Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Birmingham Botanical Gardens

Edgbaston in the county of West Midlands

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Hi from Durham, UK

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Andrew Harker
Andrew Harker
quotePosted at 09:25 on 9th March 2010

Hi All, Came across your site whilst researching a trip I'm having in a few days. What a fantastic web site, from hotels to snippets of info, you have it all!

We are Andrew & Kim, from Willington, near Durham City UK. Lived here all our lives and very proud and lucky to have everything near us, from the coast to the dales, from busy cities to tranquil backdrops.

My latest hobby is my two seater little sports car, a Mazda MX-5. With the weather getting better we have decided to have a ride down to a place called Buxton, anyone heard of it LoL?

Andrew & Kim

PS. Wished I had found this site before booking our hotel, never mind always next time.

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
JauntyJane
JauntyJane
quotePosted at 10:30 on 9th March 2010
Buxton is a Spa Town in the Peak District (Derbyshire), unless of course there is another Buxton in England.  Hope you have a nice time - there is some lovely scenery down there.
cathyml
cathyml
quotePosted at 10:35 on 9th March 2010

Hello Andrew & Kim, welcome to POE, and as you say what a pity that you didn't find the site earlier so you could take advantage of the accommodation bookings, but you have found it now!

Do hope you will taking photos on your trip and will add them to those already on this fabulous site. Have a wonderful holiday.

I quickly went to check on Willington, County Durham (is that the right one) to see where you live, and there are no photos of your town on POE, so maybe you could add some and let us have a look at the area you are so proud to be dwelling in?

Sally Birch
Sally Birch
quotePosted at 11:52 on 9th March 2010
Hi Andrew and Kim welcome to POW. I'm sure you will enjoy Buxton it's a lovely old spa town and the surrounding countryside is fabulous
Mick Carver
Mick Carver
quotePosted at 13:42 on 9th March 2010

Hi Andrew, welcome to POE you will love Buxton and the surrounding area, a good base for many interesting spots, including Chatsworth. 

Penny Amos
Penny Amos
quotePosted at 20:39 on 9th March 2010
Hi, I'm Penny from Illinois, USA. will be interested in learning more about England, Soctland, Wales and Ireland.
cathyml
cathyml
quotePosted at 20:54 on 9th March 2010
Hello Penny and Welcome to Poe, would you like to go to the User Introductions and create a new thread like Andrew has done,  put your message on there and you will get lots of warm friendly welcomes just for you.
Urmimala Singh
Urmimala Singh
quotePosted at 08:24 on 10th March 2010
Hello Andrew and a warm welcome to POE!
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 08:56 on 10th March 2010
Welcome to POE from Anna and Ron, Andrew. Enjoy...
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 08:57 on 10th March 2010
On 9th March 2010 20:39, Penny Amos wrote:
Hi, I'm Penny from Illinois, USA. will be interested in learning more about England, Soctland, Wales and Ireland.
Hi Penny, welcome to POE from Anna and Ron, but hey why not set up your own introduction for us at 'User Introductions'.....looking forward to it