Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Shanklin Cottages

Shanklin in the county of Isle of Wight

St Mary & St Margarets

Combrook in the county of Warwickshire

Mermaid Street, Rye, East Sussex

Rye a Seaside Town in the county of East Sussex

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

White shirts , coffee, and art.

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

TheHermit
TheHermit
quotePosted at 19:02 on 31st March 2010
I usually wear a black shirt, but today I wore a white shirt, which draws the attention of the observer to everything I throw down it. I had successfully consumed a sandwich without losing any of it, but the lid on my coffee didn’t fit properly, which annoyed me when I lost some over my shirt, as it cost me £1.30. I stood there looking at my shirt, evaluating how much I had lost in pounds sterling, when I was noticed by a colleague who found the need to state the obvious by saying,

“ You have just spilled coffee down your shirt”

This comment I thought was about as pointless as telling someone they had kicked over a tin of paint on the carpet, when they had kicked over a tin of paint on the carpet. One would assume that anyone who had done so would already know. I thus thought that such a pointless comment deserved a daft answer, and I thus replied;

“I'll do anything for the sake of art. What you see here is part of my work to explore the conceptual visualisation of abstract and intangible forms ,which interact with the observers understanding of feasible realistic possibilities of enhanced textures within the world of fabric, by observing one who has thrown coffee over himself. The artist is seen to stand on public view, appearing to be unconcerned, as though to suggest that the onlooker should consider the state of things here to be the norm, as though it is the norm for him to wear his coffee.”
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Shirley K. Lawson
Shirley K. Lawson
quotePosted at 19:33 on 31st March 2010

...I bet you never noticed if you saw the outline of "Jesus" in the coffee stain either , did ya?.... So far he's been seen in an potato chip, and in an burnt frying pan... to name other numerous places all over the place. Maybe you can "sell" the stain to "Ebay".... and see how much money you can get..its very popular these days. The Hermit's stained shirt is now for sale...as "art"...."an conceptual visualization of feasible realistic form".... Lesson learned...wear black.

Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
quotePosted at 03:58 on 1st April 2010

It never fails when you wear a light color, especially white.

Love your reply....

Rita Iton
Rita Iton
quotePosted at 15:40 on 1st April 2010

Good Day The Hermit. I could not leave the site today without telling you how very much i loved your answer. I thought it a great reply. I had such a laugh. Well done.

Barbara Shoemaker
Barbara Shoemaker
quotePosted at 14:10 on 2nd April 2010
As did I, Rita! 
 Please login to post to this thread...