Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Bridge Avenue, Otley, West Yorkshire

Otley

in the county of West Yorkshire

Morcambe bay as seen from Williamson Park, Lancaster,

Morecambe

in the county of Lancashire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Good Day "64"

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 07:41 on 27th September 2016

Good evening, well, finally got around to some things needing doen in teh house, like window washing today...I seeKate and Wiliam and family made to Canada on thier vacation today.....with kids. George is "shy" or well trained not to speak to strangers these days. I am getting reports tonight of an low pressure weather disturbance that isgoing to drop down out of Canada later this week, giving us wind to begin with and cold there afterward with rain projected also. Eastern Oregon possibly is first freeze of the season. I kind of upped my living room an bit better, but could use to do something with the floors...kitchen also. I'm thinking..maybe first fire in the firepalce this weekend possibly. At any rate thsi guy does special weathe rreports fo rfarmers and tree nursiers/plants says to batten down the hatches before the wind arrives.

I watched Trump debate Hillary tonight....they'd make an good sister and brother me thinks.  He tells her that she's no good and she's had plenty of time to work at things and she tells him he don't know from hooey as to running the Government...but then...then.... they agree on something...the crime over here needs to stop. Which it does. I kind of laugh... and go back to my survival shows and what I can learn from them. tonight I watched them shoot an wild turkey and cook it in an pit out in the middle of nowhere. Seasons' ending to last year's shows that I've been watching because I've missed an few of them. REminds me to go out tomarrow and cover the patio umberellaup with an tarp before all this bad weatherarrives later on the week here..if it does. Weatherman is like everyone else, somedays he gets it right, other days no.

I'd go to my Ipod, but for some reason losing more then winning at my solitar card game....I don' t bet on line so it don't mean much, just an way to pass the time until something else comes along. Discouraging though, I canabout tell by the cards I get at the beginning that I'm going to win or lose. All those games to me are "rigged" more or less. This month has went fast, wonder of my docotor's not sick any more...had to make an different appt.

My neighbor went in for her heart tests...and is being monitored. RAndy says she has an bad heart valve, they will tell them this week what they propose to do for her. In th emeantime, I kind of wrapping up family Christmas gifts for this year. Gotta get an head start on it while I can. Takes me time to pay it all off....and we added an badly needed truck for hubby some months back to pay for also...that will be on going next year also. In on eo fthe survival shows I watched them make an raft to haul lumber on...first time I've ever really seen anyone do that...make an raft. It floated and worked out OK, though they had to cut it down in size some. So guess I should head in for the night. Bought my shipping boxes today for 33 per cent off the original price....much better then the post office rates.  Talk to you later on "shutter bugs"....I see cameras are on sale right now also. 

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 21:19 on 27th September 2016
So who do you reckon will win the Trump/Clinton business Shirley? I reckon it will be Trump by a whisker and then the sparks will fly! lol
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 06:52 on 29th September 2016

Well, I think they are in reality..the best of friends in ways....much like an brother an sister fighing..but not really hating each other.....ah, he did such an job on his debate, he was trailing in the polls behind almost double what they were for her in the debate. I agree the both got good points amid bad ones..and Trump in the debate pointed out that if things are such an mess over here...well, she' shad plenty fo years to change things politically...and hasn't done it, while she points out he's one of those guys...all mouth an not do himself.  So far politically the only thing everyone is wanting done, and agreeing to.... is getting rid of the guns and the violence going on over here.  I am learning though,if you don't have any hair on your head, you let what's left grow realy long and kind of brush up and off to one side, then nip it off...looks impressive.  And, wear bright brilliant colors in your clothes and smile sweetly with an arched brow and "land in to your opponent"...and tell him visciously...that is what he is doing to you..so all is fair in the fight. See...sister/brother stuff...aren't little kids like that?  I can't help smiling and they got more in common then what they would agree to that I acknowledge.  I think she' s earned her job. politically and the next President will be known in part by thier Vice President. Whom we really haven' theard to much about. In the meantime....there's been two people whom have passed on in the world as leaders....Mr. Peres of Isreal, and golfer Arnold Palmer. I would guess the third world shaking thing would be the Indonesia volcano that has 389 some visitor's missing from an huge volcanic explosion today.

