Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Sunset over Oulton Broad on the Norfolk Broads

Oulton in the county of Norfolk

Holbeach, Lincolnshire. Washway Road

Holbeach in the county of Lincolnshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Hello from Ross-on-Wye

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Stephen Bray
Stephen Bray
quotePosted at 21:59 on 5th August 2010
Hello all.  My name is Stephen and I've just joined POE.  I live just outside Ross-on-Wye.  I hope I can contribute.
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 22:03 on 5th August 2010
Hi Stephen, welcome to POE from Anna and Ron. It really is the best website bar none, with a great bunch of members who you will meet shortly. Join us here in the forum whenever you can.....and enjoy!
Stephen Bray
Stephen Bray
quotePosted at 22:41 on 5th August 2010
Thanks for the warm welcome Anna and Ron.  I look forward to catching up with you before too long
Krissy
Krissy
quotePosted at 23:37 on 5th August 2010
Hi Stephen! Welcome to POE!
Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 23:59 on 5th August 2010

Hello Stephen!

I have a good friend who lives along the river from you in Hay-on-Wye. I love that whole area, so beautiful!

Welcome to POE. Look forward to seeing your pictures, and hopefully getting to know you here in the forum. 

cathyml
cathyml
quotePosted at 06:21 on 6th August 2010
Hi Stephen and a warm welcome to POE.  You are living in a beautiful area of England and I look forward to seeing your pictures.Smile
Urmimala Singh
Urmimala Singh
quotePosted at 06:39 on 6th August 2010
A warm welcome to POE Stephen and looking forward to seeing your pictures.
Stephen Bray
Stephen Bray
quotePosted at 08:42 on 6th August 2010

Morning All, thanks for all the warm welcomes!  As for Ross-on-Wye, yes it is a beautiful part of the country and I feel very lucky to be part of it.  The River Wye flows at the bottom of my garden and I can see Ross-on-Wye across the fields.  Between me and Ross are flood plains and in the wet season it looks like a big lake between me and the town.  Fortunately I'm high up so no fear of flooding.  I'm gradually restoring a cottage built around 1580. Not easy when you work full time too. Every 100 years an extension was added so its not really a cottage in the true sense.  The original wing of the house is more cottage looking and actually started life as a tool shed!  I'm only 5'4" and there is only about 2 inches between my head and the beams in the ceilings.  I would post pictures of the "before and after" but not sure that is allowed.  I don't want to break the rules before I start.

Its the Ross Carnival today so will certainly give it a wide birth plus its the BIG CHILL at Eastnor Castle.  The area is flooded with outsiders. 

Stephen Bray
Stephen Bray
quotePosted at 08:45 on 6th August 2010
Sorry about my photo.  I've got a new Macbook and haven't transferred the photos over yet from the old Windows 'puter.  I'll get a better one before too long.
Urmimala Singh
Urmimala Singh
quotePosted at 09:55 on 6th August 2010

Seems like you live in a very beautiful spot indeed Stephen.Your restoration work of the cottage sounds really very interesting Good luck and I look forward to seeing the end-results on POE !

Please login to post to this thread...