Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

ad
ad
ad
ad
A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

A recipe worth sharing

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Andy Edwards
Andy Edwards
quotePosted at 09:50 on 24th May 2008
I'll just buy them in Scotland again thanks Lyn! Here's a really simple and tasty recipe for the summer......ideal when you're in the garden with friends having a BBQ. I won't put the quantities because I'm a bloke and I haven't got a clue, but here goes:- feta cheese, cut into little cubes, onion, again cut into small pieces, tomato, either little cubes of slices. Pop them all into some tinfoil and then add a splash of olive oil and a pinch of herbs of your choice. Wrap the foil around the ingredients tightly and either put onto the BBQ or under the grill for a minute or two. It's absolutely delicious and goes fantastically well with light beer or white wine.
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
quotePosted at 19:06 on 24th May 2008

Wow, Andy!  You're a regular Renaissance Man, aren't you - photographer extraordinaire, natural history expert, walking field guide, vet tech and now chef!!  Very impressive!  And you don't look as much like a glass of beer as you used to!

You can't go wrong with grilling - and it's the most healthy way to eat.  Your recipe sounds great - the feta cheese is probably what makes it.  Lyn, is what you described for real?  Is that what hagis is?  My brother and sister in law were in Scotland last summer and tried it and liked it.  But I believe it has oatmeal in it, doesn't it?

Another thing you can't go wrong with is a really tasty, simple, elegant and decadent dessert.  We just had this one at my office this week for a going away party for one of my coworkers.  I don't know what its called but I'll call it "Serious Butterscotch Heaven."

Crust:1 cup chopped nuts (I used pecans, but walnuts are good too)1 cup flour1 stick of butter, melted Mix together and pack it into the bottom of a 9x12 pan. Bake at 300 degrees for 25 minutes. Cool. Bottom layer - Mix::8 oz. cream cheese1 cup powdered sugar1 cup cool whip Middle layer - Mix:2 small boxes instant pudding, butterscotch flavor3 cups cold milk Top layer:

The rest of the cool whip (I had bought the HUGE one) and sprinkle with more chopped nuts.

So easy. looks like a lot of work but it's not really.

For variety, you can use other pudding flavors, chocolate, pistachio, etc.  Other crusts (like Oreo), or add fresh berries in there somewhere.  Whatever you fancy. 

L
L
quotePosted at 20:38 on 24th May 2008
That sounds yummy Andy! yesss Ruth, that was a serious recipe for haggis, it sounds yuk but tastes good!
Andy Edwards
Andy Edwards
quotePosted at 21:42 on 25th May 2008
Nice to see you Ruth!! I love the avatar!
Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
quotePosted at 21:51 on 25th May 2008
Thanks, Andy.  I'm not very photogenic, but if I look happy in the shot, it's because I was standing on the City Wall of York when it was taken.
Andy Edwards
Andy Edwards
quotePosted at 22:02 on 25th May 2008
Glad you liked my picture of Beverley minster...it's well worth visiting next time you're over and it's only 40 miles or so from York.
Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
quotePosted at 22:24 on 25th May 2008

As I said earlier, I love all that mind-boggling, 12th century building project stuff that was going on over.  It's a shame about the Dissolution though, but even what's left from that fiasco is magnificent.  I took a lot of pictures at Whitby and Rievaulx that I'll be adding in the future.  And I would imagine, that York will always be on our list, whenever we get to go back, so we'll have to make it a point to go to Beverley.

MariaGrazia
MariaGrazia
quotePosted at 22:36 on 25th May 2008
Ruth, I think you bear a vague resemblance to Hillary Clinton :)
Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
quotePosted at 22:45 on 25th May 2008

I'm her evil twin!  Smile

A friend of mine is in Italy as we speak.  I hope to get there someday.  But the list is getting long and I'm running out of time!

Thanks, Maria.

L
L
quotePosted at 08:19 on 26th May 2008
Nice photo Hilary Wink Ohhh Italy, my favourite place! I love it there.