Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

A picture of Kensington

Kensington

in the county of Greater London

Charmouth in Dorset

Charmouth

a Seaside Town in the county of Dorset

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Good Day "61"

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 18:24 on 7th February 2015
Good Evening to all Smile
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 18:29 on 7th February 2015
Good evening everyone. Glad you had a nice walk Pat, it's a bit warmer here today, no walk though I had to go into town which I hate on a Saturday Frown
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 19:47 on 7th February 2015

Well, now you all know why I'm generally up until 3 or 4 am at night...all this takes an LOT of research work. I generally only do this in the winter time also.

Good morning!...rain isn' t nearly as bad as what they made us to believe it was going to be..though eastern Washington State and Oregon are getting some kind of milky sort of speckled dirt coming down all over...they think Ash from an erupting volcano possibly in Russia...not entirely sure as of yet on it.  Yes, the weekend is here by golly and time fo rthis year is really moving on and then some.

Spring plants are now out to buy...I picked me up another bi-colored red rose, velvety red petals in the inside..solid white on the outside...and an climbing golden rose..called  "New Year" and one of my favorite...the "Peace Rose, it's by colored also..with inner yellow going to pink outside edges...and finally an wine-purplish grand floral for my sister whom likes purple roses...I think because they are so rare most the time. Plus dome dalias...bulbs right now.this will sit out in the garage for at least until March. Last year when I went to get me some roses everyone had beaten me to them..they never got any more in the at year at their speical prices. Better part of an whole store front and I'd easily say that 1/3 of them have been already bought.

But anyway...suppose to go out an bring in my granddaughter for over night and I'm ready to do that...so have an good weekend everyone! 

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 19:58 on 7th February 2015

I stopped before coming in an read some about the Lake District....it reminds me an bit of my own area here, I live on the edge of small suburban city, near  mountains, forrests, waterfalls, and Lakes also. An nice spot I can imagine. Yeah, rain would not bother me there either...as long as I had an fire of some kind to come back to after being in it. I always thought there was an bit of "comfort" to coming in out of the rain, or even in an tent, being near the roaring fire with some hot coffee, warm bread an jam and good company....we always hung an large tarp in the trees  so our fire pit heat kind of fanned out rather then go all upward...keep is warm. The pitter patter of the rain on the roof has an homey feeling to an cooking kitchen also and stew or cookies being made.... I like memories like those....breakfast early in the morning outside on an summer day...bacon sizzling in the pan and pancakes beign flipped and eggs....  Talk later...

Vince Hawthorn
Vince Hawthorn
Posted at 22:05 on 7th February 2015

Hi All as well, hope you are all ok.

John, better check out find the word. 

rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 22:31 on 7th February 2015
Evening everyone Smile
James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 09:46 on 8th February 2015
Good Morning to all who are knocking about--have a nice day--and dont get lost on the moors PatSmile
rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 12:59 on 8th February 2015
Good afternoon everyone, a lovely cold sunny one here. Still got some snow left though.
James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 13:39 on 8th February 2015
Good Afternoon--not many about to-daySmile
rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 14:21 on 8th February 2015
It's very quiet James Smile