It's been an long day for me, the nurse's started picking on me last night and went into this morning....I can not do an thing for them until I see the docotor in an few weeks. that's the bottom line more or less. My phne is getting exchanged tonight, the old one won't take an very good charge.....and my "ex" sister in-law came by taking her mother back home from thier trip down to California...so she go tmost her Christmas Prsent this year headed back to Eugene, just callled an bit ago and said she arrived and was headed for bed to sleep. She probably needs it by now. She's been on the road most of the summer up until now.  We are going to see one of the gals that I use to work with here soon, we talk on the phone no wand then but haven't had the health to go see each other this year. 

Weather suppose to be nasty by this weekend also, so tarpin gover stuff and tying it down last couple of days. We so greatly need the rain, my evergreens trees, two of them are about 50 per cent dead right now. WEnt out and watered them somewhat, but even the potted plants I bough thave turned dried and are dying. Certainly not good news. Before I came in I was watching an show called "unknown Explorations" as they tried to follow King Authur's supposed known travels. See if he really existed...I think he did, like they said he exemplifed the better character in mankind.  But this guy made it through Wales, England, Scotland in his travels. Something different to watch,.. I enjoyed the scenery. Takes my mind off politics for an bit. So I'm ready to finish my cranberry juice and head for bed myself. Grandson was fussy tonight also...things are resolved through wating patiently until his birthday comes around next May. We set up the new "Cabana" I bought to carry in my car trunk...so I could weather proof it better for rain with the rain proof spray, I'll go out tomarrow and do another coat of it and let that air out beforeit gets put away in the trunk again. Set up it looks like one giant half of an umberella on the ground that can hold two people under it's rim....it's got an tarp floor in it also, and three flaps for opening or closing the so called "windows". It should work out nicely at the beach, where it's windy, or like at an sports game when the sitting area is taken up, or around an campfire late at night....and it was on sale, so I'm happy with it so far.  In the summer, it will provide shade also....small enough it fits neatly in the trunk and doesn' t take up an lot of room. Saw Prince William and Kate this morning ..still on thier vacation in Canada. With that I head for bed for tonight and get some much needed rest hopefully. Talk to you all later on.  . 

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 02:11 on 1st October 2016

Hi, well we made the 50 drive to see Marylin and it was good to see her..am lucky to see her once an year, but sure do enjoy doing that. She's aging  into one "foxy" lady I think, got caught up in our kids, and cars, and health issues.She's driving an black Camero(racing)...she doens't need any more car problems, and can' tthink of anyone else that wants them either....so bye bye to the car problems.

Hubby has flag retirement tonight, as they stopped them the last month with an fire ban on burning any thing outside. 

Rain is now west of Portland headed in and this way...Mt. Hood might have it's first snow fall here soon. Freezing levels are down to 5,000 feet and rain will be over one inch....trees are blowing right now also...but do we ever need the moisture to save our evergreen trees. 

So long day, I'm tired tonight and my knees are doing an rumba of their own with the quick weather change from earlier today...so will go for now. Geroge was on his pony with Prince William looking like he was giving him some common horse sense, and Kate was off to their side....laughing an bit about something. Wonder if he will get his own horse...oops "pony" for Christmas this year.  Maybe he'd like an miniture electric car...an blue one just like the one his mom was driving after she got married.

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 18:57 on 3rd October 2016

Good Day!....finally got my calendars moved ahead to October.  WEll, Trump is another one that hasn't paid taxesin 18 years...you know if the average citzen could do that most of us would wipe our debts out overnight for the most part.  They say he's worth Billions despite all his debts...but he's into evrything so much that they aren't really quite sure what he owns an doesn't any more.  He makes much much more then the Queen of England though. When I think of all the good he could be doing for others then himself..how can he say that he knows the right path to stear this country...that I am very unsure of in ways.  Reminds me of an joke, four fella's were on an airplane and it's having mechanical problems.... and they have to parachute out of the plane....but there's only three parachutes. So the rirst man grbs one and yells.."God save the Queen"...and out he jumps.....the second man grabs an parachute, yells"Viva La France" and out he jumps....third man looks at the second man, shoves him out the door..., grabs an parachute and yells "God Bless America"  Only thing is, we Americans are the ones being shoved out the door.... when people don't pay thier taxes. That is our problem over here...everyone wants the other guy to pay for everthing. Rather the other guy has the money or not...... then he lies about it. Makes it look like he's obe better or knowledgable when he is not. It called shirking repsonsiblity....and I live around many in this family doing ecatly that, but tellling me that I should do something about being in debt because they refuse to face the facts. But anyway. It looks like an rainy week most of this week...and Hurrican Mathew might skim up th eeast coast also. AS an hurricane it is doing spectatcular things never heard of before, like turning from an Cat one hurricane to Cat 5 over night...it's an monster in size also. Last I hear it was movinbg NW..toward the us coast line though about to smack into Hati/Jamacia/ Cuba possibly.

