Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Good Day "64"

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 00:19 on 7th October 2016

Good morning....Panic Day on the east coast, they say don't believe what your told...last night there were 16 people killed in Haiti...for some reason it's now 112 people killed from Hurricane Matthew...and it is doing the wildest things...I have never in my entire life seen an hurricane's projected path off shore and then back into its'self as they are saying this one might do. Yesterday, at one time they showed an pattern for this hurricane that looked just like an human skull...that was brought up by others also. I have not seen anything of that like since 911 when the towers went down and there was an image of an person in that, after the planes hit one of the towers and caught it on fire.It has now build up strength again, but they think it will roll off shore and back into itself when it gets to South Carolina or Georgia.  Lots of people out there milking the news media the best they can on this storm...and it's potential.

In the meantime....I got an letter from our credit card....hubby told me about this last week,,,,they cancelled it and are sending out other cards because of suspected fradulent purchases out of Brooklyn New York....yesteray in the mail, with our address we got an letter for an Sherry Hoskins....never heard of her. We do have an niece but last I heard she was married to an guy name Schmit..that family owned an restruant  in Portland. It was sold several years back though. They bought an house and an huge 5th wheel to live in and rented their house out for monthly income. They were doing just fine last I heard, they only have one son.

We lost one section of our canopy out back, so was out proping up the heavy tarp we had over it with several patio umberellas until we can get it fixed better this weekend when it turns nice weather again. Suppose to start raining tonight again.  Cats love my heated electric sherpa lined blanket....if ones not on it, the other is and somewhere I get myself on there also. I call it quality time with grandma, I think I see them smiling at times also.

I got my new cell phone, so will have to go out an see my daughter in-law and what she ordered for me and how to use it. Check on that later.....I made the minestrone soup last night and added the meatballs...it turned out very good..it thicken up somewhat, but added only an little water so it was more like an stew texture to it, with pasta/beans and all kinds of veggies and meat balls also. I guess I go for now. Have an good evening. 

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 05:32 on 8th October 2016

Hi there everyone....well, I stayed up last night and did an little "lightwork" on Hurrican Matthew...some of the weather men are really milking it for it's bad news like they are generally glad of the destruction of people dead so they have an top story to tell to everyone. 3 people died in Florida....death toll in Haiti is now at 800...I guess the aftermath of what you get in an third world situation...if it's all true. There was an  proposal at one time because of it's poverty to make new National World (UN) headquarters down there...because it would give people with little education jobs in serving the dignitaries coming and going world wide...I'm glad they didn' t though...think what danger such an building would be in an bad Hurricane.  I felt they should put it north in Canada     in the city that has it's huge underground shopping mall up there,,,north of the Great Lakes...and easy flight into New York also...but anyway...so much for that one I guess. AS I write, it's in Georgia with constanst or sustained winds of 105 mph...now I've been in one at about that speed, until it happened we'd never had an hurricane known.idn' tknow it was coming in either...and by chance the cost and it's radio stations sent us th eword, it was no normal winter storm. I stayed up last night and did "Lightwork" on Matthew to lessen up somewhat also..so am tired..and talking to an gal I want to meet that we all talk with on the internent as an. person. Have an busy weekend coming up right now also. So guess I best get going for now. We got our new credit cards today, they took our old ones to start tracking whomever they think got our numbers to use fradulently....probably so they can prosecute them in court somewhere..someday. Talk to you all later...have an good weekend!

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 09:26 on 8th October 2016

Tough times out that way right now Shirley so hang on in there dear friend. Hard to believe or understand the damage that nature throws at us in different parts of the world.

As for the new cell phone...........good luck with that! lol

Hi to all POEsters, hope you are well whatever you are doing, wherever you are. I haven't heard from James either, worrying to say the least, but hope you're just busy in the garden mate.

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 06:37 on 9th October 2016

Good to see you Ron, some of the tough times are people not thinking.,  Like those being rescued right now for driving thier cars up to the door windows in high water...can' tthink ao anything so important enough to even try it myself. Little kids also, is what gets me. It's finally leaving the Virginia coast now...lots of stuff closed down because of the flooding fom the 17 inches of rain they had today. I actually figurd something like this was going o thappen eventually when the area down there recoverd from the Gulf oil Spill o fyears ago...nature tends to balance itself out.

