Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

St Mary & St Margarets

Combrook

in the county of Warwickshire

Oswaldtwistle Town Hall & Civic Theater, Union Road, Oswaldtwistle

Oswaldtwistle

in the county of Lancashire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Good Day "64"

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 07:37 on 23rd June 2016
I am not seeing anway to login off in the margin tonight...try one more time and then probably pull out my battery in my computer. Nasty storm on teh west sid eof Portland right now headed this way for the next 24 hour plus early Friday morning.
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 08:56 on 23rd June 2016

Don't pull the plug on your PC Shirley, it causes it to reboot the next time you login, not just to POE but any site and this is the kind of action that the PC doesn't like.

Hi to all POEsters.

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 20:07 on 23rd June 2016

Yes, I know that's the one thing they don't want to happen either if they are hacking my computer Ron....today will be an historic day I think on pulling out of the European Union...so I'm watching the news.  Trump came on and said the most rediculous thing about Clinton...she's an world lier and corrupt....what politican isn't at some time these days?...heh...sad to say. Kickbacks keep them in office and they who give expect something from all the big dollars they give out. Raining here this morning...suppose to for an little over 24 hours and then it starts to straighten out into  later..... four days of summer.  But it's OK with me if we don' thave constant drought going on also. I slept in most this morning...leg pain from yesterday, but before I came in last night I threw another top over my patio unberella and tied it down over the lawn swing in that direction and to the flag pole and porch railing ot the other side to protect it all.  I have yet to go an check it out and see if it did any good...so best get going for now. Lot of really important things surfacing in the news today already also. Have an good day everyone.

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 09:29 on 24th June 2016
Morning/afternoon to all POEsters, hope your day will be a good one!
James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 09:53 on 24th June 2016
Good Morning to all on this fine day --enjoy it.Wink
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 17:54 on 24th June 2016

Historical day in England...last I saw this morning...pulling out of the Eu Union 52 percent in favor against 48 not...I think you made it...New York Stock exchange took it with an 460 drop on the Stock Exchange ...but any world news ususally starts out like that these days.... until people become adjusted. Now come the first inking o fan summer weather for the next week. My sister in-law passed away coupel of years ago...her grandaughter sent me and Bridal invitation...so it look slike I can add aother reason to go north here soon besides Judy.  It's time, she's bought her own house and they look like they already have the basic's she's wanting help on funding their honeymoon to Hawaii...though if she went through one of the free flying miles credi tcards, they could maybe get that pretty well free also...still give her something though...everyone likes to be acknowledged when getting married. Though I can't ever say I'e ever seen an bad wedding..maybe not the most expenisve...but just as cahrming...the love is always the main carrier of the event. Talk to you all later on...Have an godo day celelbrating over there. Where you go from now?

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 08:20 on 25th June 2016

Onwards and upwards Shirley for the benefit of us all, maybe not immediately, but in a few years to come!

Hi to all POEsters

James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 09:18 on 25th June 2016
Good Morning to those who are aroundSmile
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 03:38 on 27th June 2016

Yes, it's going to take some time..been reading all your politicans that resigned though and  the uncertinany of Scotland and Ireland....bur your right..you will survive, cause of anything is needed from what was it will be pass through all over again most likely. Basic things stay the same whomever is in office.

WE went ot the coast yesterday to see the kids an couple of hours along with their dogs we were babysitting. REally windy and this morning they showed about where they were at near Pacific city and I mean to tell you the wind was so stired up with sand that the coast hills were keeping it in an level below even them..in short you couldn' t see the beach. WE got re-routed by an Parade in Tillamook and ran into Ronald McDonald at his home base...with tons of kids running to greet him. Kids came home late last night...it was an over nighter more or less...Friday night.

Went back on my Paleo diet and my diabetes meds, but like the emergency doctor told me...cut back half of them...see what happens. I got the dumest letter from the ????...and that's my problem....so how do ai anser the question?  After I send off this bridal gift to up north...Sarah....I'll tackle some paper work as see where I can get on the issue.

Tuesday morning I go in to get the hearing aide at Costco....about $2,000...it ought to be their very best for that amoount of money. 9o minues more testing and fitting, but she thinks maybe they can have it all ready to go before we follow up Judy's House Arming Gift and see Sarah and how her Bridal Shower turned out and what's going on with the wedding.

Long day today...took an nap...and I ran into this lady and her miltary hubby at the park today...and I told her  whyshe hasn't seen me there lately...because of my leg....and she sat down in her walker chair....and listened and then she said...."enjoy yourself"....reguardless of what others tell you and you will be just fine. Be prudent...but enjoy life.  I thought about that all the way home. She looks like "turttle woman" to me. She may be an ancestor to me also.

Other then that...things proceeding along so far....so catch you all tomarrow. Have an good day coming up. Oh, sissy,... passed her driver's liscense test Friday also. Now she has the means to go to work on her own without any help from us others. I asked her if she'd come in and see me during the day sometimes also.

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 03:43 on 27th June 2016
Hi James...and what have you been up to lately..besides walking to town, anything exciting going on your way?