Berkeley

in the county of Gloucestershire

Hampton Manor, Solihull, Birmingham

Solihull

in the county of West Midlands

Kew Gardens Railway Station

Kew

in the county of Greater London

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Good Day "64"

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 19:55 on 2nd July 2016

Good morning....anyone like to buy an investment property?.....house on the hill is for sale, last of the family left for Kentucky I am told.  Estate sale going on now...she told me the house would be put up for sale this coming Tuesday...as I told her it would make an nice country Bed and Breakfast Inn....huge above gound pool in the backyard, next  to it an hot tub sits on 5 acres of land...house is two story...on the hill...the backyard is flat, the front yard is walk down, three car garage.. recently landscaped, but not totally up kept...guess they fanally got to old to do it any more....has an driveway around backand enough yard to be comfortable...lots RV parking....my guess is the house is four bedrooom at least...they took the double garage and made an glass enclosed garden room on top of it. This house use to be remembered for it's 365,000 Christmas Lights they put up every year....that was just on the house. It sits on an short street...they were the original owners of the entire neighborhood at one time...its one of three houses that surround us also that are houses of around one million dollars. I'm sure it coulkd use some updating though inside...they put the best into it..but times have changed in ways with the younger set. WE are about 2 miles off and main old highway into town.....about 3 miles from Mt. Hood Community College and our area hosptial is walking distance to the college...on the bus route also....not to far from the newer section of town. People in the nieghborhood are now retiring fo rthe most part....my nieghor has her own beauty shop in her house.  She's two houses away form thsi house. Easy access into Portland, Oregon...I-84 Freeway through troudale. also. Easy access off Highway 26 to Mt. Hood sking also.... Completely fenced as well.  It has an LOT of potential for the right buyer. I guess maybe this is one reason of my of not really caring about this weekend for some reasonthis year....people are staying home and doing grage sales for the most part...and downtown Portland is an bluesstage  musical and beer festival for the most part...fireworks following...it reminds of an work week. 

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 11:15 on 3rd July 2016
Good Morning to all
James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 09:10 on 4th July 2016

Good Morning on this bright sunny day day enjoy it .

Also a very good morning to our American cousins on their special day--keep outa the Moonshine Shirley.Smile any other friends from over there why dont you pay us a visit.

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 03:02 on 5th July 2016

Keep out of the moonshine...where's Perry Como at?...."Moon River".....OK, I'm doing the food bit...slowly overthis weekend and paying the price for it also. Yes, Had an sip of my hubby's icy cold beer yesterday with the grilled hot dogs and wee dab of potato salad..Dorito's Nacho chips, pickles...do you like pickles...I like pickles, those little tiny kosher dill and garlic baby sized ones...Oh...and cold tea. I'll do the hamburgers tonight along with some zucchinni and whole kernnel corn....and am watching the Blues Festival downtown Portland.....35,000 people are there right now. WEather has been nice...not to hot, and some sunshine later in the day....perfect for fireworks.

They have so far in the past contributed 100,000 tons of food for low income and the needy in our area. this si the first year they charged an $10 admission along with 2 cans of canned food.  I do not see most of them drinking like you do in wine festivals...and I say Kudo's to that one. Just have an good time and listen to the bands and music playing. Fireworks start there at 10 pm....I'm going to though watch Boston's "pops" orchestra and fireworks at 9 pm and then the Washington D. C fireworks at 10 PM.....and they are already poping off an few around here since last night. Kids should be at her friend's house by now...she does an hispanic loadful of fireworks....and they need to see her, cause she's dying from what I understand of some kind of lung problem.  I sent over Sarah all kinds of food the other day to help them celebrate.  So I talk to you all tomarrow and enjoy the evening.  (Say, I thought

(Queen Elizabeths' 100 year jubelie was pretty septacular myself) 

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 02:54 on 6th July 2016

WEll, I'm back...Ok July 4th is over for this year the Blues Festiveal here in Portland netted the Oregon Food Bank$1, 247,000 dollars plus cannned food (2 cans each)...for the 38,000 people that showed up...it was four days of constant  entertainment going on...an group of every 45 minutes. I was really surprised...I didn't see any drinking and guzzing alcohol on TV as they showed it...nor wine. The food will go to the homeless, low income, and those in need for some reason or another...like house fire,  family dissaster..etc.   Only here in Oregon and to the local Food Bank. Ron you asked how to have an fund raiser for POE...well there ya go...an idea.

