Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Favourite actor/actress

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**
1 2 3 4 5 Next >

Stephanie Jackson
Stephanie Jackson
quotePosted at 07:04 on 15th January 2010

Another old thread revived for a new generation and new choices of course! This time I thought it would be interesting if you put a short explanation why you think they are so good.

Mine are not really internationally well known.

David Tennant - think he is brilliant in everything he does and I hated Dr Who until he was in it!

Tennant jpg

John Simm - another Dr Who actor (played the Master) but also Sam Tyler my favourite series Life on Mars. He is one of those rare actors who can swap successfully from playing a "baddie" to a "goodie"!

kinopoisk ru John Simm 644556 jpg

Philip Glenister - also from Life on Mars and Cranford - think the way he can swap from comedy to tragedy within a few scenes is amazing

Philip Glenister 9178 jpg

Edited by: Stephanie Jackson at:15th January 2010 07:05
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
T Dow
T Dow
quotePosted at 01:28 on 16th January 2010
favourite actor or actress well that could be difficult....hmmmm....john wayne
Diana Sinclair
Diana Sinclair
quotePosted at 16:46 on 16th January 2010

I like the old timers like, Cary Grant, James Stewart, Robert Young, Myrna Loy, Gene Tierney, Katherine Hepburn, and Audrey Hepburn.

Modern favorites include Sandra Bullock, Jessica Lange, Michelle Pfeiffer, Meryl Streep, Robson Green, and Hugo Weaving.

Krissy
Krissy
quotePosted at 17:20 on 16th January 2010
Steph! I am quickly becoming a BIG fan of John Simms!!! I've been watching Life On Mars!! I love it!!! And he's soooo cute!!
Beth Austin
Beth Austin
quotePosted at 20:52 on 16th January 2010

I choose Steven Seagal, for his martial arts skills

James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 21:01 on 16th January 2010

i think it boils down to the character they are portraying,for example i like james cagney but i dont like him in a western role.

gary cooper,burt lancaster,henry fonda,humphrey bogart to mention a few its a different type of acting now, i forget the last film i went to watch it may have been zulu "dont laugh "Wink 

T Dow
T Dow
quotePosted at 21:51 on 16th January 2010
what people in my opinion don't relise is that 99% of all artists donate their time money and efforts to charitable organisations...so choosing just one for me would be impossible...artists are born with a gift for GOD to carry the light...shine in places where there seems to be only darkness truth and give voice to those who have none...
T Dow
T Dow
quotePosted at 21:58 on 16th January 2010
favourite movie...or one of them philedephia story...katherine hepburn carey grant and james stewart very younge...dialouge movie well written...the only person who could do cary grant in the remake...george clooney...Its a wonderful life...if it were ever remade...which if not done properly would be a huge mistake...nicholas cage...only person who could carry the line...you want the moon mary I will lassoe it for you and pull it down...one of the most brilliant casting Tom cruise magmolia...only Tom cruise could walk out on stage and carry a part of a man teaching men how to catch women...perfect casting..oscar winning...john cusack on of the most underestimated artists of our time...etc etc etc...one could go on for hours
T Dow
T Dow
quotePosted at 22:04 on 16th January 2010
I was being sarcastic about the john wayne thing...oscar wining performance on caring it would seem...not the real one by the way
T Dow
T Dow
quotePosted at 01:15 on 17th January 2010
I have to keep writing on this thread because I can't seem to find a way to write on any of the other ones...clearly my thread comp skills are lacking...favourite movies??...I was reading...clearly the ocean fan is slightly mislead in what talent is...never got to see guy richies latest but looks fascinating...to debate movies would take hours of categories etc...how about top ten love stories 
1 2 3 4 5 Next >