'; ?>
Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Why are we fascinated with England

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**
< Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

lancashirelove
lancashirelove
quotePosted at 11:17 on 25th April 2010

Hey Ruth, and fellow Poe members,if you like Liverpool, switch yor sound on and listen to this-

(the answer is of course GT BRITAIN but listen to this lady from Merseyside (Liverpool) attempting to answer the question Which European country drives on the left?

http://tv.muxlim.com/video/oQK13UM3YzI/hold-your-plums-wasy-question-about-left-hand-drive/

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Dee Gill
Dee Gill
quotePosted at 18:36 on 26th April 2010
Krissy-Urmi-just about finished reading the Anglo files book. Well it was not what I expected. A couple of fuuny pieces, but on the whole not at all insightfull, but rather snobby and it seemed the author does not like the Brits. I feel it is a very inaccurate book which dealt with the government, teeth, weather and repressed feelings from World War 2. It did not really cover typical Brit life the beauty, positives and strong character of the British people, actually it was just plain negative. I did not enjoy it. I think the info. on the book's jacket was misleading and I believe there are much better books on actual Brit life and culture. So if you guys have not got hold of the book yet, don't worry-you're better off enjoying the great pics on POE and the lovely comments about England on the forums. You will really get the truth here rather than a book written by non-Brit, although living in England, does not like England. The author did not depict the England I know and grew up in.
Richard Oliver
Richard Oliver
quotePosted at 17:58 on 29th April 2010
I live in Wales but near to england lovely countryside and if you live in england,wales,scotland etc you have to love the rain too.I hope you all have your wish and are able to live here we would love to see you enjoy england!OH Bring your lovely airstreams caravans over and teardrops we need them as well lol!
 Please login to post to this thread...
< Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9