I watched the Boston "pops" Orchestra and thier fireworks last night...the one at Washington D. C. didn't really please me as much...so I went back to Boston's grand fireworks last night...and watched them out my front window (live) also.  In Boston...they had them shooting off in muitples in three differnt heights...all co-ordinated.  After an ticker tape of the end of thier musical guests ending their program. Meanwhile...tonight on the news they said the fireworks they were showing for Washington D. C. was taped last year..".fake" for 2016. The "replays" they do on TV now do not thrill me at all...including programing. After seeing the same thing three times...I'm tried of it.

So today was restful pretty much for me...it was cloudy and cool most the night...rain over Thursday night coming up.  Slept in today, so the morning went super fast....hubby went to scouts tonight. I ran out of my epsom salts,

so went to Narual Grocers...where I ran into something new...from the state of Utah...mined empsom salts with minerals in them and an bit of clay...says it runs your bathwater an light red, but easily washes off everything.  The area down there isn't callled red rock country for nothing I guess. I think it comes from teh Great Salt Lake also. Says it's ancient stuff at any rate....and healthy for you. A person can also now buy dead Sea Salts as well from them, bu tthought I'd try it out...7 pound container for about $19...from Natural Grocers...they are Nationwide, so maybe they have them in England by now also.

So..what's everyone doing ? 

James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 15:16 on 6th July 2016
Good Aternoon folks --all ok??Smile
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 06:31 on 7th July 2016

Yeah...I'm tired Leslie my nieghbor and myself at our propective houses did yard work all day, kind fo tweeked things up from summer...I think her's is really taking shape from last year also. I changed mine stuff around to create an wall of flowers around my front prorch this year. Watching what's going in England right now...lots fo changes comingand going.  I get an underwire feeling of an lot of anxiety also....nip and tuck that and think logically what you need and step by step work toward that goal.  Salme finally lifted the band on "Tiny Homes"...whcih are an craze righ tnow and I think that's good...it gives everyone an chance to buy into something to get started with or retire with, or add to some day. I think an nice enclosed carport on the side of one of them would add tons of room for an livingroom area..with an wood stove.  Covered it would be rain proof.  Patio furniture out there and safer for the kids to tri-bike around also where you can visti others while they do it and keep an eye on them. Tiny Nations has started prices on some of thier's for around $30,000.  These can be moved just like an trailer house also...but  couldn' tyou see an round of tiny homes in an park setting...with grass an and playgorund in the middle..I sure could. Some of the seniors have already thought of an retirement co-op village like this up around the great lakes somewhere....each person volunteers so much time to help keep the place in tip top shape.  Like gardening out in front of the homes, or cutting the grass, or manning the food pantry shelter...soup kitchen...helping to drive each other to different business and health appointments. Taking care of animals. Taking care of the people if they are down and sick also. An humanitariun idea of being neighbors and helping each othe

Someone else has come out with an  "Mother in law" moduale of an bedroom and bathroom and small kitchenette that fits comfortably in the back yard...it's suppose to be low cost and affordable also.Some ideas that aere wrothing of thinking about.

I go for now, I have just an bi tleft to do tomarrow before the rain comes in late afternoon....so talk to you all later on. Have an good evening.  

James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 20:17 on 7th July 2016
Good Evening to all who are around-had a good day??Smile
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 01:32 on 8th July 2016

Yep, relaxing day at any rate...starting to look into motels for our trip up north...have alerted all my neighbors, ones still alive at any rate...and of course my kids to watch the house.  They have keys at any rate. Yes, eacatly at 4 pm its starting to rain here. Just like the weatherman said it would. I have to stay in the Best Western at least one night as I have an card there and need another night to get one night's stay free.  What happened to Ron?...is he involved in the pulling out of the European Union and busy these days?  Lots of changes going on right now in England.  It's times like this there's lot of "Mud slinging" also..if you understand...but they arent' leting up on HIllary nor Trump in that area either over here. I went an bought me an book with 288 craft ideas in it...everything from sock animals to making rugs/sweaters/lots of sewing/knitting/embroidery type crafts.  Not an Christmas Book, but could be on some of the crafts....like thier gift " paper" rugs....I wonder what keeps them from tearing up easily.  I've got to go back an review these motels/hotels as one of them had an waterfall in it..... Talk to all later on.

James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 12:38 on 8th July 2016
Good Afternoon to allSmile