Grandson came over and hubby and him and off an on us gals also helped him put up an garage sized tent instead of the canopy we lost...but I'm figuring its so filmsy that by tomarrow night it will b eleaking rain no doubt. But until then it looks lik ean nice livingroom sized outside patio....including the carper we have out there now also. Bought hubby's quilt today for Christmas also. I paid fo rit and sarah;s going to make it, I slipped her some extra money for doing it also. Getting ready for an tri to Eugene coming up also. But in gneral an long day for me running about...we went out to dinner tonight...that helped to make the day an bit better. Offical deth toll so far is 10 in the states and 800 possiby plus is Haiti and Carrabean in general. Be nice to see things return to normal but I wonder if there is anything like that these days any more. Richard Nolle, the astropro "astrologer" predicted this several months ago also.Because of John's private weather service I knew about it before they even named it Matthew.

Some people claimed it was pre-made...to take our minds off politics and to do some cleaning the slate before others have the time to find out the dirty digs on Trump and Hillary. others say that "Niburu" thplanet is now coming around the sun on the south side also.Beware.

Now that sissy has another job, got her damaged car fixed from the deer accident, she's after tomarrow going to start working 7 days a week partime daily I guess until she starts college in January.  So goes as they say.

Grandson here with his dogs tonight....I could smell "popcorn" downstairs being cooked also...nice aroma....it rains all day tomarrow supposedly...raining now also...fireplace is blazing away, don' t miss not having  house furnace right now. they have them both going, fireplace upstairs and wood stove downstairs.With that, guess Igo back and watch the hurricane leave the US mainland and hope it stays away also.  At oen time yesterday they had 4,800 airplane flight cancelled...I think that was only in one state also. Have an good evening. Time to make some Beef Stew and pumpkin/apple pie. 

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 06:44 on 10th October 2016

Well, it' over now pretty much(hurricane Matthew), but still keeping an eye on it's path...we had three small quakes off the Oregon coast since yesterday...highest was 4.8...this makes four in the same region recently. Today was an lazy day for the most part, I needed to get caught up in my sleep for about three days now, so I took it easy today. I made my steak from the other day into Frijoles for hubbys dinner with baked beans, and my apple pie applesauce..now have some shopping to do tomarrow, getting low on eggs. Pouring down rain out there tonight.  Magazine article on the Paleo diet...try to print out an paragraph on it and it's results. But not tonight.Didn't watch the presidential debates, and sounds like it was another session of kiddy bickering amoung Trump and Clinton...and nothing really established as to where we might be going in days ahead.  Have an good evening...will talk later.

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 09:11 on 11th October 2016

I still think Trump will win Shirley.

Dangerous or not at least the man says what he thinks and the 'locker room comments' referred to I suspect are no more or no less, than any male (or female for that matter) might have said if they thought it would get a smile?

Taking it a bit further, what the PC brigade are saying is that women don't talk about men that way. Hmmn, not so sure about that either

Hi to all POEsters wherever you are.

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 00:18 on 12th October 2016

You know Ron, when your an woman supervisor, you get all kinds of comments that are demeaning, just because you are an woman, but remarkable as it is....facing one of the type one day at work, it was an man himself that came to my defense....another started to make an sneery remark that I the probalby did't know what I was doing, and this man said, leave her alone, she's not like many women, she knows her job and does it, no matter how hard it can be somedays. Guy just stopped in his tracks...not expecting another guy to say something like that.  But yes, I worked my way from low gal on the totem pole to my supervisory job and then went to college nigth taking business classesand supervisory classes to up grade my education in my job. Trumps younger years were probably like most people...they were those days going out of young man "racy" stage and working into adult male stage and guys are just perplexed at that age as are women... suddenly finding themselves with an carreer..... but not family as of yet...and time is biologically ticking away....by 45 most women have not much choice to have family in an normal biological way. Our society makes such strains on our everyday living lives at times. I do wonder though if Trump is such an "ass" how come his divorcees he's left behind openly haven't rediculed him much. Strange as it is..this bible message coming out about JESUS being married...says in Jewish faith...an marriage is the bonding of two people for reproduction ...in adult character......it is NOT an lifetime commitment unless one makes it that by staying with the same partner. Women generally went back to their mother's clan...and this is true even for the Native Americans over here also. Boys were raised by thier mother's and most often by thier grandfather's and uncles until age 16, and then given to their fathers for guideance. They claim the records say, that because Jesus first child was an girl, he was not even allowed to have sex with her again until after one year....so she lived wiht her mother's family....and he went on to adminsiter to his missionary work. He later returned though and had two more boys....one was apreniticed out to his uncle.  the younger one of coursewas born shortly before Jesus crucification. He probably stayed near hisi mother to care for her being an widow now.thsi was teh customary thing to do back in those days.

