Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Tiny Village

Watendlath

in the county of Cumbria

Rufford Old Hall, Lancashire

Rufford

in the county of Lancashire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Good Day "63"

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 08:12 on 4th December 2015

Can you imagine visiting Shirley, James? What would you take as a 'thank you' meaning to help Shirley look after you whilst you annoy her?

Another thing, maybe Shirley doesn't keep enough nectar in stock for even a few days for you, so maybe take a crate with you eh? lol

Hi to all POEsters...

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 08:54 on 4th December 2015

Good Morning to all who are around

Ron-i wouldnt need to take anything its already there --posums,hog-jowls,and plenty of home-brewed gut rot.- its worth thinking about thoughCool

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 08:19 on 5th December 2015

You been sneaking away to the USA when in fact we thought you were taking breaks locally? Hmmn!

Hi to anybody looking in, really is time you joined in here in the forum.

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 02:08 on 6th December 2015

Now wait an minute guys...hog-jows?....I do have many books on things like this and how to prepared them and cook them, I file it under survival knowledge these days. You pay something else to find an pig out on the loose or in an field these days. I am asking JohnL if he was aware of the lady that  said someone dumpter grisey injured "goats"that were dead in her arer of Mollla,, Oregon recently...Dex 5th they did a news story on it. I think she said near Highway 211. Now near Canby not to far away are supposedly cougars killing sheep in the area and it was smack dab on the last Bood moon....and this was pretty close to an full moon also. I know the Hispanic element likes to pit roosters against each other also for bettting. They try to close them down if they get any leads...and there's an woman in Dallas, Texas has discovered an huge dog dumping site. She's out there trying to find identification on them and taking in any she can nurse back to health again. That article has some pretty graphic pictures. "Goats" we symbolic of "Satan" they say his foot print tracks are in hoves. There always been sightings of "Goat tracks" around Devonshire, England you know.

They got into the Scout Canned Food drive with 195 pounds of food when our truck broke down...not to far away.Something to do with cable connections to the battery to start it with...now taken care of, bu tit shut down the food drive fo rthem, and it was raining today also. When they first started doing this, they use to pick up about 750 pounds of food for "Snowcap" but not so for many years now. See why we NEED another truck these days.

I fisnished off the ornaments for this year and with the left overs in some cases and they look like an kid did them, rather then an adult...my grandson thought they were pretty. I ran out of the suede leater for the top of the stocking and sure did give them an richer look of elegance. I go for now and lay down some, after having some chineese food tonight, had an hankering for deep fried shrimp and sauce....supposedly sister in-law is headed to town, and she needs to keep going straight to the hospital. I talk to you all later on...have an good evening.

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 09:16 on 6th December 2015

Lots in that post again Shirley; always makes interesting reading.

Hi to all POEsters, stay dry!

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 02:44 on 7th December 2015

What an incoherent posting up above...mispelled...maybe the school system?

Ok, we went to Salem to meet up with Dee Dee at her sisters house, that was after hubby replaced an truck starter, so it was an busy day...she should by this time been completely healed and over with things....instead her leg looks very swelled...and her eyes looked like she was just "out of it"...but we hope she still gets better. WE bought her compression stockings for her, and some medications at the hebal store for both pain and leg vessel to help her. 

WE drove 60 miles back home here to pick up our grandson and sit it out until his parents came by...we are being told tonight will be an high wind warning, particularly at the coast and the Cascade Mt's...that the mountains should be 4 to 5 feet ot snow tonight....coast high winds in the 70's mph....and vallley area possible flooding. Which means hang on to your Christmas decorations also.  We have been working and running all weekend long..time to relax!.. Fireplace is built and crackling, bath taken, had an piece of old fashioned fruit cake...good night everyone...new week starts tomarrow..

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 06:30 on 7th December 2015
Hi to every POEster looking in, have a great day!
James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 08:56 on 7th December 2015
Good Morning --all ok?? have a nice daySmile
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 02:22 on 8th December 2015

Today has been serious ju-ju as they say weather wise....everyone's peeled with ears on road conditions right now.

Myself I went to go get my sister today...we have to go to Salem tomarrow to take Dee Dee to the downtown hospital and emergency to see her doctor and possibly stay overnight tommarow.....in the meantime...water water everywhere...and the entire Golf Course at Gresham is under water...the creek runs through it starts out in my area....and they got roads closed down all over from here to there....but where it leaves the golf course to go to an man made lake at Mt. Hood Community college....the road caved down under and into the water culvert. I don' tmind tellling you that me an dan neighbor had our hands full this morning...nto with water draining...with so much water fallling as rain, the drains couldn't hardly keep up with it....all outside Christmas displays had to be put back together and set up again. At one time my entire street was flowing with an coule inches of water...with curbside like an small creek flowing on it's own...bith sides of the road.....but the scarest part....after going through four drive through of water getting through Damascus, I started the long hill in confidence of no mare water to cross going up it....not so mid-way up the hilll an road spot evened off and I hit it with water cascading over my entire car...I could just barely make out the middle highway railing enough to slam on my breaks and try to stradled both lanes until i could see...now that got me scared an upset....but I made it.  I was fortunate the cars behind me could slow down and not do what I had just done. My neighbors built up their property with railroad ties and then filled it in and tiled in their entire hill top with drainage tiles....didnt' matter...they had an small cascading waterfall going over those road ties int othe street...I was safe, because my house sets up in our yard...but at one time I had water all the way around it draining to lower areas or the street...guy behind me had an pool for his back yard today. Well the rain llets up until tomarrow afternoon and by then I hope to be to Salem and back and have Dee Dee in the hospital.In all they project 7 inch rain fall total...we have another 2 days to go on it.... We had half of it this morning. I worry about my Daughter in-law, many schools closed early and she's an bus driver right now in some pretty hilly and remote areas...where creeks can easily breach their banks. Many land slides, many cars stallling from the water they drove through...many back end accidents as people slammed on breaks not thinking the water was as deepas it was. Many creeks and rivers rose so fast today, some people could barely get evacuated. So goes my Monday here...how was yours? WE(sister an I) went 13 miles out of our way to get home on an road we knew would not present an problem of water...at about stop an go traffic for the entire 23 miles of the road we'd already taken. 

I go for now and get some rest before the trip tomarrow. Talk later on...High wind warnings also going on.  

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 07:55 on 8th December 2015

Take care Shirley and hope Dee Dee gets on okay.

Hi to all POEsters