Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

View North from Gospel Pass.

Hay-on-Wye in the county of Powys

Bridge Avenue, Otley, West Yorkshire

Otley in the county of West Yorkshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Anglophile from New York! :-)

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Cozycriter
Cozycriter
quotePosted at 04:19 on 27th February 2010

Hi, everyone..

I just discovered this website while researching regions in England. My name is Jo and I am from the suburbs of New York City. I've been drawn for a long time to the UK, especially England and Scotland, even though I've never been. I love British actors like Michael Caine, Cary Grant and Colin Firth (to name but a few), am a die-hard Beatlemaniac and find English culture fascinating.  I especially LOVE the accents--beats mine, any day!  I love to take photos, but unfortunately, since I've never been to England, I have no pictures to contribute. :(  I hope that's not a pre-requisite to joining this site.  Hopefully, one day I can remedy that problem. ;-)

I look forward to making friends and learning more about England, its people and its culture.

Hugs, Jo xo

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 04:29 on 27th February 2010

Beatle fan!

No pre-requisites for our site, just come and enjoy yourself and make some friends.

cathyml
cathyml
quotePosted at 06:04 on 27th February 2010
Hi Joe, glad you can join us, even without any photos to offer, the forums are great fun, and the pictures to die for so we look forward to joining in and being part of the family
Stephanie Jackson
Stephanie Jackson
quotePosted at 06:45 on 27th February 2010
Hello Jo - you are welcome with or without photos! It is fun to join in the forums and comment on the photos. Welcome from the West Midlands - not sure you would love my accent though - it is a Black Country accent and when we visited the US most people thought we were Australian!
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 09:28 on 27th February 2010

Welcome to POE from Anna and Ron, Jo.

We live in C S Lewis' Oxford (Have you heard of the man?) We also appreciate the great bunch of members we have here. Join in whenever you can.

Krissy
Krissy
quotePosted at 14:11 on 27th February 2010
Hi Jo!! Welcome to POE! I'm in NJ so we are nearly neighbors!
SarahPremier Member - Click for more info
Sarah
quotePosted at 14:40 on 27th February 2010
Hi and welcome to POE, Jo Smile
Cozycriter
Cozycriter
quotePosted at 16:11 on 27th February 2010

Wow!  Thank you, everyone, for such a warm welcome! :)

Sue, it's so nice to meet a fellow Beatle fan! Coolies! :D

Cathyml, thank you for your kind welcome, as well!  I've taken a look at some of the pix and you're absolutely right--they're just lovely!

Stephanie, thank you for your kind comments!  I was just looking at information about the West Midlands, btw, so it's so "funny" that you're from there!  It's so beautiful!  One of the sites I was looking at in my research was called, "Heart of England", and I learned a little about (please correct me if the spelling is "off"): Shropshire, Worcestershire and Herefordshire, for example.  They all looked very lovely--Shropshire and Worcestershire, especially.  I love rural places with lots of mountains and greenery (not too fond of the water), so that's why I was looking at these areas to see if they "fit".  One of my many dreams (which will probably never happen in this life) is that I be able to have a summer home in the English countryside, so I was pretending to be shopping around for one!..LOL!  I know it probably sounds very silly, but we all can dream, can't we? :)  I also tried to find out a little about Birmingham because it's not too far from you, correct?

As for your accent--I think ALL English accents are just awesome, so if you sound like an Aussie (another accent I love, too), it wouldn't bother me one bit! :)  I think all the different types of accents are so interesting.  I also love cockney and Livipudlian (yay, Beatles!)accents, but I know that in your own country (as in the US), not all accents may sound appealing to you.

In that vein, Stephanie, I need to ask you..because I keep seeing this mentioned on other sites.  What is so "terrible" about a "Scouser"?  I saw some posts on another site yesterday and somebody from apparently another part of England didn't care for anyone who was that.  Isn't it a very thick Liverpool accent or something?  Please correct me if I'm wrong.  I don't mean to offend anyone by saying the wrong thing. (And sorry this post is so long).

..and once again, thank you for the warm welcome, Stephanie!

Hi, Anna and Ron, how are you?  What a lovely picture of the two of you! :)  Thank you for your welcome!

I've definitely heard of C S Lewis, I just can't remember what he wrote at the moment!

Is Oxford near London?  Just trying to get a sense of where you are.

Hi, Krissy.  Thank you so much for your welcome!  I don't know where you are in Jersey, but I'm in North Rockland County.  I absolutely HATE it here and have been waiting YEARS to leave..it's just so hard to do anything right now.  Thanks, again, for taking the time to welcome me. :)

..and Sarah, thank you so much, too, for extending an 'ello! :)  Just where are you in England, if I may ask?  Again, I hope to one day visit your beautiful country.

Thank you, again, everyone, for all of your warm welcomes!  I look forward to getting to know everyone better and delighting in all of the beautiful pictures of England.

Hugs, Jo xo

Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
quotePosted at 18:54 on 27th February 2010

Hi Jo, and welcome from me too, although from Arizona, not England.  If you are an anglophile, then you've definitely found a good place to land on the www.  We have a great group here and thousands of lovely photos for those of us who have to seen the British Isles in pictures.  I hope you love it here.

Cozycriter
Cozycriter
quotePosted at 20:08 on 27th February 2010

Hi, Ruth.. Thank you so much for your warm welcome! :) (Arizona is beautiful, btw--what I've seen in pictures and on the Travel Channel). ;-)

I am really enjoying this website; getting an education in just how beautiful England and its countryside really is.  I was looking at pix of Lancashire earlier--simply breathtaking!  I want to eventually post comments, but for now I have just been looking and taking it all in.

Thank you, again, for taking the time to say hello! :) I look forward to seeing you and everyone else on the forums and enjoying everyone's pix.

Hugs, Jo xo