Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

ad
ad
ad
ad
A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

What is your favourite cake/pie?

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 21:36 on 30th October 2008
On 30th October 2008 21:32, Sue H wrote:
We called them butterfly cakes or fairy cakes.
Peter would know all about them!
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 21:38 on 30th October 2008

Ron, you're awful!

My mum made the best cakes, so light and fluffy.

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 21:40 on 30th October 2008
On 30th October 2008 21:38, Sue H wrote:

Ron, you're awful!

My mum made the best cakes, so light and fluffy.

I know, but you like me! Now who was it who said that, changing the thread once again.....sorry Sue H!
L
L
quotePosted at 21:41 on 30th October 2008
The secret of baking a light fluffy cake is to use a level teaspoon of baking powder in the mixture.
Pamela Brooke
Pamela Brooke
quotePosted at 21:42 on 30th October 2008

mine too!!  I always used to watch her when she was baking, when I was a child....  She made very good bread too!!  I am so going to miss her bread.....  Frown

Jason T
Jason T
quotePosted at 22:12 on 30th October 2008
Oh i know what butterfly cakes are now!!!   ooh they're nice!!Smile
Wolf
Wolf
quotePosted at 22:33 on 30th October 2008
When I was still in England my favourite was blackberry pie, that's when us kids got home with enough blackberries.
Shirley K. Lawson
Shirley K. Lawson
quotePosted at 00:53 on 31st October 2008

I took professsional cake lessons one time, we had to bake this Holloween cake for class using all the techniques she had given us to try out that week, and so it was, I took out my paper and made my own stencil for the moon, with an bat off to one side, and then I made an fence and I rolled little scarecrow guys as was instructed for starting Marzipan formations,  and I had an few ghosts walking by the scare crows, hay stacks .."Happy Holloween"..and I really liked that cake, the frosting looked perfect, edges decorated uniformly...and I set the cake on my dining room table to dry an bit to take to class...and my "puppy" while I was gone, took an huge big "bite" out of it...ruined the whole thing. I took it to class anyway and asked the teacher what you do with something ends up like this, and she said...offer your puppy some milk to go with it?..and laughed. I use to call her my "upper camper pupper dogger" at one time...seh liked sleeping iwth me in the top bed ofour camper..she was my birthday present, first night my hubby took her to her own bed she growled at him the entire way out there, and some 15 years later the night she got loose from an storm, (we had weathered it up most the night together as it was) he took her to her bed..and she growled at him the entire way out there. I have pictures of her smaller then the tulips growing behind her in the picuture as an wee baby pup. 

Shirley K. Lawson
Shirley K. Lawson
quotePosted at 01:23 on 31st October 2008

I forgot to answer,.. I like them all and can't or shouldn't eat much of any of it. But I do anyway...ugh!....Anybody for whipped cream? Topic reminds me of the movie "Micheal" where he's an bit different for the arche-angel "Micheal" (played by John Travolta)  then expected, and they are traveling across country and they stop at thsi cafe, and the song writer gal makes....sings an song about "pie".

Denzil Tregallion
Denzil Tregallion
quotePosted at 08:00 on 31st October 2008
turnip and lemon crumble and all