren. She even paid for lunch, although we all offered to chip in - but not too loudly Wink

I thought Shirley's post might be getting timed out Ron, but if that were the case (it's happened to me) you get the date of 1970 on the left hand side. So it's a puzzle really Undecided 

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 19:37 on 10th June 2014

Well. brace yourselves...should be breaking on the news nationally about anytime... school about 2 miles north of me..had an school shooting this morning...Reynolds High School. A student is dead, it's been said that they sent an teacher to the hospital wounded and they cornered the gunman (kid)shooting and shot him in the back in an bathroom.  Five hours later, we don' t know the names of those involved. Probably because they are still piecing together what happened. Today was thier last finals testing and the school closed for the summer after today. They evacuated the school kids out the side doors and into buses and took them to an near by shopping center.Since then have sent them home. On TV..it looked like an virtual "army" of police, and emergency vehicles and special police units on the scene...all roads closed...in every direction...your talking an main artery way off the freeway also. past the Community College..to the one goes to Mt. Hood to my south and 1/2 mile away. So sad...I think everyone is asking "why".... did this have to happen?  I was up until 2 am last night and couldn't sleep...which is generally how I am when something bad is about to occur. I don' t know if it was an mind control via wireless internet service going on or not...as I had a lot of problems on my computer last night. If they can take down Maylasian airplanes, they can probably do all kinds of things by now. Enviormental Protection Services have only referred to them as some kind of hackers working through wireless and cable TV lines trying to control situations...and take them over. As I said, we all live in the flight path to PDX...Portland International Airport in this corridor area. But I don' t know what all this is about so maybe that has nothing to do with the school shooting.  I did notice the big airplanes last night were flying very close to my house though...which I don' t care for exactly. We are in to much of an populated area should there ever be any "remote" problems in the airways. I'm sure the authorites are at this minute seeing to it things come out to their favor in ways. Two kids dead...not good news. School is in Troutdale, but it's on the southern edge of it city wise. Kind of one of those things where if you go two blocks your in another "district" of the area... city or county.

rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 20:31 on 10th June 2014

It seems there have been 98 shootings at schools so far this decade in the US, and we're not even half way through. In the 2000's there were 48 in the entire decade, in the 90'a there were 36. So it's on the increase Shirley.

I can say that I don't know anyone who owns a gun, not a relative, friend, neighbour, no one. As most of you know David and myself are retired Police Officers, during our service neither one of us ever went near a gun, I wouldn't have a clue what to do with one.  Only thing I ever had was a wooden stick with a leather strap, and not even one of those when I first joined, it was either a hand bagging if needed or a wallop  with the radio - which never worked as a radio anyway. Oh and I once had to throw a joint of frozen lamb at someone, but that's another storySmile

James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 20:57 on 10th June 2014
Aw go on tell usLaughing
Vince Hawthorn
Vince Hawthorn
Posted at 21:46 on 10th June 2014
 I think she might James, I said last night about memories of the job and tales that could be told to Ruth and today little snippets- she could start a thread of tales of the force ( and I do not mean Star Wars )
James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 22:42 on 10th June 2014
Wait till she has had a few drinks then she may start talking just like all women do.Wink
Neil Rodgers
Neil Rodgers
Posted at 22:55 on 10th June 2014

Hi James your going to get locked up for that sort of talk LOL but I know you are right