Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Hi

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Emma Utting
Emma Utting
quotePosted at 22:01 on 20th October 2008

AWWWWWWWWWWWWW Lyn!!! Its ok..but you dont get used to it do u?

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Wolf
Wolf
quotePosted at 06:35 on 21st October 2008

I read your story and enjoyed it Lyn B, very thought provoking.

Just a thought, but maybe you wouldn't feel so alone and on your own if you joined in more on other threads and spoke to all the terrific guys and gals on the site, instead of keeping to yourselves all the time. Undecided< thats me in thought. 

L
L
quotePosted at 07:14 on 21st October 2008
Good idea!! Come on LynB and join in with all the rest of us mad lot (not me of course, I'm saneUndecided ....i think)
Emma Utting
Emma Utting
quotePosted at 08:02 on 21st October 2008
Good idea:) Lyn B will Im sure and I will follow lol Im on a course today, so speak to you soon Emma xx
Alan Marron
Alan Marron
quotePosted at 08:04 on 21st October 2008
There's a lot of fun on the Forums with us young fellas (cough, splutter)
Emma Utting
Emma Utting
quotePosted at 08:08 on 21st October 2008
hahaha...Alan, Laughing You all are a lot of fun!
Wolf
Wolf
quotePosted at 08:09 on 21st October 2008
Don't you worry about the young fella's us old guys are much more experienced and know how to treat a lady.Wink

quote | editPosted at 10:22 on 21st October 2008

Thank you Wolf, Lyn and Emma, I know you are right and it isn’t that I don’t want to join in with every one else, I know you are all fab people but I just find it really difficult, I never think I have anything to say that is worth a reply or even reading, I’m the same in the real world, I stand back in the shadows, out of sight and unnoticed, I haven’t always been like this, I used to be really confident with plenty to say to anybody and everybody whether they wanted to listen or not Laughing but over the years, things happen that knock your confidence and I now find myself a bit of a hermit, very rarely leaving the house unless it’s to work or with hubby to take my photos, I guess I withdraw from life and my friends a long time ago and spend far too much time alone in my comfort zone, not even I recognise myself anymore, I was only thinking yesterday that I can’t remember the last time I went out of an evening, it’s that many years ago.

Trouble is once you have got yourself into my situation it is really difficult to change things, people give up on you and I don’t blame them, anyway, I won’t babble on anymore. Please Know that I’m not being ignorant and I do try to post on other threads, I hope I have never ignored anybody that has ever spoken to me on here, I hate rudeness and if I have it was just something that I overlooked and was not done intentionally, obviously I’m fine and at ease chatting to Emma because I know her so well, she is part of my comfort zone. I will try harder and even though I don‘t always join in with the fun and banter I do spend time reading all your posts. Smile

Cathy E.
Cathy E.
quotePosted at 12:31 on 21st October 2008
Hi Lyn. I think you are wonderful and you should do whatever makes you feel comfortable. You should never be forced into being some one that you are not. No matter where you are on POE we all love you!
Stephanie Jackson
Stephanie Jackson
quotePosted at 13:20 on 21st October 2008

Lyn - that's a lovely story. If only there were more people like those boys in the park! I have tried to bring up my boys to think about others and I must say that every day they make me very proud as they are kind and thoughtful. It's hard being that way in the world as it is today but I have always believed in having time for people and trying to bring a little bit of happiness into people's lives.

We love to have you as part of our little POE family. You bring a valid contribution in the forum and with your wonderful photos. I know how you feel about going out - I am the same - I hardly ever go out at night only to an occasional wedding. Part of being a Mom involves giving up going out and then we end up losing our confidence in public situations. My happiest times are spent on days out with my camera! But always remember that other people can see the beauty in you - outside and inside.