Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Cackle Hill Lane, Holbeach

Holbeach in the county of Lincolnshire

St John the Baptist Church

Stokesay in the county of Shropshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

David from New York, USA

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

SarahPremier Member - Click for more info
Sarah
quotePosted at 14:53 on 23rd February 2010

Welcome to POE, David Smile

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
lancashirelove
lancashirelove
quotePosted at 14:58 on 23rd February 2010
Hi david and welcome from me also. i dont know what difficulties you will encounter moving from the US to the UK.Your best bet is to contact the British embassey where they will provide you with the relevent info. Unfortunatly, as in the rest of Europe, coming from a non-member country you will need to satisfy certain criteria. please check this to avoide being refused entry at the airport and returned home.  if you try to cheat your way in, for example as a studant or visitor you will be questioned in reference to supporting yourself for the duration of your stay. Any hint you may give that you will need to work to do that (ie as a cook, chef or teaching and you havnt got a work permit will almost see you being refused entry). it sound harsh I know, but when you think about it, its just as difficult for someone to enter the US. please make sure you have the correct documentation and reasons for coming, to avoid being dissapointed.  Also please remember that although we have some beautiful roses we also have the odd thorns too. hope you get what you want. Mike Smile
Barbara Shoemaker
Barbara Shoemaker
quotePosted at 15:22 on 23rd February 2010
Welcome to the wonderful world of POE, David!
Urmimala Singh
Urmimala Singh
quotePosted at 15:58 on 23rd February 2010
A warm welcome to this wonderful site DavidSmile
Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
quotePosted at 03:54 on 25th February 2010

Hi David:  Welcome.  It sounds like a great plan.  Hope it works out for you.  In the mean time, enjoy it here.

Cozycriter
Cozycriter
quotePosted at 17:50 on 19th March 2010

Hi, David..

Welcome to POE!  I live downstate in the suburbs of NYC.  The Finger Lakes area of the State is beautiful (though I've never been).  Vermont is lovely, too, and a place I used to dream about living, though as with the FL, I've never been there, either.  Like you, I love mountains and hills, too.

As to moving to England, there is a website called, "An American in England" written by someone who is just that..and he gives details of his experiences in relocating to this fascinating country.  You might want to check it out and see if it helps you: www.anamericaninengland.com   There is also another site with an FAQ regarding moving to the UK.  It's at: www.avatar-moving.com/gh_showarticle.asp?hid=47 I hope it proves helpful to you.

Good luck, David..and I hope you enjoy this site. :)

Hugs, Jo

Edited by: Cozycriter at:19th March 2010 18:52
Gonul
Gonul
quotePosted at 18:49 on 19th March 2010
Hi and welcome to POE David Smile
David Seager
David Seager
quotePosted at 16:53 on 22nd March 2010

Cozycriter: thanks so much for the two sites you recommended.  They are both very interesting and helpful.

And thanks to all for the welcoming messages.

Please login to post to this thread...