Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Epping, Essex

Epping in the county of Essex

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Favourite actor/actress

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 18:46 on 17th January 2010
On 17th January 2010 17:50, Ron Brind wrote:

T Dow says>>>what do you mean by refer to my name???...I think mainly the net itself is just a game and people pretending to be people they are not..

Your first name is what? Tony, Thomas, Teresa? Of course you don't have to tell us.

As for people pretending?.....Not here on POE. This is a family friendly website and it shall remain that way! The members care about each other here so nothing sinister, no obscene language etc or your account will be deleted, that's the way we are 'T'.

Sure indeed!!

It's the reason that your first post was deleted.

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
poePremier Member - Click for more info
poe
quotePosted at 20:12 on 17th January 2010

So many to choose from. Clint Eastwood, Henry Fonda, Charles Bronson, Omar Sharif, Gregory Peck, Richard Burton, Richard Harris, Steve McQueen, Kirk Douglas, Tony Curtis...

More recently - Viggo Mortenson, Denzil Washington, Christian Bale

Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
quotePosted at 20:23 on 17th January 2010

I like Morgan Freeman, Michele Pfeiffer, Judi Dench, Sean Connery, Greg  Kinnear, Tom Hanks, Shirley McLaine to name a few.

BTW, Chris, you misspelled Denzel Washington.  The reason I caught it is that everybody wants to call my dog Denzil (named after that wonderful chap from Cornwall) Denzel (pronounced Den-ZEL) and I have to constantly correct them.  They ask how I came up with the name Denzil, and then I have to tell them "it's a long story."  lol

poe
quotePosted at 20:30 on 17th January 2010

Oops.. Sorry Ruth! *slaps own wrist* Wink

Here's a couple more - Gene Hackman and Guy Pearce

SarahPremier Member - Click for more info
Sarah
quotePosted at 20:34 on 17th January 2010
I like Sandra Bullock - she always makes me laugh! Laughing
Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
quotePosted at 20:36 on 17th January 2010

Yes, she's very good, Sarah.  Very down  to earth.  I like Gene Hackman too, Chris, especially in the Bird Cage.  It's a hysterical movie.

TheHermit
TheHermit
quotePosted at 20:42 on 17th January 2010

I look no further than the cast of I Clavdivs , where the art of thesbianism is at its zenith, which reminds me of those awful Russian camera's (owns up to owning a Lubitel)

There is of course also this fellow John Finch, appearing here in Richard II as Bollinbroke.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P24pFeqKqH8

Funny enough the best Hamlet I ever saw was Mel Gibson's. That dreadful performance by a former doctor over Christmas was notably deplorable.

Edited by: TheHermit at:17th January 2010 21:21
poe
quotePosted at 20:48 on 17th January 2010
I've not seen the Bird Cage Ruth, (will look it up) but he's a great actor. Films that come to mind are the French Connection, Crimson Tide (alongside Denzel Washington Wink) and the Unforgiven (starring Clint Eastwood and Morgan Freeman)
Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
quotePosted at 20:57 on 17th January 2010

Great movie's, Chris.

I agree TheHermit, about I Claudius.  We watch it about every other year.  Derek Jabcobi is brilliant as C-C-C-Claudius, and I think it's Brian Blessed who plays Augustus, right?  Also, Patrick Stewart has a minor role - Sejanus.  It was before he became "famous."

TheHermit
TheHermit
quotePosted at 21:00 on 17th January 2010
 And with hair.

Do you have the same DVD set as me Ruth? where there is an extra disk covering the Charles laughton Claudius.

Robert Graves said that he based his book on Suetonius lives of the Caesars . I have volume I of that on my pewt desk, and in the draw is a book on how to learn Latin, which sits atop books on how to learn Greek. Obviously I went a bit mad in Blackwell's classics department.

Octavian called himself Augustus, which means majestic. He was the first of five emperors from the Claudian family. Now if only Antony had won the battle of Actium,,,

Edited by: TheHermit at:17th January 2010 21:14