Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Harden Beck, Harden, West Yorkshire

Harden in the county of West Yorkshire

St Andrews Church a Ruin, at Roudham, Norfolk

Roudham in the county of Norfolk

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Favourite actor/actress

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
quotePosted at 21:02 on 17th January 2010

Yes, lol, still not much of it, but definitely a younger, hairier Jean Luc PIcard.  Smile

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
quotePosted at 21:03 on 17th January 2010
I think I most definitely have to include Patrick Stewart on my favorite actor list.
Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
quotePosted at 21:27 on 17th January 2010
On 17th January 2010 21:00, TheHermit wrote:
 And with hair.

Do you have the same DVD set as me Ruth? where there is an extra disk covering the Charles laughton Claudius.

Robert Graves said that he based his book on Suetonius lives of the Caesars . I have volume I of that on my pewt desk, and in the draw is a book on how to learn Latin, which sits atop books on how to learn Greek. Obviously I went a bit mad in Blackwell's classics department.

Octavian called himself Augustus, which means majestic. He was the first of five emperors from the Claudian family. Now if only Antony had won the battle of Actium,,,

Actually, TheHermit, believe it or not,  we still watch it on the VHS tapes that we taped off television 20 years ago, and even more amazing - we still have a functioning VHR.  I looked into buying the DVD series a few years ago, but it was a bit pricey.  But I suppose one of these days I'll have to.

I would love to do that classical reading - I would also like to read Josephus, but with my current schedule, I simply don't have the time right now.  My hat's off to you - good luck with your classical studies.

TheHermit
TheHermit
quotePosted at 21:38 on 17th January 2010
Josephus? Was he the fellow who persuaded every one to slaughter the person next to them in the fashion of a sacrificial lamb, thus coming out of Masada as the only one left to give himself up to the Romans?
T Dow
T Dow
quotePosted at 21:40 on 17th January 2010
My first post was deleted???...for what???...I'm sorry but yet again people must have me confused with someone else...as cursing is a sign of ignorance and I don't involve myself with anything crued or vile...thats okay according to myspace I have an account with them at this time??...which I don't nor ever did...the internet is a dangerous place of misconception...or mistaken identity...it can cause great problems for those who are victimised by the games of others...I know my children and I were victimised by exactly that...stolen written work and artwork of mine and identity...it still has not been resolved...however the many times I approached canadian authorities about it their response has been we don't have the technology to do anything about it...and going state side would mean I would be able to obtain a lawyer to represent myself and my children...what fun for anyone would that be...
Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
quotePosted at 21:47 on 17th January 2010
On 17th January 2010 21:38, TheHermit wrote:
Josephus? Was he the fellow who persuaded every one to slaughter the person next to them in the fashion of a sacrificial lamb, thus coming out of Masada as the only one left to give himself up to the Romans?

I don't know too much about him, but yes, I think that's something he's noted for.  I just think it would be interesting to read some of his stuff about the Jews in Palestine in the first century.

T Dow
T Dow
quotePosted at 22:07 on 17th January 2010
I was notified about a new thread???...however didn't find one???...how can you simply write someone direct???
Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 23:53 on 17th January 2010
On 17th January 2010 22:07, T Dow wrote:
...how can you simply write someone direct???

Click on the person's name above their avatar, that will take you to their pictures page, then hit the contact button, this will bring you to a box where you can send an email via POE.
T Dow
T Dow
quotePosted at 03:14 on 18th January 2010
Thanks...k now just waiting for someone to show up
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 08:24 on 18th January 2010
On 17th January 2010 22:07, T Dow wrote:
I was notified about a new thread???...however didn't find one???...how can you simply write someone direct???
The new thread is there 'T'  and the way to find it is to 'log in' and then go to 'Latest Posts' on the left hand side of the page. There you will find the thread 'Top ten love stories' started for you after your suggestion. If you want to contact me direct using the POE 'Contact User' facility go to your profile and click on 'Contact'.