I am working on my Christmas ornaments...an vibrate deer pracing in the air....in three demnsional wood with snow flakes....they are costly to make not including my time making them.....but the background is in deep sparking purple glittered stock paper...and the front gets an circle border of the deer in tiny purple rinestones, and there'san purple ribblon abovve, this is on the outside of the fancy wood carved top dimension of the wood....the cover on the back is one layer of dark plain purple round, civered with two layers of light sheer lavendar with irredecentpoka dots like it's snowing...and the embellisments include an border with pearls in different small sizes...like you'd see on an wedding gown perhaps... and inside an lavendar jewel radiating out in matching rhinestones to the pearl border.  These are about the size of an standard cofff cup in size...lutside edge is recessed in slightly and I have just plain dark purple ribbon on the sides of th eornamanet...and an hanging piece of ribbon that matches it. They turned out looking very nice...but just for th esix of them...somewhere over *dollars each to hand make...retail price would be twice that if not slightly more....16 to 20 dollars each. I made her six of them. She's been collecting purple oranaments for years now to put on an snow white Chrismas tree. She has an lot os special glass ornaments I've been buying her from MIcheal's over tg eyears to help her plus others we have made ourselves using feather flowers...glitter and such. She uses white lights on her tree. I hope to have these daone by tomarrow night.  As pretty soon will be delivering them to her.  Still have the ladies at the bank to do and sending Judy's packages to her also....I should say boxes I guess. Then it's family stuff and neighbors after that...which is mostly done already, as I'm using fresh greenery for outside door decorations with an few things I've picked up to complement that. I do this now because there's Holiday cooking and places to go to also.

AS for politics...we all make mistakes....especially them, and I doubt HIllary could of changed things if she wanted because the "good ole boys" don' t allow women to do that without thier consent first...but I think it's not just her that may of failed in years past...people should understand that aspect politically. Nearly every woman I've heard of into politics gets talked about nasty...nicer looking they are...th emore they are callled "whores" by the guys.

I am wondering what happened here in town an couple of days also...an 10 year old little girl was arrested ....Airana Cortez...in murdering an man....I think she was said to been an accomplist to the crime, but you wonder these days was it over drugs...or rape/sex/abuse issues possibly. That's why our men must straighten up and use more respect toward all females...it's gettign out of hand and has been for many years now.

Good to see you here...I feel like I'm way out in space by myself without others to talk to directly. Sorry to hear about James, maybe he will return over the Holidays..along with Rick, Barbara, Rose, and so many that use to post here.  My parakeets have been so stressed out this year by the weather...they have laid eggs three time now,the third time was with Hurricane Matthew. 

O close fo rnow, much  to do before I go meet my "new" doctor tomarrow.....I heard an very soft female voice say to me night before last...Why don't you smile very much?...Most people see othe rpeople and times from the outside...I see them from the inside of the situation. This is what being physic or intuitive does for others....when you see reality..... over the projected image of happiness.  Truth over lies. Harmful intent to others, not realconcern and kindness either.  Money coming first, sex coming first, profit comeing first. God gives it back you know....the falseness you give out in life. Not to mention I had an past life that was horrific by way of the Nazi's...yes, they killed me back then also. I go for now...talk later on.....good to see you here.

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 03:07 on 13th October 2016

Whom ever is out there won' t let me explain my situation...but it ended up being told to be diabetic and go into more medication for it...or not be the new doctor's patient....so....I left...I gave her 22 some sheets of normal Blood Glucose readings from Spring through summer...she says they don't count for anything. In fact most of what I told her she didin't accept because she WANTS me diabetic...there's lots of money in it's treatment....not in it's "cure". So now, no doctor I guess you know...I'm on my own to be perfect in the dieting...and there goes my physical handicap parking permit for this winter also.

