Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Cullercoats harbour. Tyne & Wear

Cullercoats

in the county of Tyne & Wear

Castle Acre Priory, Norfolk

Castle Acre

in the county of Norfolk

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

How are things the Garden?

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 08:53 on 9th May 2015

Had to put more grass seed down, the last lot either didn't germinate, maybe was just too old.

We shall see, but the rain will help.

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 16:09 on 12th May 2015
Maybe the pigeons are enjoying them Ron??Smile
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 16:11 on 12th May 2015

Hi James. Nice to see you back and hope you had a great time?

As for the Pigeons? No the netting stops them a treat, along with moving red and white plastic tape (carried in the wind that is).

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 21:31 on 12th May 2015

Yippeee!

Went out tonight and can see the new growth, really fine green shoots, but yes it really is grass....at last!

James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 19:23 on 13th May 2015
Had a busy one to-day --been out buying Bedding Plants best deal was at Tesco --also got a good deal at our local greengrocers --too early to plant yet Smile
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 18:27 on 15th May 2015
If you got the plants in James they won't want watering tonight, if what we had throughout Oxfordshire today is anything to go by.
James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 18:52 on 15th May 2015
They are all outside now in trays --only because it is raining and no frost is forecast---another 5 trays to-day begoniasSmile
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 16:11 on 16th May 2015
I've known frost to damage plants early June James so not clear of Jack just yet.
James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 18:46 on 16th May 2015
Just transfered 10 trays back to the greenhouse 6degrees fore cast for to-night --yes jack is still about?Smile
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 03:41 on 18th May 2015

I got some more fill-in plants yesterday...I'm miserly this year...my seeds didn't germintate very well either, maybe to early yet...or as James said...birds had dinner on them. A week ago an little bird came into our house by mistake, the cats got it before is could even think of getting away...and killed it, but it's little sister or brother bird is still hanging outside looking into the patio door.  I feel kind of sorry for it, the nest must be close around for it to stay in the area. So far I've found annuals at under $3 for six plants.... I'm working on them now.  Need to do some slug control it looks like also. One of the yuckiest things I can think of in summer is to go out on the patio in bare feet and step on an slug in the dark.  Just one of those feelings that mordifys me to no end... even with sandels on... it's not to much better. So I use slug bait when I notice them...wish the birds would swoop down and eat them for breakfast. We have extremely talented birds in this area...last year when I set out the lawn sprinkler in the summer, they made no doubts that they were "playing" in it...like little kids, chirping like they were laughing/partying and the whole bit...Just enjoying themselves. My girfriend named "Joyce" one time had an nest of babies on her front porch...so everyone came over had to use the side door off the her house to visit her until they grew up and left. She watched them daily from the time they were little eggs to after they grew up. My bird that laid eggs this year, none of them hatched, a few of them had nothing  in them also. Guess that happens at times.