Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

ad
ad
ad
ad
A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

I'm Pamela from Leeds

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Pamela Brooke
Pamela Brooke
quotePosted at 21:23 on 13th November 2008

Hi Peter

That's a good way to look at things to be honest.  I do feel at times that she is still around, like on Sunday for instance, I made the best Yorkshire Puddings I have ever made, and they were exactly like mum's!!  It's taken me 20 years to get them like that, and this was the first time I have made them since mum passed on, so I'm sure she had some influence over these because they were the best yet. Even dad said they were just like hers so who knows...  She was an absolutely fantastic cook, so I hope she passes some more of her culinary skills on to me!!  Smile

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Peter Evans
Peter Evans
quotePosted at 22:35 on 13th November 2008

Yup, you could be right. Maybe she was in your head telling you how to make them. I have just started making Bakestones, ( Welshcakes), And have been told by the family that they taste just like mums. So she is alive in there, trying to keep me on the right path as she always did. I hope they meant nice not horrible. LOL

I will never feel that she is gone. I cant see her, smell her or feel her, but she is with me 24/7. All i have to do is remember, and how culd I forget such a great woman. I hope you will soon feel the same about your Mum.

Oh shut up Pete, your rambling just like your mother used to, and still does in my head. Take care Pamela.

Pamela Brooke
Pamela Brooke
quotePosted at 07:39 on 15th November 2008
Thanks Peter!  You give really good advice!  Lol!!  I have a tendancy to ramble on myself, but who cares if it makes you feel better!  Lol!   I love welshcakes too!  I went on holiday to wales with one of my sisters a few times, but the first time I went, Welshcakes was one of the first things I tried, and I loved them.  I also bought a little welsh teatime recipe book on the same holiday, and then when I got back home I made welshcakes for mum and dad the same day!!  They sure are addictive!!!  Tongue out
Peter Evans
Peter Evans
quotePosted at 14:49 on 15th November 2008
They sure are Pamela, I made 52 on wednesday, And I have to make more today. So I am going to be busy this afternoon.
Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 15:13 on 15th November 2008

That reminds me that I need to convert your recipe, Peter, for Ruth.

Sorry, Ruth, I will get to it. I'll try today, as I'm getting around a bit more as the days go by.

L
L
quotePosted at 16:55 on 15th November 2008
My mum used to make welshcakes and we loved them as kids, as soon as they were cooked we were scoffing them lol so they never lasted very long.
Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
quotePosted at 18:34 on 15th November 2008

No hurry Sue, whenever you get the chance. It's easy enough to convert liquids, but converting weights into measurements in cups, half cups, etc. is a bit tricky.  Especially for baked goods when a little too much or too little flour could really mess up the finished product.

But I would highly suggest you try the Welshcakes - as Lyn said, they are highly addictive.  I think they're my favorite cookie.

Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 18:39 on 15th November 2008
That's why I can't do it right now Ruth. I plan to weigh it out in metric and then measure it out in cups and spoons. I don't know any other way. So once I can stand up on my own two feet long enough to do that, I will send it along.
Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
quotePosted at 18:49 on 15th November 2008

Thanks a million, Sue. 

Gotta run - housecleaning is calling!  Yell

Please login to post to this thread...