Have you heard of this as yet....Win tickets to London....visit the Here and There TRavel Fest to enter for a chance to win two tcikets to London. For more information , Visit OregonLive.com/travelfest. New non-stop flights 4 times per week from PDX (Portland, Oregon) beginning May 26, 2017....Delta Airlines.

Breaking news over here last night was that Queen Elizabeth II was stepping down on her anniversary date or birthday in Feb 2017 and giving her royal seat to Prince William....as she retires from duty.  

News also....Ymen fired upon US Navy Ships over in the middle east today....bad juju on that one I think. Tonight 6 were arrested again in protesting. They are wanting ot know also why they should accept  an new union contract for the Police department with money could be better spent in finding homes for the homeless that California shipped up north with an one way ticket several years in an row. They feel that alone would help to curb the homelessness in Portland. 

Big winter storm coming in tonight...won' t be inland until tomarrow sometime...I've been buying up my material needs to make more Christmas Ornaments...and sit it out if possible. This time black crushed velvet Victorian Shoes decorated with lace, pearls and tiny roses. So I now have four or five different projects going on in the ornament making.  So I guess I should get going and look for those patterns I need. Have an good evening.

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 06:51 on 15th October 2016

Well, what cn I say...phase one of the storm came in...two tornadoes....tore up Mazinita on the coast and oceanside.Mananita the worse.....I feel sorry fro SEattle tomarrow...they get the brunt of this all.  I went out the doorto go to the store...and run into my patio table with umberella leaning donward and into the lawn swing...my yankee candles all broken to smitheerin's and what was on the table was on the porch....this porch was tarped over and lattice work installed to hold it in place, so while I'm out there pickin gu glass my big 12 by 12 canopy in front of the garage came flyin gover and across the landscaping.....hubby came home at noon to help me take it apart, it's pretty well destroyed...it was expenisve also. Very low pressure storm...and everyone wiht health issues is in deep pain, including myself, I went to Safeway to get more battery back up to th eLed lights I'd bought the night before...they asked me if I needed help as I could hardly walk...then I got home and about an hour later...bright light flash and thunder nearly over the house...but up really high. Been raining since then, we've gotten nearly 2 inches since last night. We go out from time to time to check things out. Oceanside had winds ot 103 mph before the tornado came on shore.  What's left of thier houses are being boarded up today for round two tomarrow. Not you rusual Oregon weather. So I go to bed, as I was up until about 3 or 4 am last night...slept in until about 9;30 am. Tired. Its about all I can say ...from last week's storm to this one....it's cost us some 724 dollars...I only get 800 an month ans it's taken for paying off bills for the next two years. I sit her quietly contemplaing what to do about it all...not much I can do. So, I think I'll go to bed for tonight and hope we make it through tomarrow. SEattle gets smacked late in the afternoon tomarrow head on with it all. The eye is headed straight for them....Vancouver B. C. also. Say an little prayer for us.  No deaths and only minor injuries so far.

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 01:46 on 16th October 2016

Oh Gosh...need to kill some time...so thought I'd come on in ....wind advisory is supposedly over at 5 pm....today's highest gust was 55 MPH at the airport...the eye of today's storm smacks into Vancouver BC sometime tonight.But it's lost much of it's strength going northward. along the coast. The first pre-storm of the remmants of this hurricane hit Asia last week...came more our way the last day or so. An bit of tweeking and things to be delivered for Christmas can be delivered, either personally or mailed, and all I have left is the local people in my area. Todays run about was trying to find big bags to deliver some of it, just an little early as yet for all of Christmas.I go tabout half of what I needed though. The other I might beable to wrap up before we leave. 

Hubby at scout outting working on thier trailer and last I talked ot him will be home as soon as their spaghetti dinner is made and he's eaten that...he said about an hour...been gone all day long. Low pressure with this storm had my leg weaker and pulsating at times earlier today...so didn' tget much work don elike I wanted to do. I'm to afraid my leg will go out on me when it does this. Storm sure did an number on the trees turning orange and red leaves. Few little branches down but nothing to bad....they looked dead anyway.  Drinking coffee and eating marion berry muffins I bought at the store....need to get me some tea. Have you heard of "Matcha" tea..it's an green powder tea that has 10 times the action of fat burning I guess...though it's also conisdered green food for trainers also.I ran across some tea the other day in Safeway that said in big bold letters...England's favorite tea.

WEll, best go, hubby just pulled into the driveway...have an good evening everyone!