Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

The museum at Berkswell, Warwickshire

Berkswell

in the county of West Midlands

The fishing boat public house, East Runton, Norfolk

East Runton

in the county of Norfolk

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Good Day "63"

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 07:47 on 5th November 2015
Hi to all POEsters, have a great day wherever you are.
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 19:04 on 5th November 2015
Good Evening ---plenty fireworks going off to-nightSmile
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 04:34 on 6th November 2015

What fireworks James?..inform me please. We just got back from the coast for an over nighter...it was mostly onebig shopping day, finsishing details on Christmas..local gifts, but now have to get the ornaments finished off and saying I'm going to do it and not....isn't going to do much for them or me. Rained like cats and dogs last night, early morning ...hubby said it looked worse because the motel lights were shining into outside our door highlighting each little drop. We will be back over there next month but we got to check into one of the rooms they renovated. Lots of stuff on sale over there also. Wasn't feeling good either...my leg hurting me and my stomach on fire more or less. I took it easy and didn't push myself to much. Didn't over eat either. So now I'm tired from all the running around and time to get an good night's sleep I guess....good start in the morning hopefully. Talk later on. 

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 08:17 on 6th November 2015

James is referring to the November 5th 'Guy Fawkes' celebrations Shirley when the Houses of Parliament were close to being turned into dust, pity he failed maybe? lol

Hi to all POEsters

James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 13:42 on 6th November 2015

good Afternoon to all who are around,

All quiet on the firework front after 10pm last night here usually it goes on till after midnight.

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 13:57 on 6th November 2015

Same as James; I reckon it's a sign of the minimal funds available. Cameron/Osborne are hitting us all hard. Consequently few are buying any longer and I reckon a few stores could get stuck with them.

Anna and I spent a nice evening with the family and got home in time for an hours catch up with PC work (television for Anna) a cup of coffee and up the apples and pears!

More rain coming in it seems.

James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 14:24 on 6th November 2015

Had a look in Asda this morning all fireworks half price and plenty people buying em --i suppose for New Years eve ----only eight weeks last night.

Cool

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 00:41 on 7th November 2015

Ron, just had an interesting session...Firefox says that I'm off their server....and they wanted to fix it, problem wasin "Thread 63" of the last web pare I was in....they are fixing it, so if I don' tshow up sounds like I'll have to do theserver again. I am making mini punchbowls today...I finished the set of ornaments earlier....my mini-punch bowls server about four people two drinks each..no more...no less. If you are at your house and just you and the wifey there you don't need an huge punch bowl....so I went out and looked for the largest salad bowls I could find.I put an plate charger under them, an dring of artificial garland and add side dishes and glasses to match and go from there, the first I did was clear salad bowl, silver and white garland....second one I did was green...with red and green garlandthe first one has an snakc plate set in clear glass and some silver items...the second one has Lenox decorated tall stem wine glasses decorated with red ribbons on the glass and holly, and next to it I added an likewise decorated deer...and also some small dark green glasses and small pitcher.  Iam thinking Christmas giftsfor those with an him and her gift needed.Where they could have dinner for four.... or go paper and plastic from an crowd.  Singles and newly married ones. To tell you how lazy or uneducated the kids are about life...I bought an sterling silver ice bucket this morning at an thrift shop for $2.99. Appparently they didn't want ot have to use an little silver polish on it..it came out gleaming after I did it. Victoria's Holiday Bliss...collector's edition features my 25th wedding aniiversay silver set in it....though min eis I think by an different Silversmith maybe. They tend to carry international silver over here....but the Christmas theme this year is silver and white....and I already had the white plates.Easy do...Come this Febuary is my 50th wedding anniversary....my sister in-law says "Make hime take you on an wonderful trip somewhere". ...hum. Think about it maybe. No one in our area knows that th elittle pioneer church out our way, where my kids got married...has probably the most expenisive and old Silver for Weddings...firs ttime they showed it to me and asked if I wanted to use it fo rmy kid's wedding..I said...I think you should have this placed in an bank vault myself...but since then the police dept in the area uses it for theiir meetings. The church is hardly big enough to sport such an collection, so I wonder how many hundred's of years they have been collecting it.  Reminds me viking pirate/leader callled "Canute"...possibly early kind to the people that owned my area prior.  I told her after Christmas I'd see if I could find out more about his pillaging and owning most for FRance at one time. I told her if the economy tanks on us...that I'd send her out "pillaging" for us and she laughed...sh'e in her late 80's or early 90's now. I said "OK"...How about for an pillows?