Prince William, Kate and the kids are back in England now..vacation is over for now.  Kids looked tired an bit fussy leaving, but people I think enjoyed seeing them over all.  They are cute to say the least. An nice looking family that I hope thier parents derive much happiness with also.

Must must get some things at the store today, so had best get going for now...was up late last night   e my own redition of Chunky Apple Pie ...applesauce last night. I throw in the whole nine yards....and it truned out well..esp warmed up..it really does taste like Apple Pie in ways. So I go fro now..have an good day everyone !(By the way..all the flavor in my applesauce at 70 per sent less sugar).

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 20:07 on 4th October 2016

Hum, cold in the house this morning so got under my comforter and me and my kitty cat went back to bed....but Idid watch the nerws..."mercy Corps" left PDX this morning with staffing an dmedical supplies headed for Haiti and following...Hurrricane Mathew.  Then I woke up to watch these guys making an donut station..they took fiberboard the stuff the guys use in workshops...with all kinds of holes in it....added nails and hung swirled frosted donuts on it next to an coffee pot. Looked to me they had about 50 donuts hung on the board overall. Anyone could help themselves.

There's been someone killed nearly everyday in the area...there's this weirdo lose that's been harassing some woman, and they caught an picture of him at her parents house hanging up an note for her...which read ...You can't escape...I am going to rape you..kill you..raped you again and stabbed your dog to death. She went to the policeand is asking anyone if they know who he is to tell them so they can get an restraining order if not pick him up. That's very scarey in my estimation. I wonder if he's on "pot" or something also.

Someone is working over my computer...took the security off of it...and of course it's jumping all over the place using it. WE did get our fresh snow last couple of days at the hgiher elevations of Mt. Hood, but they don't expect it to last to long without more of it to make an foundation for an snow pack for this winter. So now I'm behind an must go for today...have an good day everyone.

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 06:14 on 5th October 2016

Hi...well the sensitves are complaining of aches and pains...most lkley the Hurricane Mathew to blame, and Mercy Corps left PDX this morning with staff and medical suppies to go to Haiti..follow it north. But it could be due to cold also....as Mt. Hood upper elevations are getting snow right now..it's raining down here tonight. I lost my house furnance...but I have firewood and bought me an small electric top cover for instant heat if I don't wan tto make an fire.

Tomarrow go see my sister and she says that Mary is asking about me since my kmart Parking lot incident so I guess we go see her also, I owe them lunch I do suppose. I spent plenty of money today buying sale items for my food pantry..and got some good bargains also.  My last person on my list was my hubby and I am on him now, Itold daughter in-law I spring fo ran the cost of making him an Christmas quilt I found that I liked for his bed..in his mancave downstairs.  Some of the things I bought today were Breakfast Burrito's for less then they sell at TAco Bell...soups for $1.18 an can...half cases of black beans, green beans and diced tomatoes at 68 cents an can...good until 2019. Frozen bread..6 loaves fo $3.57...which I like to fry and add different jams in the winter...cinnomon rolls for $2.98...all kinds of gravy mixes to use/broth also. Lentils for my Weighr  watchers oven baked lentil soup...good old receipe. ARmor Frozen meatballs for 2 for 3.98 total...as we like to make them with pizza sauce and mozerella on top...27 of them to an package...and make our own sub sandwhiches on an hot dog bun. Two packages of frozen chicken breasts...which I don' t see on t4eh receipt righ tnow either.  3 heads of lettace at 98 cents a piec for salad wedges. Ayway, guess I'll have to go and see if I brought chix breasts home today. For now..it's time to go to bed for me. Talk later on!

