'; ?>
Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Meditation and Relaxation

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Peggy Cannell
Peggy Cannell
quotePosted at 13:49 on 19th September 2013
Oh good for you Neil ,thanks Shirley
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
rustyruth
rustyruth
quotePosted at 14:11 on 19th September 2013
That's great news Neil Smile
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 15:10 on 19th September 2013
Wow, great news Neil and 5000 views into the bargain!
Neil Rodgers
Neil Rodgers
quotePosted at 16:45 on 19th September 2013

Hi Ron

I hope this one turns out okay for me but I will certainly keep you updated.

The page views are doing exactly what you said and seem to be gathering pace by the day, I cant express how pleased I am with the result and the interest the thread has created.

But more important than ever the number of people that have contacted me and the assistance I have been able to offer.

Edited by: Neil Rodgers at:19th September 2013 16:46
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 19:57 on 19th September 2013

Wonderful news Neil...let us know when it's released. You know much of Oregon is waterfalls, Lakes, ocean and Hot Springs...amid green forests and rivers/creeks and scenic vistas.Have you thought of Silver Falls Park?....as even Ray Akinson, the photographer use to love to go and take epictures of it, in black and white in the winterwith snow and in color during the autumn. I am aways learning about this state from the older people here. Like the "Painted HIlls" in eastern Oregon...our "Rock Shop" lady we use to have here owned property up here..she was showing me an picture of what she felt was at one time an Native American "questing" site...the ritual where young men go and fast until they get an "vision" of what they are to become in the future days. Always on an high hill...ususally flat ground, they dig out an shallow pit so if they get disorientated, they can't walk off the cliff so as to say..sometimes in the distance they have an travelling companion to watch over them. The stars of this place were panoramic and of course the hills really do look like they were  painted in various bands of colors. I miss this lady since she retired and moved to the coast...and her shop. I don' t know if she was partNative American herself or not...but she raised her own sheep, sheared them, and cleaned the wool, dyed it an made her own skeins of yarn..and worked with the 4-H and young girls to teach them how to knit....to keep the knowledge alive for another few generations. You know my "ex" step-mother was one of the few that could repair hand-crotched tablecloths and dollies handed down...and use to earn some money from those services, as well as make Christmas ornaments as an side line. She also knit also. My thing when I was an girl was "embroidery"....I always liked white on white items...though I've done colors...but white on white seems to go with everything easier.  Been some time since those days. Even night gowns and wedding dresses often use to have white embroidery on them...baby layfettes and Christening gowns. Sometimes accented with tiny pearls if they could be had at the time. Pearls are my gemstone..though some people added Alexandriate also..just to make sure the "Gemini" in us had an twin I guess.

Peggy your more then welcomed..I love taking baths. I like to go up to the Bonneville Resort near Cascade Locks and soak in one of their tubs, which doesn't cost an arm and an leg like the rest of this resort .It has changed over the years, they use to have one big Library for the main lodge...and all the reading materials were Volunteer books/magazines and some board games and cards...and it made for an nice weekend in the rain we have here in iwinter.. to sit by the huge windows and the fire roaring and the little water course out and around the building... kind of pleasant. they also have jucuzzi tubs, Olympic swimming pool also...and body messages, but they were bought out by an European firm and "wow"...expenisive now. Still nice, but different theme to it now..it's on-line...if you'd like to have an look at it. Kind of place I always wished someone would decorate to the hilt at Christmas and have an big tree and people singing or someone piano playing or guitar strumming out tunes. Most the body massagers do not live there, but travel from the city to the guests... after they make their appointments with them at the resort. I think it's now something like $300 per night. It's about 30 minutes away from the city by car.

Neil Rodgers
Neil Rodgers
quotePosted at 22:22 on 19th September 2013
Thanks Shirley for such fantastic background material this is going to be very interesting.
Peggy Cannell
Peggy Cannell
quotePosted at 10:33 on 20th September 2013
Shirley, just been reading your earlier post regarding what to put in the bath water,  I have not had  a bath for about 15 years,  I have not got a bath only a shower, the bath was taken out and a shower installed because I have a back problem and could not use a bath
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 04:00 on 21st September 2013
That is so sad Peggy...I have problems taking an bath sometimes also if my feet bother me..but I try anyways, WE had an patient one
time that came in with bed sores from another nursing home, The first
time they put her in this Jacuzzi tube you could hear her screaming
all the way down the hall...but they lengthed the time each day and
by the time they were done an month later...the bed sores that were killin gher were gone..she walked out of our place healthy again. I
asked them why the this particular kind of tube, as we had an huge shower room at the time also....they told me her REAL problem was
beign made to be bed ridden at the other nursing home, that most
bedsores are the breaking down of your skin from laying on it...what
the tub therapy was doing evey day was strengthing her skin tone
again..excerising her flesh so as to say with the tub jets....after that
took hold, antibiotics helped to clear up the sores...but they kept up
with the baths daily also. Nurses were telling me that one of the
main signs of patient neglect is "bed sores" forming..caused from staying in one position to long. Our director of nurse's son's helped her one time and went on to an business of their own from it also...
being waterbeds....with waterbeds...you float...so it's impossible to
have your bones settle upon an certain area of the body to break down the skin. This was an healing that was one of those "short of
an miracle" in saving her life. WEll, it use to be that you could go to
Bonnevile Resort..to their spa and sit in an old fashioned bathtub up off the ground, in theraputic water and listen to music as you rested, with or without your eyes closed for about 30 mins. The resturant
is also located inside the room, so many people like to go there for
an soak in mineral water and an light lunch..for an afternoon outting.
How much it costs now to do that I don' t know..but say, I had an neck message there one time...that made me want to melt off the
table and slither along the floor it felt so good. You talk about relax.
Now this is an place that would be nice for Neil's newest tape also.
Buy it and take it back to your room. Plus you can rent rooms with
an huge tub off an balcony outside also...but costs are high...they
do offer "Spa packages" though that sometimes help.
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 04:14 on 21st September 2013

I should of said the restruarnt is in the same building as the Spa...they are both down from the main Library and lobby...there's an inner court and an Olympic swimming pool and in outside small jaccuzi tub and an inside Jacuzzi tube...like most motels have, next ot the pool. Dr. Sasson and his wife were there once time with me and my sister visting the Spa.. as hubby was out of town with the scouts in an camp-over. Thye don' tlive to far away, his clinic is in Rockwood...his son's were in our Scout group..one is now at Harvard, the other at Yake..becoming "Micro-biologiist's"  Now they put an mini-golf course out in front, free with the lodging...and it's hard telling what all else. Skamania Lodge isn't to far away...the area is peppered with Natural mineral springs. On the Oregom side you can't beat staying at the Best Western Cascade Locks..third floor up if possible...what an panoramic view. When Kerry was running for political office...president or vice president(?)...he stayed in one of those locations...they didn't reveal just exactly where for security reasons..

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 21:01 on 23rd September 2013
This thread is heading for 6000 views Neil. Just shows you the interest out there! Well done mate...