Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Village sign

Wroxham in the county of Norfolk

Norwich Cathedral, Norfolk

Norwich a Historic City in the county of Norfolk

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

David from New York, USA

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

David Seager
David Seager
quotePosted at 22:57 on 22nd February 2010

Hi from the insanity of the USA. While I was born in Cleveland, Ohio, USA, my father was from the finger lakes in New York state.  His father, Edward Seager, was born in Kent (Thurnham, near Maidstone).  Because of this heritage, I am interested in England--perhaps even in "returning" to my ancestral homeland. Presently I am living in the finger lakes of west-central NY state.

I'd be interested in communicating with anyone in Kent who may know my family relations there, and also with anyone who can help me about moving to England.  While Kent is interesting to me for the family connections--and I love small rural villages--I am drawn to very hilly to mountainous regions, such as Yorkshire and also the Lake Country.

I hold a Ph.D. in 20th century American history, and I work teaching online for a community college in Vermont, where I used to live (you might guess how I acquired my love of green hills and mountains!).  Is there any chance that I could relocate to England and find a job?  

Thanks very much!

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Shaun Wilson
Shaun Wilson
quotePosted at 23:18 on 22nd February 2010
hello david and have fun :)
David Seager
David Seager
quotePosted at 23:24 on 22nd February 2010
Hello Shaun.  Where in the UK are you?
David Seager
David Seager
quotePosted at 23:32 on 22nd February 2010
I'd like to delete my repeated post but no option seems to exist in "edit" to do that. Any advice?
Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 23:43 on 22nd February 2010
On 22nd February 2010 23:32, David Seager wrote:
I'd like to delete my repeated post but no option seems to exist in "edit" to do that. Any advice?

Welcome to POE, David.

We're always happy to have new folks joining us, and look forward to getting to know you here.

With your double post, it often happens that if you refresh the page after submitting a post, then it will post again.

As for deleting it, you can edit it down to nothing or maybe a smily, then one of the moderators can come along and delete it. Or just leave it, and one of those said moderators will just clean it all up.

So, don't worry about your double post, it has been taken care of.

See you soon. 

David Seager
David Seager
quotePosted at 23:46 on 22nd February 2010
Sue: what beautiful photos!  Thanks for the hints.
Krissy
Krissy
quotePosted at 00:55 on 23rd February 2010
Hi David! Welcome to POE!
cathyml
cathyml
quotePosted at 05:01 on 23rd February 2010
Hello David, great to have you on board
Stephanie Jackson
Stephanie Jackson
quotePosted at 06:43 on 23rd February 2010

Hello David and welcome to POE. I live in the Heart of England - in the Black Country which is in West Midlands.

I don't know how easy or difficult it is to move to England these days. There have been other members who have announced in User Introductions that they are moving here. Perhaps if you look through the posts in User Introductions to find them and send a message to them then they may be able to help.

Think alot of people like Yorkshire as a choice of area to live - it is probably cheaper than the Lakes to purchase or rent houses. Jobs are hard to find these days but with your qualifications and skills I am sure you would be fine. Good luck!

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 07:48 on 23rd February 2010
Welcome to POE from Anna and Ron in Oxford, David. Enjoy this wonderful website and forum. Use it to research your eventual settlement here in the UK.