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 20:24 on 5th October 2016

Mancave eh Shirley? So what does he get up to down there whilst you're upstairs and/or out shopping? What a thought eh, a place where you can put your paper down without somebody nicking it, or maybe leaving the washing up for a couple of days, or maybe even leave your clothes on the floor without getting told off? lol

Hi to all POEsters wherever you are, hope your day is/was good?

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 02:19 on 6th October 2016

Today was something else...first of all I watched the vice presidents debate....kaine I kept saying..will you shut up so I can hear what pence wants to say....OK, Pence, you believe everything Trump tellls you...Really....I think we are going to be in trouble Ron...but at least...Trump let's hillary have her say...and she attacks him also, don't say she don't....when the kids use to act like they did, I sent them to thier rooms until dinner time and told them to think things over. But I see at the end they both kind of left in peace with each other. Put on?...hum...probably.

Rest of today started with losing my meatballs...I looked all over the house for those meatballs,,,my sister said...honest..I can't find the meatballs at all....hubby came home,...and came upstairs and said, what's with these meatballs laying on the clothes washer?....so now I can make minestroni soup with meat balls I guess.

This morning I was watching the news....bumper to bumper four lanes wide...for miles on end...people evacuating Florida because of Hurricane Mathew...the rest were taping windows and nailing 8 by 10 foot panels of wood aorund thier houses.  But he's drop hum..down to 120 mph. They think the east coast will be getting 7 inches of rain. 

No heat in the house...my house furnace went out....so yesterday I bought me an sherpa lined electric blanket,put it on my sofa, plugged it in...the cat has his feet on an pillow..laying on his back with his head up in the air and his paws across his chest and hasn't left it...and it's only at an number 5 settting.  You would of thought he could of helped me find the meatballs at least.

Diet...what diet....I bought my favorite cupcakes today....chocolate, with mocha flavored frosting...bits of Mars bar chunks and extra little dribble of chocolate....I've ate four of them now...my dinner tonight was brocoli and an bottle of water, while I served my hubby an steak dinner.  Health net wants to talk tio me, bt they start with an computer generated message....which gives me an telephone number ...I don' tremember with an number line of 20 more digits to access, and it acts like Kaine did last night...the talk is so quick and fast, you can't make anything out.But I'm trying work on it all...my new phone won' t come to the house until after the 20th of this month. My old phone won't keep an charge so I can use it.

In finally got my pantry groceries put away, my sister's clothes delivered and that took me most of today also...but I can't put them where I ususally do because it's in front of the furnace someone has to service...so it was find an place to stack it day on that one. Sometimes I hae night mares...really I do...like the other night...I dreamt I spilled chiken noodle soup on thie nice Christain boy I know....and I was licking it off his chest on the upper left hand side and he looked down at me, and he said, why are you doing this?...I said, my hubby has me on suchan low budget Ionly own 2 washclothes in the whole house and they are dirty very meekly....then I woke up. I feel so embarassed.

It's time to work on the Christmas oranaments....I keep saying that and so far can't seem to get ot it....so I had best get going for now..I need another lamp plugged in down there to see. 

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 02:34 on 6th October 2016

Hubby's "man cave " i sall his, onlu issues we have is the wrinkle in my white shag carpet down there, but he has his tv to watch, his computer go use, and exceutive rocking chair, outdoor windows, bar in the corner and two sofa's an woodstove to heat it all with....I don' t"touch" his "mancave"...once an year I go down there an try to find an place to put an little Christmas Tree...tha'ts not easy, he's got racy cars, pictures of the Scouts, miliatry memorbillia, canping equiptment fo rhsi next outting, file cabinets galore, and it's next to th washer and drier...an dno those weren't hie meatballs I lost today...but here are area's of clutter about tha the could stand to work on....he has some 32 yearsof accumulated little "games" also strewn about..not ot mention cards...and his cell phone with it's apps also. So guess you know, after an good dinner he goes down there and calls the evening all his.  If he's lucky he'll get an Christmas quilt for the bed down there...which has pillows laid in an special way also for his shoulder problems...besides healso has Miss Kitty at night time, under his arm...while I have her counter part laying at the foot of my bed ussually also....and this morning I had to go get milk....because he had his head leaning on the refrigerator... waiting for his morning milk......Now I go for now.