Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Restored six sailed working windmill at Heage, Derbyshire

Heage

in the county of Derbyshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Good Day "63"

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 09:54 on 20th December 2015

Well, kids sent me an snapshot photo off Depoe Bay earlier...lovely picture. We made it out to thier house and spent about 6 hours there working on things, making beds, cleaning floors, stringing green garland and red ornament bulbs, laying carpet and cleaning up in general, revamping an lamp I had here...looks great.the room is now in "Star Wars" posters on the walls also. Put up an cork board for messages as well..we just had an whole day of imporvement going on....beds look nice in new sheets...Christmas theme with moose figurines on them..and brown/yellow design, hunter type comfoters and plain embossed goldish kind of top throws at the bottom, an dyes, they all now have electric blankets also...hers was plaid with dark turquoise embossed topped and an King size comforter that folds over in half, and top brown fleece warming pad with an white top, reminds me of an sheep....each bed has two new pillows also.  Wrapped up the presents tonight and went shopping to take out several of those " party trays" the stores make in meat/cheese and grapes and so forth. So it.... plus the dogs all head back out there. All I have left to do is get an table flower arrangement for dinner...we set up thier patio table and couple chairs with an table cloth in the livingroom/dining room area. I hope they can make it back before the next storm comes in...should be following them back here.. We had some people tonight stop out front to look at our Christmas decorations. That made us feel good, we've had to set them up from the weather about 7 times now. Kind of feeling "achey" tonight..probably the storm.. My sister says she has to stay at her house for an box of groceries from the Oregon City Elks lodge. Sometimes they tend to give them to families, more then single people...so I told her not to worry about it, I generally have that here at my house anyway...so I bought an small turkey tonight....just in case. We can cook it here and it can go home with her, if she doesn' t hear from them by tomarrow. I think it is perhaps more of an thing that they "care" in giving her an box. Strange as that is to say. Anyway, I'm itchy tonight, this time all over for some reason...was watching an "Curel" lotion potion ad on TV earlier tonight, my doctor says not to watch them, they are geared to make you want to try out their advertisements and make one sickly. I still have my baking soda(warm baths)...and now wonder if this an relapse of the "shingles" I had years ago....means I got myself to stressed out perhaps...its been coming back and going when I get stressed out in an rash anyway...but never the itchy problems. Anyway, I keep taking those deep sleeps/naps and get caught up on that, it might help. So I go for now, after tommarow, I feel I have an few days of my own to do whatever I might want to do...before Christmas Eve. Have an nice day tomarrow everyone!

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 12:49 on 20th December 2015
Good Afternoon to all Smile
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 04:20 on 21st December 2015

Sister called, she got her turkey and sounded like it meant an great deal to her...kids got back...in my son's new GMC serria, club cab 4x4 pickup...it will cost him as much as what we bought our house for years ago...but it drives like an dream...and it takes some worry off me, about having an rig that can do all the things we do in life and need for it to do. Scouting, pulling the boat, moving furniture, towing stuff...etc. My youngest grandson meant me at the door and gave me an big hug on the bedroom decor....and an "Thanks Grandma!"...still with his arms around me tightly. Rest the kids did likewise before we left on thier bedrooms also.Pets went back, I think they had smiles on their faces to see thier "family" home and the little kitty into everything. So been resting...to many party trays for their refrigerator, so we brought back the cheese cake for  an couple of days. I just got done making an spinach dip bread bowel and had my first half of an icey cold beer in what seems like "ages"... with the crackers/sausage and cheese that went along with it, and slice fresh apple. Kind of an German theme to it all. Been resting and going back to resting...have an good day tomarrow...it's getting " nitty gritty " time on the presents and wrappping.  Merry Christmas everyone!

James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 11:41 on 21st December 2015
Good Morning to all--not long to go now--hope the turkey is dressed properly ShirleySmile
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 16:24 on 21st December 2015

Bound to be James...tights, short skirt, blouse, hat on the skew. Who said anything about stuffing? lol

Hi to all POEsters, have a great day friends.

James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 09:10 on 22nd December 2015
Good Morning --all got your shopping done??--not quite hereSmile
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 19:18 on 22nd December 2015
Hi to all POEsters, busy or what?
James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 19:51 on 22nd December 2015
Very busy Ron--been out for christmas lanch with a few old pals from years ago --had a good chinwag and old school memories --a very joyful and happy afternoon.Cool
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 02:15 on 23rd December 2015

Well, I made it into emergency hosptial last night on the vaginal problems down south...to find out I am terribly swollen and may be an bit allergice to the medication....they gave me tablets to take instead of the packet kit that sells over the counter....for that I paid total about $30...the tablets cost me 79 cents.  I take the first dose of the medication they gave me, which basically the same thing....and another dose in 72 hours....they then asked me to see my doctor, total joke...that would be Christmas Day...he's not there most likely and they told me he is booked, probably doing his best in sending people every which way for annual testing....until Jan 13th.  So I will either be over all this by then or else back into the emergency hosptial...but everyone assures me this should stop the problem. One of the side effects is an rapid heart beat possibly. Besides the everyday stuff..like prenancy...hormone imblance...this is also common in patients doing chemotherapy for cancer...and those with prostate problems. But the diet...no sugar...zippon none....so no Christmas cookies/breads/pies/pudding , candy or th elikes of it....only homemade soups with no sugar in them, made fresh...the rest is grren salad greens with homamde dressing, no sugar, and no cereals, no fruits, no sweet drinks, alcohol, or wine. No excitment either if possible...so let's say I just got Christmas ofr me callled off. Shirley's not having Christmas any longer. Hubby is taking the boys  and sissy to the "Star Wars" movie and then they come back and stay here overnight amidst my misery.The itching has gone up my back and down to my feet in some cases from my nerous system being affected also. In thr means time heavy storm cell going over Portland right now....and dropping 50 inches of snow in the next two days...snow projected to go down the 1,000 foot level here soon. WE have brokne all previous records now for rain for the month of December...and currebtly are logggin up about 14 inches as this storm goes through.  slept today another 11 hours solid. I actually have to go through the 25th of Dec. before my astrological chart changes from possible death fo rmy sun sign right now. It's certainly been correct on having the bad stuff going on this year. I'm ready to shut off the tree and be done with Christmas now I think. After tonight all I have left is Christmas eve and Christmas Day dinner. I talk to you later...it leaves me  depressed but nothing I can do about things. Now You all have an Merry Christmas...think of me and spread some good cheer my way if possible.

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 08:39 on 23rd December 2015

So sorry to read of your problems again Shirley and hope you will get better very soon. Stay positive dear friend and take the view that it 'won't rain forever'. In other words it will dry up and the sun will shine again.

Take care over the Xmas period and the next few weeks and do get the help if you need it, don't question yourself, go get help from the hospital.

Hi to all POEsters, hope you will have a great day.