King Henry VIII...his father....said to been weak and sickly in his day...and they said that King Henry VIII biw shows and blood disease...I had heard that also...though King's get suspected of the worse usually...some said maybe syphillis cause of all the women in his life.....but...his father I think might of been what they calll an "negative" blood type....just by what I'm understanding so far.  I know an person that had all her blood changed in her right after being born....and she was much like that, very pale and fraile looking in ways....very quiet and out of the main stream o fsociety for fear of coming down sick.  Of course the Howard family made his protector followed him arround and killed off anyone he was an freind to..so it went down as possibly he was "gay"...but I doubt that also in ways. But ti does tell me why the alchemist might of taken an interest in blood...enough to have said the Benjamin Franklin killed some people in his house before he left London, an dperhaps why they started the blood letting fo rmany illnesses tha tkilled Gorge Washington...which they said, had it been today they could of given him some pencillin and been down with things in two days time or less...as was it wekended him more and he died. Teh Alein agenda says Jesus lineae DNA is carrying an likewise genetic malnormaity and they are hunting down any and all his descendents to chage the factor. Kind of an weird world we live in at times..heh?

With that I had best go....tomarrow is the Veteran's Day Breakfast at the local church...it can serve 3,000 people, so our "Scout Troop" with any Veteran's is going along with the little boys in thier pack also. So I will do more Chrismtas ornaments and hopefully get them done and wrapped and ready to send out next week. Have an good weekend everyone!

Ron, check and see if this thread is even being shown in your web site....it could be the reason why others don't respond to it. 

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 13:09 on 7th November 2015

Not sure what you mean Shirley, but your post is definitely showing okay here

Hi t all POEsters...,

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 03:43 on 8th November 2015

They took me off Norton's and put me into McAfee is what they did Ron....I had bad bleed through today interdemensionally...heard Christmas music faintly in the background all most all day long. Another place...another time. Am getting ready to re-cushion and chair for my kids's house....today was another shopping day...groceries..fabric and getting the chair....still doing an bit of decorating for others also. I just made dinner and today I ran across in the frozen section...pupkind flavored mini-cream puffs....I dusted them lightly with powdered surgar, shaved chocolate across them and whiped seom streams of cholocate topping very lightly...we they ever good. Did an squirt of the canned whip cream between them to start things off.  Get this...nine of them is about half or better of an traditional piece of pumpkin pie. Makes for an quick Holiday desert and very good with coffee and French Vanilla creamer.  Guys went out to the Veteran's Day breakfast this morning...I slept in.. Wen tout ot see the kids and how the little kitty is doing, she's being an little sprite in hiding from the border collie, but when she's grown up and gets to go outside...things might change and kitty will welocme her company. So to give her some company...I bought this stuffed little cat today that walks, mews, and wags it tail and sneaks along the floor and then runs in little steps real fast. I heard something last night before Art Bell came on...they are saying the new trend for computers and I-pads will be an on line friendly "buddy" that will sense your needs an wants and supply it all for you. The drawback on this is it will be like never having to be out in the world with other people, ...and could this instant friend be an hazzard to your abilty to think for yourself also? AS they come out the host was saying..could someone say to an young child...somebody should stop so and so...so the kid takes an gun and recokon swith so and so in real life taking his  command from an computer generated "robot" more of less. Also itwas brought up...will this child ever be exposed to his " real parents" in his life also...or their values concerning raising children...esp their own.... there is getting to be amoung computer land an fear of the computer taking over for humanity someday. Many pro's and con's dealing with the issue. I'm going to lay down an bit...was an fast action packed shopping day all day long...we have the chair to recover by tomarrow...and getting it back to the kid's house also. I sent out an scratch and play carpet climb toy for the cat and an portable cardboard bed and climbing unit...and tomarrow she gets the littly kitty...so when she's lock in the bathroom all  day long while everyone is in school and at work...she'll have someone to play with...... Have an good evening.