Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

St. Oswald's Church, Warton (near Carnforth, Lancs.)

Warton

in the county of Lancashire

Holbeach, Lincolnshire. Winner of Britain in Bloom Sign

Holbeach

in the county of Lincolnshire

Bournemouth

Bournemouth

a Seaside Town in the county of Dorset

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Good Day "61"

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 11:02 on 10th February 2015
Good morning everyone, have a good day Smile
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 11:49 on 10th February 2015
Morning/afternoon to all POEsters...
James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 16:39 on 10th February 2015
Good Afternoon to all who are around---just got back from a hectic day out.---a minor cas fault so had to leave it in Southport at the garage and catch 2 trains and a bus home---trouble is we have to do the journey in reverse to-morrowFrown
rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 17:08 on 10th February 2015
Oh dear, that sounds like quite a journey James, hope it's nothing too serious with the car.
rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 18:41 on 10th February 2015
Evening John Smile
James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 19:01 on 10th February 2015
Hi there yes John i am ok thanks and also the car is ok,yes Ruth an expensive job something i can do without--there is a slight tapping behind the steering column which lasts for about half a minute they know what it is but to get to it all the dashboard and steering column has to be stripped down which takes a few hours and when you are paying £75 for the first hour,then £45 per hour after it works out a lot then there is the vat on top of that thank god it isnt anything engine-wiseFrown
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 19:08 on 10th February 2015

Good morning..things are kind of looking better weatherwise...damp though. I spent most the night in Northcumberland with the "Strothers" family...my neighbors up the hill a moound couple houses away...they married into the Lewis family and George Washington's neice..he adopted the kids after thier father died. How they got mixedup with Native American "Red Bird"... I guess comes from one of them being an British officer to Virginia in the 1600's. They are only 3/4 Native American.The  strothers were able to hold their  English property for abut 300 years before Thomas Percy took it, and then the National trust. So far I can't find any pictures of the Manor houses, most likely torn down through the ages. These are some of the so called "vikings" that landed on English soil, called "Willinge" from the Danish are they came from...went into the name of Wellington "boot" fella association and over here with Wallins Creek, Ky in Harlan Co., Ky....I leave them in Missouri before coming to Oregon.  The original "Strothers" was an high sheriff of Norththumberland 1356 ad. Joan an Strothers and he was named Harlan Cornett. She's the only one left of the original  two Cornett brothers owned most this area where our houses stand ..they today...they have houses side by side on our little mound hill..two houses up from me..and still own considerable acreage. Harlan's was up for an MIllion dollars after he passed on, but the real estate market then had tanked out so other relatives took on the household. I can bet their property taxes are huge unless they have an way to compensate for them business wise.Joan had the  yard sale of all yard sales here an while back after her hubby passed on...World War I military uniforms and gear...non-electric flat irons for pressiing clothes, m Ham Radio equiptment of Sidney's...it was like selling an "museum" not an  just an garage sale. I go for now...have some errands to attend to today.   

rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 20:11 on 10th February 2015

Beware the car money pit James. Our last car started with just a few minor things which we put right, then a front spring went when we were in Cornwall, you have to buy two so that came to around £300. Over ther following months more things started to go wrong, electrics, this, that, the other. Over a period of about 18 months we paid out over £2000. Three days after we paid out £600 for a major electrical rewiring job the gear box went. The car was 10 years old, 150000 plus miles on the clock, a new gear box would have cost nearly £3000, so we had to cut our losses and get rid - £300 for scrap.

We've vowed now we are never going to keep a car longer than 3 years, or 5 years old. It just works out to expensive.

Good luck with yours. 

James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 09:20 on 11th February 2015

Good Morning to all who are around--have a nice daySmile

Yes Ruth they do work out expensive as they get older --so waiting for a call now to start the 2 hour journey to pick up.Smile

rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 10:26 on 11th February 2015
Good luck James. Speak later we are out all day today, visiting North Yorkshire, lanch out Smile