Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

How are things the Garden?

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 21:19 on 26th April 2015
Apricots are forming, looks like it's going to be a good year for fruit
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 21:24 on 26th April 2015
All the Clematis are spritting and Roses budding--the only thing that isnt 100% is the lawn --we had it treated about 5 years ago and they badly burnt it --just recovering now but noticeable--still we are getting there.Smile
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 17:40 on 28th April 2015

Lawn seed sown last week about to show anytime now that we have had some rain, with gentle heat.

It's like watching paint dry!

James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 19:18 on 28th April 2015
Looking decent now apart from too many Pigeons being fed by next doorFrown
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 08:28 on 30th April 2015
Netting going over the Apricot tree today, hoping the frost doesn't get to it along with the Pigeons.
James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 10:35 on 30th April 2015
The wife has just come back with more plants and two more rose trees  more work for you know who??Smile
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 17:35 on 30th April 2015

Pet stores have products to keep cats out and in certain areas...but it surprises me because most the time my cats will come inside to do their business , because they are house trained cats...and have two littler boxes, one upstiars and one downstairs. My pond lily is looking sick, I think I need to find the fertilizer tabs for it I bought last year. Seeds are starting to sprout out also. Dogs broke off one pepper plant last weekend I see. Grass look scrappy, but we had to reseed places that we killed out the moss.  Fruit trees look half dead are starting to come out of it, and picked off the black spot on some of the roses...got some stuff fro that yesterday also. Neighbors tree dropped it's seeds looked like an mass attack of miniture helicopters come down...maple seed I think...whirlly little things.  Should be getting the iris bulbs we ordered from my grandson's school fund raiser here soon and plant them.  It's an daily work in progress some days. It's had it's time of looking just plain beatuiful though here lately also. Especially when the red/orange tulips were blooming the same time as the purple azeala was in it's glory ...the red tulips were out, the orange tulips were out and massive blue and white small blooms all across the yard and the yellow dafiodils. Pink trees blossoming out also. I think slow release fertilizer was the cause of that perhaps. James has an pretty yard, he showed me some pictures of it one time.

Coming from "farmers"...it's not having any skill in planting flowers, it that everyspot of ground means growing your field crops to harvest as your income, they could care less about flowers..in fact I've seen many an farmer having plowed up right to the edge of their house in the mid-west to plant wheat/corn/or soy. Native americans live off the land...so God's got to supply it all for them, from flowers to their food. Some people really don' tlike the effort put into growing an garden, I've taken over plants to my sister and she's to lazy to water them even...but she likes looking at them...and her lfe is like that, she has what other people will do the work at giving it to her. My neighbor next door runs her own business daily...she hasn't time for much but what she grows in pots going up to her doorway. but having my big pot of red/white/and blue petunias last year out of my front yard...and easy $50 plus investment, it make you think twice about it all...cost wise. True, whomever took it, probably could of never bought one as huge and grand as was the one I babied to have an all red/white/blue front yard last year, but still ..it was the centerpiece for my front yard, and it seemed like from then on all my plants died last summer. Even the one I gavemy nieghobrs for having taken us out to dinner as an gift. 

I'll look fof my dandilion salad..Chief Lagasse makes, but its spring greens, or tender dandilions sauted quickly in garlic, and bacon drippings, and then turned out on an plate and an poached egg laid on top of it, with an light holldaise sauce on top of the egg....I think that's how it goes. It looks good and goes well with English muffins and jam.

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 09:05 on 1st May 2015

I guess the answer to stopping Cats doing their business in your garden is to get a Cat!

That would at least would stop other Cats roaming your garden and you'd also have the benefit of knowing your neighbour is getting a taste of what you have to put up with.

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 08:54 on 2nd May 2015

Crush your egg shells up and sprinkle liberally around young plants to keep the Snails and Slugs away.

It's cheap and environmentally friendly.

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 08:28 on 3rd May 2015

They don't bother me, I see them when they come over, most the time they are asking for water cause the neighbors threw them out to fend for themsleves, they come to my poan and fountains,,,I've had one cat.. old and elderly take up residence in my shed over winter, my male cat use to go out and bring her into the back patio if I'd leave dry food down for her..she was so "wild" she woulnd't let humans around her and another ...well, make it twice now...delivered their kittens in one of my sheds. It's well known that the Eagles are good as swooping up abandoned cats and eating them, as well as house pets.  I have little shovels I do my garden work with...if I run across their droppings I simply pick it up and put in in the trash can.. "life" means you help everything. Animals these days can't make it any more then the aborigines and natives can that are committing genocide. We built an "money pocket" world not an living one for all life. I watched an honey bee tonight stagering down my front door steps...until it got to an step where I had rinsed the stairs off and was drinking water also.  I rinsed off my whole yard tonight from the massive Chemtrailing they have been doing..the plants can't take it, the insects are dying without pesicide useage... the birds have nothing to eat...cause we are all an food chain to something living. I've been watching people though giving "bees" water to drink on Riddit.com/pics for some time now. California and SE Oregon are into the crimson red severre color for lack off water right now. They(MIT) just found an way recently to use ocean waterand de-salt it cheaply enough, cause they think California unless the  weather changes is going to start to "go under" for the drought it's having...and this time it's going to affect the people.