Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

A picture of Southrey

Southrey in the county of Lincolnshire

Lighthouse in Fleetwood, Lancashire

Fleetwood in the county of Lancashire

Penshaw Monument, Penshaw, Sunderland, Tyne & Wear

Penshaw in the county of Tyne & Wear

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Knowledge of JOHN WICKENS

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Paul HiltonPremier Member - Click for more info
Paul Hilton
quotePosted at 07:50 on 16th November 2008
Emailed you Debbie , as a quick check of Wickens on the Berkshire/ North Hampshire areas you mentioned shows a lot of Wickens, and must have taken you ages to sort them all out, plus your extended family via marriages.Nearby villages of Kingsclere and Ashford Hill you might have come across too connected to your family, as well as maybe Thatcham and Newbury, both near too, and many Wickens there as well in the 1800's.

Edited by: Paul Hilton at:16th November 2008 07:52
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Kelly Barnard
Kelly Barnard
quotePosted at 14:40 on 16th November 2008

Hello Paul, My name is Kelly and to which you are probably aware.  I was the one doing the inquiring about the Wickens family.  I'm trying to locate the parents of my great grandfather.  Debbie did make a match and found info about a John Wickens whom married a Hannah Prest but it's his parents that I'm trying to find as we believe that he and his parents were from England somewhere.  My question is do you know of any sites that I can go to, to get the information to look at?  Thank you, Thank You Thank you for any help you can offer. Kelly 

P.S. I'm enjoying the site it's pretty cool!
Paul HiltonPremier Member - Click for more info
Paul Hilton
quotePosted at 21:28 on 18th November 2008

Kelly----here's one site you might find useful---

http://www.freebmd.org.uk/      and another one--

http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Search/frameset_search.asp

And both are free.

turps06
turps06
quotePosted at 15:26 on 16th March 2009

Kelly - sent you an e-mail as I have information on parents of John Wickens.  I also live in Ontario and am related to this family and have done extensive research on the family.  Hope to hear from you.

Edited by: Leslie Turpin at:16th March 2009 15:27
Kelly Barnard
Kelly Barnard
quotePosted at 17:55 on 16th March 2009

Hello Leslie how are you thanks so much for your interest about the Wickens Family.  Anyway I would love to share any information with you that we might be able to connect with.  I would love to read what you have anytime.

Talk to you soon Kelly

Debbie Wickens
Debbie Wickens
quotePosted at 20:10 on 16th March 2009
On 16th March 2009 15:26, Leslie Turpin wrote:

Kelly - sent you an e-mail as I have information on parents of John Wickens.  I also live in Ontario and am related to this family and have done extensive research on the family.  Hope to hear from you.

Hi Leslie, I wonder if you have any info that connects John Wickens to Joel Wickens family, many of whom also ended up in Toronto and Grey County Ontario area, my GGG Grandfather is Richard Wickens born 1826 Hampshire, came to Canada in 1836. Thanks! Smile
turps06
turps06
quotePosted at 22:25 on 16th March 2009
Hi Debbie: Sorry, I don't think there is any connection at this time. I have a data base of 450 descendants of William Wickens (b. 1810 in Kent County, England), father of John Wickens, but there is no Joel or Richard listed.  Those names don't seem to be family names in our line of Wickens.  I think that even if Richard was a brother of William, the name would show up somewhere in our line. 
Debbie Wickens
Debbie Wickens
quotePosted at 23:27 on 16th March 2009

Hm... Richard did have a brother William born 1809 Monk Sherborne Hampshire, who stayed in England, married Ann - had children born in Basingstoke -  Cicely, Ann, George, Jane, Sarah, Charles, Henry, Ellen - they all stayed in England though I believe. Probably some indirect connection somewhere with your Wickens - thanks anyway Leslie!

turps06
turps06
quotePosted at 14:34 on 18th March 2009
Kelly - haven't heard from you.  Did you get my e-mails and have you sent a reply.  I would really like to share our information. Hope to hear from you soon.  Leslie
Sue T
Sue T
quotePosted at 17:20 on 14th November 2009
On 20th October 2008 13:06, Kelly Barnard wrote:

My name is Kelly Barnard from Ontario Canada, I'm working on some family tree information For my third  or Fourth Great Grandfather JOHN WICKENs.  He was born in 1884 and came from England, sadly I have know Idea what part.  He emigrated to Canada and resided in Kingston, Ontario he Married Hannah Prest and eventually moved to a small farming community called Crookston Ontario.  They had 13 Children { John, Susan, Charles, David, Wesley, William, Mary, Samuel, Elizabeth, Albert, Emma,  Thomas and Mable} He died  July 17, 1926 and is buried in a pioneer cemetery at RR#5 Madoc, Ontario.

If anyone should have any kind of information about John Wickens and his life in England I would appreciate any information that can be shared. Thank You Kelly Barnardd

Hi Kelly,

My husband's grandfather names, John Stuart Wickens. His ancester moved from England about that time.  I don't know if he related to your John Wickens.