Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Breamor

Breamore

in the county of Hampshire

Halter Devil Chapel, Mugginton, Derbyshire

Mugginton

in the county of Derbyshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Good Day "64"

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 02:34 on 10th July 2016

Good evening to all...just following James...tee hee!...Ok the people we are going to see,..... have now been callled, one's in SEattle...hope they make it back to see them....tweeking things up now to go see them...and following rain showers possibly...but it's always drier on the other side of the state....so go for now and don't be to surprised if there's some down time for me on the computer until we get to our destination and  can get an room....just keep your cool and take it easy......ANYONE out there?....talk to these felllas...they need some company! 

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 11:26 on 10th July 2016
Good Morning to all who are looking in--not a bad day -enjoy it.Smile
James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 08:09 on 11th July 2016
Good Morning another week to look forward to
James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 10:17 on 12th July 2016
Good Morning to all who are awake and looking in--have a nice day--anything planned??Undecided
James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 16:29 on 13th July 2016
Good Afternoon to all who are aroundSmile
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 05:19 on 14th July 2016

WEll, we got home from vacation...good news the church we were married in still exist's they had though resurfed the outside in red brick..they left one window though....the front one of Jesus holding an lamb in his arms, reason I picked the church to get married in to begin with....they left the side windows but cut them down an bit to edge them with the original gray block stones or rock...and trimmed things in gray cement....the church bell and the top is still intact being white wood...I think they call them "cuppola's".....anyway we took pictures and came home the only one still on our camera was an front shot and one side of the church...I took pictures of the new addition they added on to the side also (called it an Hall)...none of them turned out for some reason(????).....met Judy and visited with her....saw our neice and family....the grand-daughter isn't doing so well, on "feeding tubes" and so thin...looks like an 12 year old and she's 43, I don' know if her days are numbered or not....her legs look about the width of my hand...the tops of them.  I thought she was in an nursing home...she's in an private home...I wonder how well they know to take care of her medical needs. It didn't look like an very good care situation.  the weather was kind to me on this trip...but I got home with my feet starting to swell...so have to  take care of that and get rid of it. Other then that...tired so will go for now..It was an kind of mystic trip also...but this woman at an rest stop, as we went to take off, was waving at me...until then I hadn' t noticed her...she looked like an picture of one of my ancestors...an grandmother in the 1800's era....then she dissapeared...when I took an second look. She had an bun in her hair, dark colored, was wearing an long type of bottom/had an pant'skirt look) with an modern top for clothing.  As I was talking to my neice....she morfed into looking like my deceased sister-in-law talking.  Just things like that going on the entire trip.

James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 10:31 on 14th July 2016
Good Morning to allSmile
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 05:09 on 16th July 2016

Well, we took another day off and went to the coast..got back today....traffic home was "Ugh"....it took us 2 hours more due to heavy traffic in those liitle towns that need to wided their streets because it's an highway now...but anyway...other then that had an nice time.  I posted an bi tmore about this trip over in earthboppin.net...JOhnL and I talk about things..his "grits" is also into genealogy.

Where is Ron at these days?...don't see an comments from him lately. 

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 04:07 on 18th July 2016

Oh, things finally calmed down enough I could take an nap today...hubby gets ready to take my grandson to Scout Leadership training tomarrow for an week. I'm set up for the diet to resume tomarrow also.

Ok, so where's Ron taken off to these days...hope he's Ok. Did you all know that Portland had an 3.0 earthquake yesterday on the west side of town...was mostly likely felt by few people, as didn't hear about it on the news.  It don't  get to "Rock and Rolling" until they get around 5 or over. Probably all that traffic, cause there sure was an lot of it getting into Portland yesterday. I read those magazines last night and go tcaught up in everything going on north/south/east of me in concerts/car ralllies/festivals and the likes through next month. I see al teh stores are putting their summer merchandise on cleareance now also. Some of the stores have up to half off prices. As an woman shopper makes my blood want to boil in finding an" good bargain". Besides the dieting could stand to so some painting also...not much, maybe one wall and an dresser. But kind fo take things as they go. So I go for now...and ponder where "Ron" took off ot...before that it was James...hard keeping up with them these days. Have an good evening everyone!....New week around here has already started.

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 06:10 on 20th July 2016

Told myself that I wasn' t going to get into the Convention for President...and just listen to what's going on instead...because "Trump" has been an bit of chaos where ever he shows up.....and it looks like I'm right again...but at least the police aren't getting gunned down right now.  How is your pull out of the Eurpoean Union going... I've not heard an word about it since the day it happened...though I know many people have quit politically. It seems like weird times about all over the world right now. I keep thinking I heard one time that when nibiru the planet was to draw close to earth, things would go bonkers...and indeed Mexcio was showing an nice huge red globe in the sky and said that's what it was..recently in the U-tube video's bu tthen again...can they be trusted to tel the truth?  Object in hand was to take our minds off possibly being hit by this planet...if we were in turmoil people wouldn' tlook up and see what's going on. Zachariah Stitchen says it's an artifical planet and will not come in closer then the moon...then the UFO embassy will take shuttles to earth for an visit as they always have done in the past. One of the other should be an interesting next month coming.

Back home, on my diet...lost 1 and 1/2 pounds over night....long time coming though on the diet to make things right again from being on vacation. Took my first walk today...about 1/2 mile without the cane....in my own nieghborhood.

Finished off my " wall of flowers" (Daliahs blooming) by adding in front of them an decorative bench to sit on sided on each end by an hanging pot of purple petunias on small wicker tables...and an old time 1800's era) three lamp solar street light behind the bench...looks very nice.  yellow flowers/pinkish ones... to purple ones with purple in front...tomarrow I fertilize everything again. I even beside the light put an matching shelf in metal...and put an bird house on top...next shelf the bird, and the third shelf fake green plant and next an empty flower pot...and below it an ceramic squirrel.  This surrounds my entry way to the house, and it has an small water fountain feature.

AARP (american assoication for retired people) says if you buy mousse to fluff up your hair...try the dry shampoo and save yourself some money...the new stuff out now works just as well and isn't sticky....savimg yoursels having to wash your hair first before adding the mousse.  I have no idea if this works very well fo rthose bald...I've not seen an " wild fluffy hair" in my life as of yet......  I wonder if it" twangs" also like an guitar string...LOL. Do we have any volunteers to try this out?