Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

St Mawes

St Mawes

in the county of Cornwall

Overton, Shropshire

Overton

in the county of Shropshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

How are things the Garden?

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 11 Next >

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 21:06 on 6th April 2015

Cutting the lawns take up a  lot of my time especially so with the osteoarthritis and dercums, but I have to get through it. Mind you I also have to dose up on oramorph, as well as the usual additional medication.

Many of the fruit trees are just breaking into flower. A Pear tree in particular needs to be treated for Codling Moth because they ruined every piece of fruit on the tree last year, so a trap or bug spray treatment is imminent.

Moss in the lawns, will it ever go away?

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 21:17 on 6th April 2015

We have trouble with moss in the lawn and what makes it worse we had it treated 3 years ago and the idiots burnt it badly which really spoiled it.

All the borders are "spritting" and looking healthy-sweet peas went in to-day and greenhouse ready for cuttings and tomatoes.--Smile i must stop the grandson sitting on the compost heap---maybe he will soon grow out of it.Wink

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 21:26 on 6th April 2015

Ha, ha very good James.

I remember sitting on a compost heap a long time ago and as it collapsed several grass snakes were wriggling about under me. Didn't know what they were at the time which made it worse.

Today we have Slow worms in the green waste bin. Take the lid off and there they are right on top, I think they must like the damp warm conditions.

What cuttings will you start?

James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 21:33 on 6th April 2015
Geraniums mostly lots of them plus all the other bedding plants which she buys in -a lot of work Ron.--still she enjoys it.Smile
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 07:27 on 7th April 2015

I think Geraniums are probably the easiest to get going, you agree James? However, they are very rewarding when in full bloom especially when the borders are full of them.

Well done Mrs P!

James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 09:52 on 7th April 2015
She is out again-i wont see her now till 11-30amSmile
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 14:20 on 8th April 2015

Did the deed re the Pear tree this morning so tough luck Codling Moth! Trouble is this particular pest needs to be treated several times throughout the year to get rid of it, but not whilst it's flowering, so as to protect the bees.

The Apricot tree is well loaded with flower this year so hopefully a good crop there this year, assuming the frost doesn't get to it of course.

James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 09:07 on 9th April 2015
Only the lawn to cut later to-day --having a day offSmileplenty of time to do other tasks.
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 07:43 on 10th April 2015

Notice the weeds suddenly outgrow the plants just now so gloves on, get them out before they throw their seeds.

And as for the dandelions, where do they come from? Pick the heads off in the morning and by mid afternoon another lot are wide open. It's a real job to keep up with them, but as I stop them seeding it lets you see how many arrive via the birds or the wind.

James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 08:57 on 10th April 2015
Just a few little jobs to-day--repairing a broken trellis which wont take long then putting garden furniture out.Smile
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 11 Next >